Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: On th Clock: Kansas City Chiefs

Default On th Clock: Kansas City Chiefs

Mike Tirico, Trent Dilfer, Mel Kiper, and Chris Mortensen talk the Chiefs and their needs.

On The Clock: Kansas City Chiefs - ESPN Video - ESPN

Trent Dilfer ticked me off at first. Mel Kiper says Eric Berry. He was the ONLY person on the planet last year that picked us taking Tyson Jackson...
    Resident Ambassador!

Quote Originally Posted by KCINNYC View Post
    Trent Dilfer ticked me off at first. Mel Kiper says Eric Berry. He was the ONLY person on the planet last year that picked us taking Tyson Jackson...
    Yeah he wasn't nice...The thing is, he's right though. The defense HAS been horrendous the last few years. The transition to the 3-4 wasn't easy, nor was it successful in year 1. Just the wrong personnel really. I see them taking a healthy share of defensive players early though.

Quote Originally Posted by KCINNYC View Post
    He kinda started the ball rolling on that about about 3-4 days before the draft, and everybody else kinda followed suit.

And sadly Dilfer was correct, our defense is horribly slow (mostly the LBs IMO)

As much as I hate to agree with what Trent Said look at the numbers and they tell you that hes right. Our D has been bad as a whole even with a "defensive" coach. Things are going to start to get better. Dorsey and Jackson are both growing as players I think we are going to see a much better year this season.

Man I loved what Herm Edwards did to this team (Sarcasm). He ignored the offense while rebuilding his Tampa 2 Defense that still stinks... which in the long run killed the entire team.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Man I loved what Herm Edwards did to this team (Sarcasm). He ignored the offense while rebuilding his Tampa 2 Defense that still stinks... which in the long run killed the entire team.
    The thing about his rebuilding is he put in the tampa 2 without haveing the players to fit that system. IMO thats just not how you build a team you see the players you have and then put in the system not the other way around. But hes gone now and my football stress level has gone down greatly.

Herm did draft Hali, Flowers, Charles, and Carr though.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    Herm did draft Hali, Flowers, Charles, and Carr though.
    Yes he did, I won't name the busted players as you know them. If things don't dramatically improve this season, you can scratch Carr of your list. I am hoping Romeo can help, or maybe a pass rush, but Carr was the go to guy when the other teams needs a first down.

At this time, I am wondering if safety is a better fit for Carr.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Yes he did, I won't name the busted players as you know them. If things don't dramatically improve this season, you can scratch Carr of your list. I am hoping Romeo can help, or maybe a pass rush, but Carr was the go to guy when the other teams needs a first down.

At this time, I am wondering if safety is a better fit for Carr.
    Meh.. I've been as hard as anyone on Carr for his play last season, but PFF actually rated him as the 24th best corner last year:

ProFootballFocus.com - By Position

The thing is he had the 3rd most snaps in the league among CBs, which is just ridiculous. He was probably exhausted most of the time he gave up big plays because we had a non-existent pass rush and our corners had to cover longer than they should. Being thrown towards 84 times and giving up 47 catches doesn't seem that bad when he has to cover for a longer duration than most corners in the league.

So for me at least, CB2 is not a perceived need anymore. Depth at CB certainly is, however.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast