Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So You Guys Still Want Cody???

Default So You Guys Still Want Cody???

Will Alabama's Cody be a mountain of a bust? - JSOnline

"He's a big, fat blob," an NFC personnel man said. "He's a big media creation. If you want a guy to play 10 plays a game and make maybe one play in those 10, then that's your guy. He can't move. He just stands there. He cannot move at all."

Just how slow is Cody's 5.66-second clocking in the 40-yard dash? You can't find a slower drafted defensive tackle in the last 20 years. The closest were Corey Swinson (seventh round, 1995) at 5.62, and Tim Roberts (fifth round, 1992) and Ron Brace (second round, 2009) at 5.51."
    speak on it

Quote Originally Posted by lucky_lefty View Post
    Just ask Cincy about their 1st pick last year - Andre Smith - another fat slob that can't stay healthy enough to do squat. I'll pass on Cody...
    SHUT IT

I'm not a huge Cody fan (and I kind of agree with him being lazy at times), but his 40 time shouldn't disqualify him from consideration. I never thought 40 times were all that useful for evaluating interior defensive lineman, especially for the NT. For receivers, defensive backs, running backs, even linebackers, yes, definitely look at the 40. But the job of a good NT is to occupy two blockers on the line, that's pretty much it--not to run 40 yards anywhere. It's nice if they can get to the QB once in a while but that isn't even all that important. Just my thoughts...

Quote Originally Posted by Addison View Post
    I'm not a huge Cody fan (and I kind of agree with him being lazy at times), but his 40 time shouldn't disqualify him from consideration. I never thought 40 times were all that useful for evaluating interior defensive lineman, especially for the NT. For receivers, defensive backs, running backs, even linebackers, yes, definitely look at the 40. But the job of a good NT is to occupy two blockers on the line, that's pretty much it--not to run 40 yards anywhere. It's nice if they can get to the QB once in a while but that isn't even all that important. Just my thoughts...
    Good 1st post and welcome to the Crowd!
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Addison View Post
    welcome to the crowd.

I have never realy wanted Cody I was more hopeing with 2a that we take Golden Tate. I think that in 3 to 4 years Cody could be a solid NFL player. I dont think he will ever be a star I think bust is more likely then that. I will pass as well.

i hate cody he makes ryan sims look awsome

I don't hate Cody..because I love his size at the NT position ( i guess i hate everything else). That being said, I think I'd rather take a chance on a Cam Thomas (UNC) or a Linval Joseph (ECU)

Yeah im not that high on Cody either.

Cam Thomas, Linval Jospeh or Torell Troup for that matter, would be a better pick somewhere in the lower rounds..
    I just think Cody is too big of a gamble, but he could work out..

I think it's hard to decide to trust him with his playing, when he is such a heavy guy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast