Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So You Guys Still Want Cody???

Default So You Guys Still Want Cody???

Will Alabama's Cody be a mountain of a bust? - JSOnline

"He's a big, fat blob," an NFC personnel man said. "He's a big media creation. If you want a guy to play 10 plays a game and make maybe one play in those 10, then that's your guy. He can't move. He just stands there. He cannot move at all."

Just how slow is Cody's 5.66-second clocking in the 40-yard dash? You can't find a slower drafted defensive tackle in the last 20 years. The closest were Corey Swinson (seventh round, 1995) at 5.62, and Tim Roberts (fifth round, 1992) and Ron Brace (second round, 2009) at 5.51."
    speak on it

Most Bama fans I've seen online say that whoever drafts him will have to have something in that contract about weight and keeping it low. 40 time really doesn't factor in? How about explosion off the snap, pursuit, getting upfield?? Also been noted that this guy's technique is CRAP and his lateral movement is the worse.

yeah I definately pass... any player who gets the "lazy" stamp in college is a sure pass for me... They havent earned their contract yet... so they should be playing their *** off. Not to mention how much harder he is going to have to work to be effective in the NFL. I dont care if he is big... with no technique NFL OL will handle him easily.

I like Cam Thomas... even Troup. And I think Tate is a very real possibility at 2a. Maybe even Jerry Hughes.

I've never been a Cody fan, however if he can be picked up in the third I think we should take him if we don't have a NT drafted before. He could be a horse against those third and short runs, but not a full starting NT. I'm not really concerned about his slow 40. I agree he should have something in his contract about his weight..........Its possible though that he will fit up some and become very good, some players it takes longer to get that done (say loose the baby fat) but if that happens it would take a couple years for him to get his strength back.

What round is everyone talking about? I would draft him if he fell to a 4th or 5th.

He wouldn't get that big contract that Ryan Sims got and can't retire based on his college play. He will need to work to get a new contract. It may be worth the risk last in the draft if he falls that far.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I have never realy wanted Cody I was more hopeing with 2a that we take Golden Tate. I think that in 3 to 4 years Cody could be a solid NFL player. I dont think he will ever be a star I think bust is more likely then that. I will pass as well.
    I completely agree. I would love Tate at this pick for sure. We need that slot reciever with some speed and he has already learned under Wiess. With the 2B pick if would be great to find line backer or o line and possible NT, but not Cody.

Quote Originally Posted by buffman316 View Post
    I completely agree. I would love Tate at this pick for sure. We need that slot reciever with some speed and he has already learned under Wiess. With the 2B pick if would be great to find line backer or o line and possible NT, but not Cody.
    Count me in on this as well.

Tate would be a perfect blend of need, talent, value, and immediate contribution.

I would rather have him than Decker or Benn, purely because he could contribute so quickly. I've never thought of it before, but if you don't get production out of your players right away, that 5 year contract is really a three year contract. That sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by buffman316 View Post
    I wouldn't mind to have Tate, but I almost think the bigger need is a burner that can beat people down field. Bowe would be a more ideal slot receiver.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12