Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I despise Photobucket!!

Default I despise Photobucket!!

When I need to post pic's at websites of which I can't upload directly from my own PC...I go through Photobucket.

Well, ever since Turner bought out Photobucket a few years ago, they've turned it into a website of mass advertisements, pop-ups, clutter, confusion...all about profit. It's not user friendly AT ALL and hasn't been since selling out to Turner. It bogs my PC down with spyware/adware, I have to delete it everytime I access the Photobucket website. I HATE GOING THERE!

Whining complete now, haha...does any one know of another way to upload pics here of which I don't have to use Photobucket? I tried another host site, can't remember which one, but it was as bad as Photobucket.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by kcvet View Post
    yeah photobucket really sucks. ive been using tinyPic. its fast easy to use and resize's on the spot.

TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting
    Thanks! I'll check that one out too, I'm a bit mind tired today, but have made notes of all suggestions. Shoot, it takes me forever just to upload a pic, then it goes to an editing page, which I edit pics with my own program, don't need PB's...then I have to go to another page to get the URL to post. All the while pop ups are taking place interferring I have to close...then ad's all over, such a cluttered mess now!

It's bad Feng Shui, seriously it is...I go there calm, I leave frustrated and with a slight headache. It use to be very user friendly, simple, basic...which is all I need. I don't do all the other stuff, just need a photo host for use on websites I can't upload direct from my PC.

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

As far as the privacy issues regarding Picasa, I'm not sure. I always thought of it more as a feature for the program to find your pictures and add them to the Picasa program. I suppose you never know these days though. I just like it b/c once you have all your pics in a central location, you can easily upload them to Web Albums.

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    Thanks! I'll check that one out too, I'm a bit mind tired today, but have made notes of all suggestions. Shoot, it takes me forever just to upload a pic, then it goes to an editing page, which I edit pics with my own program, don't need PB's...then I have to go to another page to get the URL to post. All the while pop ups are taking place interferring I have to close...then ad's all over, such a cluttered mess now!

It's bad Feng Shui, seriously it is...I go there calm, I leave frustrated and with a slight headache. It use to be very user friendly, simple, basic...which is all I need. I don't do all the other stuff, just need a photo host for use on websites I can't upload direct from my PC.
    on tinypic just click "browse". that opens your PC. click the photo then click resize and upload. right click on the uploaded photo to properties. copy and paste into "insert image" here. done.
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Quote Originally Posted by kcvet View Post
    on tinypic just click "browse". that opens your PC. click the photo then click resize and upload. right click on the uploaded photo to properties. copy and paste into "insert image" here. done.
    My pics are re-sized prior to uploading though...they're all ready to go. All I need is a basic host to upload to a webpage, that's it...no re-sizing, editing, no nothing, haha. :)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12