Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The more I think about it....

Default The more I think about it....

I really wouldn't mind drafting Dez Bryant. He's a beast and I think would be an elite receiver within 2 years in the NFL.
    Great Googly Moogly

RyanD82 - Twitter

good idea idk if it would happen but id like it. id rather trade a 2nd and 4th for marshall i think marshall would want to destroy the donks twice a year like eddie kennison
    did when he was here

Quote Originally Posted by jacko58 View Post
    good idea idk if it would happen but id like it. id rather trade a 2nd and 4th for marshall i think marshall would want to destroy the donks twice a year like eddie kennison
    did when he was here
    If the options were drafting Bryant or trading for Marshall I'd even send the first rounder for BMarsh. Both are going to be headaches, at least we would get a proven guy in Marshall.

Moral of the story: drafting Bryant is no muy bueno at our position.

Thanks Aussie!

I like Bryant, and I think he'll be a great pro (Plaxico Burress, but less stupid, is my bet). That being said, we aren't going to do anything until we fix our defensive front seven and OL. Look at Randy Moss in Oakland for an example of how ineffective a great WR can be without a great team surrounding him.

I think Bryant gets unfair criticism. He doesn't seem like that bad a guy to me, definitely no worse than the afore mentioned Randy Moss going into the draft. As far as saying we have other needs, well of course we do. It doesn't matter who we draft, you can still say that. But WR is a need, and to get potential elite talent at any of our positions of need is going to be a big plus. In my opinion, the WR class fall dramatically after Dez Bryant. There are guys close to his level of talent, but they're raw and look like they'll take a couple years to develop. All I'm saying is that if we draft Bryant, you can't be unhappy. Maybe less happy, but not unhappy. He's a playmaker.
    Great Googly Moogly

RyanD82 - Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by DC_Chiefsfan View Post
    I think Bryant gets unfair criticism. He doesn't seem like that bad a guy to me, definitely no worse than the afore mentioned Randy Moss going into the draft. As far as saying we have other needs, well of course we do. It doesn't matter who we draft, you can still say that. But WR is a need, and to get potential elite talent at any of our positions of need is going to be a big plus. In my opinion, the WR class fall dramatically after Dez Bryant. There are guys close to his level of talent, but they're raw and look like they'll take a couple years to develop. All I'm saying is that if we draft Bryant, you can't be unhappy. Maybe less happy, but not unhappy. He's a playmaker.
    I think a lot of the criticism might come from rumors certain teams may put out, hoping that he falls to them. It's a scare tactic!

Taking Bryant at no.5 would be even dumber than taking Bulaga at no.5...

nothing against you, because Bryant is a playmaker. But i know he is a headcase, just not the player Pioli is looking for. Plus, they re-signed Chris Chambers...and we have D.Bowe... it may not be what you want, but the Patriots suerbowl teams were notorious for being supposedly weak at WR...eventhough they had solid contributors across the board like we will

.... we also signed Jereme Urban, who i think will surprise alot of people, mark my words...
    J5, Cassel, Tamba, Brandon Flowers, all going pro bowl in 2010, Chiefs go 9-7, make Wild Card playoffs...

Quote Originally Posted by KottkeKU View Post
    Taking Bryant at no.5 would be even dumber than taking Bulaga at no.5...

nothing against you, because Bryant is a playmaker. But i know he is a headcase, just not the player Pioli is looking for. Plus, they re-signed Chris Chambers...and we have D.Bowe... it may not be what you want, but the Patriots suerbowl teams were notorious for being supposedly weak at WR...eventhough they had solid contributors across the board like we will

.... we also signed Jereme Urban, who i think will surprise alot of people, mark my words...
    I would disagree. Most teams have no problem choosing a WR with the #5 pick but none of them would pick a RT with that same pick. And Bulaga is a RT. Since this is a defensively deep draft, I wouldn't mind selecting a playmaker like this guy at #5. With him in there and some more O-lineman for depth (I believe we have our starting line in place), our offense could easily go top 10 next year. Bryant, Bowe, Chambers, Jones, Charles and Cassel!?!
    Great Googly Moogly

RyanD82 - Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by DC_Chiefsfan View Post
    I really wouldn't mind drafting Dez Bryant. He's a beast and I think would be an elite receiver within 2 years in the NFL.
    I was think that at one point but They've got Chris Chambers, and Dwayne Bowe is ont he rise IMO so WR is a very strong need in my eyes.

not gonna happen.

for good reason.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast