Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Draft Party @ Arrowhead Thursday -Tailgating?

Default Draft Party @ Arrowhead Thursday -Tailgating?

I'll be heading to Arrowhead Thursday to attend the Draft Day Party. Is anyone else from Chiefs Crowd attending the Draft Day this Thursday? Any tailgating going on before or after the Draft?

My friend Kelly, also a diehard Chiefs fan, is driving in from Wisconsin, will be working in KC next week, and also attending Draft Day...ready to tailgate and party!

I'm just not sure what to expect with Draft Day Party being on a Thursday evening, related to partying & tailgating, all that. Anyone??

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

I wish I was coming! I'll come on day!

Quote Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan View Post
    I wish I was coming! I'll come on day!
    I wish you were coming too! I'll pick you up some souvenir's while I'm there...they have many things they pass out to fans attending as momento's or souvenir's...and mail them to you.

I was hoping there might be some from Chiefs Crowd going, possibly do some tailgating. It's a bummer they changed it to a week night, instead of Saturday like it's always been in the past. Thursday is a work day & school night for the majority of fans, not as feasible or possible to attend.

Kelly's birthday is Draft Day, the 22nd...and this will be the first Draft Day Party he's had a chance to attend in all the years he's been a Chiefs fan. I hope for his benefit the Draft Party turn out is successful. It's alot more fun when there's a crowd of fans present.

I'm hoping Bobby Bell will be there too, he's attended several Draft Day's in the past.

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    I wish you were coming too! I'll pick you up some souvenir's while I'm there...they have many things they pass out to fans attending as momento's or souvenir's...and mail them to you.

I was hoping there might be some from Chiefs Crowd going, possibly do some tailgating. It's a bummer they changed it to a week night, instead of Saturday like it's always been in the past. Thursday is a work day & school night for the majority of fans, not as feasible or possible to attend.

Kelly's birthday is Draft Day, the 22nd...and this will be the first Draft Day Party he's had a chance to attend in all the years he's been a Chiefs fan. I hope for his benefit the Draft Party turn out is successful. It's alot more fun when there's a crowd of fans present.

I'm hoping Bobby Bell will be there too, he's attended several Draft Day's in the past.

.What's it cost to attend. What time does it start

Quote Originally Posted by kcred View Post
    .What's it cost to attend. What time does it start
    $15 in advance, $18 at the door...but sometimes radio stations, such as 101 have booths set up outside passing out coupons with discounts to bring it back down to $15. It's this Thursday beginning at 4 PM, not sure if that's what time doors open or the draft begins though, can't remember????

They have the info posted on one of their link pages at kcchiefs.com guess I should go there and look, hahaha. :)

Join the Chiefs for the 2010 NFL Draft

Join the Kansas City Chiefs at their annual Draft Day Party on Thursday, April 22nd at the Chiefs Indoor Practice Facility located at the Truman Sports Complex. This is your chance to meet and greet current and former Chiefs players, with special appearances by the Chiefs Cheerleaders and KC Wolf.

This year, the first round of the draft has moved into prime time on Thursday night.
    Doors will open at 4:00 PM with “Voice of the Chiefs” Mitch Holthus providing commentary along with Chiefs players and personalities throughout the evening. The draft begins at 6:30 p.m. (Central) live from New York, with the Chiefs scheduled to make the fifth overall selection in the draft. Don’t miss the excitement of the Chiefs 2010 Draft Day Party.

What: Chiefs 2010 Draft Day Party
    When: Thursday, April 22nd
    Time: Doors open at 4:00 PM, event kicks off at 4:30 PM & ends approx. one hour after the Chiefs pick.
    Location: Chiefs Indoor Practice Facility at the Truman Sports Complex
    Details: Guest appearances and autographs from current and former Chiefs players, Cheerleaders and KC Wolf; Commentary from “Voice of the Chiefs” Mitch Holthus and several Chiefs players and personalities.
    Tickets: $15 General Admission in advance or $18 at the door
    $85 Red Zone VIP seating
    $25 Reserved seating
    $10 kids under 12 years of age
    Kids 2 and under are free

Tickets are on sale now and are available at kcchiefs.com, by calling 800-745-3000, at all Ticketmaster outlets or the Arrowhead Stadium Box Office. Tickets sold through Ticketmaster are subject to a service charge.
    Red Zone VIP Tables: For those seeking VIP Treatment, we are offering exclusive reserved “Red Zone VIP Tables” to accommodate 10 guests in a prime location. You will have a reserved seat throughout the event as your wait staff takes care of your party’s food and drink needs. The price for these tables is $850 or individual spots can be purchased for $85 each and includes a complimentary buffet, three (3) complimentary drinks (water, soda or beer) and a Draft Day gift for each guest.
    Reserved Seating: The addition of reserved seating is new for 2010. You no longer have to wait for a seat to open up, if you reserve yours in advance. $25 includes a reserved seat for the duration of the event.
    Parking: All attendees will need to enter the Sports Complex via Gate 5 (off I-435) and park in Lot N.
    For More Information: Call (816) 920-4892.

The draft party in KC will be alot funner when we start winning like 12-13 games then we can enjoy it. What I mean when I say that is we pick 5th and only one round is gone through on the draft party day . After we pick you get the sense that they are trying to shut things down. they start cleaning up and working people towards the exits. So picking early in the first round actually shortens the draft party. It would be nice if we traded back for the people who are there . 15-18 bucks seems like alot for the short time you are there. Dont get me wrong I would love to be there. if it was on Saturday , I would be.

Yeah, I get what you're saying YZILLA. Kelly was thinking about tailgating in the parking lot starting around 1 PM, but shoot...I'm afraid he's gonna be disappointed...it's a work day for most.

I remembered you had posted a few weeks back you might attend, but I can understand why you would hesitate.

I would be there Connie for sure ! But I just started a new job and cannot be there on a work week. Otherwise you can bet your *** I would be there tailgating in the parking lot for sure ! Have fun though and soak it all in and take lots of pictures.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast