Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Final Mock***Chiefs trade #5 to Eagles for (Please make this happen Football Gods!!!)

Default Final Mock***Chiefs trade #5 to Eagles for (Please make this happen Football Gods!!!)

***Chiefs trade #5 to Eagles for #24, #55, #70 & #105***

I have been hearing that the Eagles desperately want to trade up for Berry & I doubt that all their draft picks will make their team anyway. So they work out a trade with us that allows them to get Berry & keep their high 2nd rounder, while allowing us to stock up on valuable low 2nd to high 4th rounders. I realize that this will not work out in our favor in the point value chart, but the value chart is outdated & nobody uses it anymore anyway. I believe this works out nicely for both teams. Here is how Philly's draft looks after the trade - #5, #37, #87, #121, #137, #200, #243 & #244...

***Chiefs trade DJ & #55 to the Saints for #32 & #239***

The Saints trade Brown & a 3rd to the Cowboys for # 27 allowing them to trade down for DJ, who will likely immediately become a successful starter in their ball-hawking Defense. The Chiefs develop a secret Man-crush on Gresham & do not think he will get past the Rams at #33, so they move up & snag him without losing any valuable extra draft picks.

***Chiefs Draft***

#24 DE/OLB Jerry Hughes (TCU)

Pouncy would have been a serious consideration here, but the Donkeys trade down several spots & snag him, making this man-beast a no brainer here.

#32 TE Germaine Gresham (Oklahoma)

While I will not say that Gresham will be our next Gonzo, he should make it a bit easier watching Tony finish his career w the dirty birds. Jermaine should step into our starting TE spot & provides a quality target for Cassel for years to come.

#36 WR Golden Tate (ND)

Out of Hughes, Gresham & Tate, Golden has the best shot at dropping to us at #36 IMO. Tate should win the starting slot spot right away & has the potential to be a solid #2 down the road, the fact that he can help out in the return game as well is a added bonus.

#50 NT Torrel Troup (Central Florida)

While this might be a bit high for Troup, I just can't see him dropping to our 3rd rounder because of the high demand & I have him as the 3rd best NT on my board.

#69 ILB Brandon Spikes (Florida)

Was a huge play-maker for the Gators despite the fact that he runs a ridiculously slow 40 in shorts. Provides us w the thumper type LB we need.

#70 ILB Jamar Chaney (Mississippi)

After just adding a thumper ILB we add a athletic play-making ILB who should be able to contribute on passing downs in coverage & blitzing etc. Chaney should complete what looks to be a solid & deep youthful LB core.

#102 OG Marshal Newhouse (TCU)

A big physical Guard that ran a 5.0 40, just might be the replacement at LG for Waters after he leaves in a year or two & provides solid depth at both Guard spots in the meantime.

#105 OC Eric Olson (ND)

Weis gets another one of his guy's, providing solid insurance & the probable future replacement behind Casey.

#136 DE Author Jones (Syracuse)

Not really a need at all, but he has 1st round talent & likely would have been drafted by the mid 2nd at worst before his injury. Pioli just can't pass on this value here & extra D-Line depth can never be a bad thing in Pioli's eyes.

#142 RB Joique Bell (Wayne St))

I still have a huge man-crush on this kid & he will be the probable replacement for Jones in the future.

#144 CB/FS Myron Lewis (Vanderbilt)

Big, fast & versatile fits what Pioli likes & he should compete for the nickle spot right away.

#239 SS/FS Harry Coleman (LSU)

Good value for solid depth at both SS & FS.

What do you guys think?

to far fetched and dont know most of them

Well, I don't follow NCAA football, know little about the Draft overall, except the Draft Day party at Arrowhead is usually fun, lol. That said, I don't like the thought of trading DJ...and I want to see the Chiefs draft Berry. :)

For the record, I think DJ will become more beneficial to our team each season. I think one of the key's to a team winning consistently is to get the players who will get the job done [within reasonable time allowed for trial & error if Rookies]...then keep those players, don't trade them off, whatever. It harms a team when too many changes are made, players are interlocked when playing together longer...they work together like clockwork without having to think twice, it comes naturally when you've been playing together for a while. Too many critical errors were made under King P trading players that we needed to win...IE: Jared Allen
    Last edited by Connie Jo; 04-18-2010 at 11:24 PM.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

I hope you meant King Carl.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    I hope you meant King Carl.
    No, I meant King 'P'...that's what I prefer to call him, haha...sound it out.

PS Edit: I'm still mad at him you see, so he's King 'P' to me. Hey! That rhymed! I'm a poet and didn't even know it! hahaha
    Last edited by Connie Jo; 04-18-2010 at 11:47 PM.

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

No reason to be made. A Kingdom isn't built in a day, or even a year.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    No reason to be made. A Kingdom isn't built in a day, or even a year.
    Huh? Are we on the same train of thought here? hahaha I'm not referring to Pioli as being King 'P', lol. I'm referring to your King Carl as being King 'P', as in the first initial of his last name, hahaha. Sound it out...aka 'King PEE'...as in poop and pee.

I love Pioli...so far!
    Last edited by Connie Jo; 04-19-2010 at 12:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    Huh? Are we on the same train of thought here? hahaha I'm not referring to Pioli as being King 'P', lol. I'm referring to your King Carl as being King 'P', as in the first initial of his last name, hahaha. Sound it out...aka 'King PEE'...as in poop and pee.

I love Pioli...so far!

Rep for that. I don't know why that was so funny I guess it just struck right.. haha nice one CJ.

Resident Celebrity

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    Well, I don't follow NCAA football, know little about the Draft overall, except the Draft Day party at Arrowhead is usually fun, lol. That said, I don't like the thought of trading DJ...and I want to see the Chiefs draft Berry. :)

For the record, I think DJ will become more beneficial to our team each season. I think one of the key's to a team winning consistently is to get the players who will get the job done [within reasonable time allowed for trial & error if Rookies]...then keep those players, don't trade them off, whatever. It harms a team when too many changes are made, players are interlocked when playing together longer...they work together like clockwork without having to think twice, it comes naturally when you've been playing together for a while. Too many critical errors were made under King P trading players that we needed to win...IE: Jared Allen
    I hear you, I really want us to draft Dan Williams, but getting 3 picks to trade down would prove to temping for Pioli. IIRC Pioli has stated that he does not believe in drafting safety's this high as well.

As far as trading DJ goes, I am not thrilled w trading him either, but I believe he agreed to a 1 year tender, so if I am not mistaken he may be able to leave after this season for nothing. It might be best to get something for him while we can.

Quote Originally Posted by stricken721 View Post

Rep for that. I don't know why that was so funny I guess it just struck right.. haha nice one CJ.

Well heck, I didn't know how else to explain it...I could've said as in 'urine', but that sounded a bit too vulgar, hahaha. I don't despise the guy, just am still a bit mad at him for trading too many valuable proven players over the last few yrs...Jared, TRich, Fujita...& he initiated the controversy with Tony leading to his wanting out of KC. Most of those trades were related to ego and profit first, not winning.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast