Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crazy idea...

Default Crazy idea...

This may just be some sort of pre-draft delusional state I'm in but I just got an idea.

If he's available with one of our 2nd round picks, how bout drafting Tim Tebow?

I know, I know, I know...Cassel's the guy and this pick would basically be a waste. But look at the recent success of quarterbacks that have had 2+ years to sit and learn how to be an NFL QB. Aaron Rodgers, now Kevin Kobb? I'm sure there's others...(Rich Gannon? lol) All I'm sayin is that if Cassel just doesn't seem to be "the guy" in a couple years, how bout having Tebow ready in waiting? And I can't think of a better QB guru offensive coordinator in Charlie Weis for him to learn under.

I know this is like a 1 in 1,000,000 chance but its just an idea we could discuss. Plus I really don't like the idea of Tebow lurking on another AFC west team like Oakland or Denver.

First off, teams that have a winning record or a strong foundation can worry about using early picks on development QB's. Green Bay did it when they had a winning record and plenty of core players. We cannot waste a 2nd rounder on Tebow when we need 9 new starters on D.(sarcasm) But we have a ton of needs to help the defense and a developmental QB with one of our 5ths is 100% ok. We need a LB, DT, S, WR, OL, TE, before we worry about a QB. I'm not a Tebow fan but I won't be surprised if he does eventually start in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by cjsfw2 View Post
    This may just be some sort of pre-draft delusional state I'm in but I just got an idea.

I know, I know, I know...Cassel's the guy and this pick would basically be a waste. But look at the recent success of quarterbacks that have had 2+ years to sit and learn how to be an NFL QB. Aaron Rodgers, now Kevin Kobb? I'm sure there's others...(Rich Gannon? lol) All I'm sayin is that if Cassel just doesn't seem to be "the guy" in a couple years, how bout having Tebow ready in waiting? And I can't think of a better QB guru offensive coordinator in Charlie Weis for him to learn under.

I know this is like a 1 in 1,000,000 chance but its just an idea we could discuss. Plus I really don't like the idea of Tebow lurking on another AFC west team like Oakland or Denver.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yg2u_De8j5o"]YouTube- NO!![/ame]
    Chiefs in 2011

I like Tebow and I think he will eventually be a winning QB in the NFL, but I don't think we need to be using a 2nd or 3rd round pick on him for the simple fact that we have more glaring needs than a quarterback. If he somehow slips to the 5th round (which I don't think he will), I'd definitely go for it. Tebow's gonna win games in the NFL, for whoever it is that ends up taking him...unless its the Raiders haha

You're right.. that is crazy.

Resident Celebrity

Quote Originally Posted by Vandelay View Post
    Hahahahahahahahaha!!

I know its crazy. I should probably be put in a mental hospital for even mentioning it.

Hahahahahahahahaha!!

I know its crazy. I should probably be put in a mental hospital for even mentioning it.
    No way dude. You would only be put in there is you said we should take a punter.

Resident Celebrity

Quote Originally Posted by 70 chiefsfan70 View Post

I think Tebow is very underated!

never heard that before

the only way tebow is successful in this league is if he sits for at least 3 years and is on a well established winning franchize

Quote Originally Posted by whatwasthat? View Post
    never heard that before

the only way tebow is successful in this league is if he sits for at least 3 years and is on a well established winning franchize
    ..and learns how to throw.

Resident Celebrity

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12