Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: On th Clock: Kansas City Chiefs

Default On th Clock: Kansas City Chiefs

Mike Tirico, Trent Dilfer, Mel Kiper, and Chris Mortensen talk the Chiefs and their needs.

On The Clock: Kansas City Chiefs - ESPN Video - ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Yes he did, I won't name the busted players as you know them. If things don't dramatically improve this season, you can scratch Carr of your list. I am hoping Romeo can help, or maybe a pass rush, but Carr was the go to guy when the other teams needs a first down.

At this time, I am wondering if safety is a better fit for Carr.
    Lay off him, it's not his fault he had to play on the opposite side of one of the best corners in the league. Every QB who had a peanut for a brain was going after him. I think he's, at least, average, he just needs help at safety so he can be more aggressive.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    Lay off him, it's not his fault he had to play on the opposite side of one of the best corners in the league. Every QB who had a peanut for a brain was going after him. I think he's, at least, average, he just needs help at safety so he can be more aggressive.

I think the jury is still out on him. Give him a pass rush and he might look a lot better. Its a little early yet to give up on him IMO.

While I agree that not everything was within his control, and he was targeted alot, the fact remains that he was beaten often.

Were we not in such great need at so many other positions, I would definitely be looking for an upgrade at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    Meh.. I've been as hard as anyone on Carr for his play last season, but PFF actually rated him as the 24th best corner last year:

ProFootballFocus.com - By Position

The thing is he had the 3rd most snaps in the league among CBs, which is just ridiculous. He was probably exhausted most of the time he gave up big plays because we had a non-existent pass rush and our corners had to cover longer than they should. Being thrown towards 84 times and giving up 47 catches doesn't seem that bad when he has to cover for a longer duration than most corners in the league.

So for me at least, CB2 is not a perceived need anymore. Depth at CB certainly is, however.
    I don't care what someone else rates him. I know what I saw and I can say he is not rated in the top 30 corners, unless you are talking about tackles.

I like Carr and I am not bashing him and hope things change. Fact of the matter, he was beat often but not beat BAD often. He was a target. I am hoping an overall improved Defense and Romeo can fix this. If Not, I think they should try him at safety. I think he is a good talent that may be better suited facing the QB. He is a pretty good tackler and would help in run support. I think he would have been tons better than Brown last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    I won't argue against this. I just found myself making these same excuses for many players over the years, and often found that they were just excuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I don't care what someone else rates him. I know what I saw and I can say he is not rated in the top 30 corners, unless you are talking about tackles.

I like Carr and I am not bashing him and hope things change. Fact of the matter, he was beat often but not beat BAD often. He was a target. I am hoping an overall improved Defense and Romeo can fix this. If Not, I think they should try him at safety. I think he is a good talent that may be better suited facing the QB. He is a pretty good tackler and would help in run support. I think he would have been tons better than Brown last year.
    I don't think the not top 30 is justified. Do you really watch every other team's corners that you can say that. It's tough to be a good corner when the QB has all day to throw.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    I don't think the not top 30 is justified. Do you really watch every other team's corners that you can say that. It's tough to be a good corner when the QB has all day to throw.
    No I don't but that also has something to with why teams picked on him.. I do not think he is a #1 corner, which should push him out of the top 30. Granted he may be a #1 corner on some other pathetic defensive team. I don't know that for a fact and won't even bother disputing it, as it would be a waste of everyone's time.

I like Carr... Better than I ever did Eric Warfield, but right now, I can't distinguish that big of a difference between the two.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12