Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would you trade up with Tamp for Okung?

Default Would you trade up with Tamp for Okung?

If Okung was still there at 3, would you trade up with Tampa. The consensus is that they will take McCoy, and Washington is taking Okung or Trent Williams. Tamp would still get their guy and Kc could leap over Washington to get their desired guy.

Peronally, I would rather give up a 2nd for Gaither and draft where we stand, or trade back.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    If Okung was still there at 3, would you trade up with Tampa. The consensus is that they will take McCoy, and Washington is taking Okung or Trent Williams. Tamp would still get their guy and Kc could leap over Washington to get their desired guy.

Peronally, I would rather give up a 2nd for Gaither and draft where we stand, or trade back.
    If we can trade our 2nd for Gaither, we should trade our 2nd for Gaither. No matter happens in the draft.

And we'd be nuts to trade up. First, you'd be adding about $15M to the contract. Second, you be giving up badly needed draft picks. And third, Okung is very good, but he's not that much better than either Williams or Baluga.

I don't trade up for Okung. I like Okung and all, but I'm not giving up draft picks to get him. We have too many holes on the team.

If we are going OT and Okung is gone, Bulaga would be a great fit for out team. I actually think Pioli would lean more towards Bulaga than Okung anyways, given his friendship with Kirk Ferentz of the Iowa Hawkeyes, and how well he coaches OT's.

So my answer is no way in hell should we trade up to get Okung.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla Garilla View Post
    If we are going OT and Okung is gone, Bulaga would be a great fit for out team. I actually think Pioli would lean more towards Bulaga than Okung anyways, given his friendship with Kirk Ferentz of the Iowa Hawkeyes, and how well he coaches OT's.

So my answer is no way in hell should we trade up to get Okung.
    I know you're an Iowa fan, but I'd be pretty upset if both were available and we picked Bulaga over Okung. Bulaga is a technician and as well-coached as any OT prospect I can remember, but from a physical potential standpoint both Okung and Albert are superior. Much longer arms, stronger, more athletic.

Bulaga strikes me as a guy who will be a solid player, maybe even an elite RT, but I don't know if he has the potential to deal with the Dumervils of the league playing LT. I don't see him as a potential elite LT like I do Okung.

I think we should take Trent Williams if we are going to take a T if Okung is not there.

I wouldnt trade up. To me theres no one in the draft this year that would make us an contender right away for superbowls. And we have a few needs we need as many picks as we can get to fix them. So I would say no to tradeing up.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    I know you're an Iowa fan, but I'd be pretty upset if both were available and we picked Bulaga over Okung. Bulaga is a technician and as well-coached as any OT prospect I can remember, but from a physical potential standpoint both Okung and Albert are superior. Much longer arms, stronger, more athletic.

Bulaga strikes me as a guy who will be a solid player, maybe even an elite RT, but I don't know if he has the potential to deal with the Dumervils of the league playing LT. I don't see him as a potential elite LT like I do Okung.
    Yeah i know Okung and Albert are very much physically superior, but as far as technical skills go, Bulaga takes the cake. He is also an individual that fits in with the "Chiefs" way of doing things, by being a good player on and off the field, with not one character issue present. However, Like you said, I am an Iowa fan, so I my opinion are SLIGHTLY biased.

With those things in mind, that's why i say that Pioli will probably go Bulaga if given a choice. However I still want a playmaker on defense, and that is BERRY!!

Default berry projects out as a corner

Berry is not a true nfl safety. He is a bad tackler, weak run stuffer. He is a good corner. The Tennessee d line made Berry look better than he is. I believe he will fall out of the top 10 possibly the 3rd saftey taken. We will see if I am right.
    By no means should the chiefs draft Berry unless they trade picks with Seattle. At #14 Berry is a good value pic then you plug him in cards spot as corner. Then you may have the best corner back tandem in the nfl

The cost of trading up, we can not pay, we need all of our picks, but to get Suh? That would be interesting.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast