Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I despise Photobucket!!

Default I despise Photobucket!!

When I need to post pic's at websites of which I can't upload directly from my own PC...I go through Photobucket.

Well, ever since Turner bought out Photobucket a few years ago, they've turned it into a website of mass advertisements, pop-ups, clutter, confusion...all about profit. It's not user friendly AT ALL and hasn't been since selling out to Turner. It bogs my PC down with spyware/adware, I have to delete it everytime I access the Photobucket website. I HATE GOING THERE!

Whining complete now, haha...does any one know of another way to upload pics here of which I don't have to use Photobucket? I tried another host site, can't remember which one, but it was as bad as Photobucket.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Flickr seems like a popular choice among people i know.

Welcome to Flickr - Photo Sharing

Thanks!! I'll check it out! :)

Heck, I even have pop up blockers, firewall, all that, but still have issues with Photobucket. :(

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    When I need to post pic's at websites of which I can't upload directly from my own PC...I go through Photobucket.

Well, ever since Turner bought out Photobucket a few years ago, they've turned it into a website of mass advertisements, pop-ups, clutter, confusion...all about profit. It's not user friendly AT ALL and hasn't been since selling out to Turner. It bogs my PC down with spyware/adware, I have to delete it everytime I access the Photobucket website. I HATE GOING THERE!

Whining complete now, haha...does any one know of another way to upload pics here of which I don't have to use Photobucket? I tried another host site, can't remember which one, but it was as bad as Photobucket.
    Try buying the Pro set up of photobucket. I use it for my family stuff and it works awsome no ads just the ability to upload my family photos and videos with little overhead to worry about.
    Chiefs Nation

Get Google Picasa and never look back Connie.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Get Google Picasa and never look back Connie.
    That is good advice for those who use it for still photos only. I do a great deal of video , looking this over I don't see it works with video.
    Chiefs Nation

Quote Originally Posted by endzonewillie View Post
    Try buying the Pro set up of photobucket. I use it for my family stuff and it works awsome no ads just the ability to upload my family photos and videos with little overhead to worry about.
    I did have the pro account and paid their annual fee up until about 3 years ago. However, due to many unforseen life transitions that brought about financial changes over the last 3 yrs, I can't really afford 'extras' like that now, otherwise I would upgrade to pro. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    I did have the pro account and paid their annual fee up until about 3 years ago. However, due to many unforseen life transitions that brought about financial changes over the last 3 yrs, I can't really afford 'extras' like that now, otherwise I would upgrade to pro. :)
    Totally understand about the money issue. That is why you see so many ads and have al the adware and such invading your PC from there. The google program that Ryfo18 is suggesting is a good way to cure the advertising situation but the set up did ask if the program could scan my entire PC for photos. I am skepticle when it comes to programs asking that question , otherwise it seems as though it will help you with your ordeal. Best of luck.
    Chiefs Nation

Quote Originally Posted by endzonewillie View Post
    Totally understand about the money issue. That is why you see so many ads and have al the adware and such invading your PC from there. The google program that Ryfo18 is suggesting is a good way to cure the advertising situation but the set up did ask if the program could scan my entire PC for photos. I am skepticle when it comes to programs asking that question , otherwise it seems as though it will help you with your ordeal. Best of luck.
    Thanks to all of you above for your help!

Yeah, I'm not sure about scanning my PC for photo's either. Not that I have anything bad, haha...just seems somewhat an invasion of privacy...family photo's, etc..

I mean I'm not poverty stricken, by the grace of God...but I do have to watch what I spend as far as extras, enterainment, that sort of stuff. I'd rather save my pennies for a Chiefs game ticket, lol. The pennies do add up! haha

yeah photobucket really sucks. ive been using tinyPic. its fast easy to use and resize's on the spot.

http://tinypic.com/
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast