Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crazy idea...

Default Crazy idea...

This may just be some sort of pre-draft delusional state I'm in but I just got an idea.

If he's available with one of our 2nd round picks, how bout drafting Tim Tebow?

I know, I know, I know...Cassel's the guy and this pick would basically be a waste. But look at the recent success of quarterbacks that have had 2+ years to sit and learn how to be an NFL QB. Aaron Rodgers, now Kevin Kobb? I'm sure there's others...(Rich Gannon? lol) All I'm sayin is that if Cassel just doesn't seem to be "the guy" in a couple years, how bout having Tebow ready in waiting? And I can't think of a better QB guru offensive coordinator in Charlie Weis for him to learn under.

I know this is like a 1 in 1,000,000 chance but its just an idea we could discuss. Plus I really don't like the idea of Tebow lurking on another AFC west team like Oakland or Denver.

Quote Originally Posted by cjsfw2 View Post
    This may just be some sort of pre-draft delusional state I'm in but I just got an idea.

I know, I know, I know...Cassel's the guy and this pick would basically be a waste. But look at the recent success of quarterbacks that have had 2+ years to sit and learn how to be an NFL QB. Aaron Rodgers, now Kevin Kobb? I'm sure there's others...(Rich Gannon? lol) All I'm sayin is that if Cassel just doesn't seem to be "the guy" in a couple years, how bout having Tebow ready in waiting? And I can't think of a better QB guru offensive coordinator in Charlie Weis for him to learn under.

I know this is like a 1 in 1,000,000 chance but its just an idea we could discuss. Plus I really don't like the idea of Tebow lurking on another AFC west team like Oakland or Denver.
    Let Tebow rot on a Oakland or Denver roster. I've never liked him as a QB. I can still remember the first time I saw him at Florida when they all but had two QB's and whenever a pass needed to be made Tebow was NEVER the one throwing it. Granted he's matured as a player at QB but to me he's weak backup QB or 3rd in the NFL.

If anything I'd say try him out as a TE and see how he works out. After all QB's are supposed to have the best hands...

I like Cassel,but don't think he will ever win a super bowl, I do think he will be much better this year. I do hope we draft a QB sometime in this draft.

I think Tebow will be a very good if not great starting QB some day, just not for the chiefs, we need to use our second and third round picks on much more needed positions and maybe pick a qb in the fifth. just my 2 cents.

I think Tebow is very underated!

Drunk Jerry Jones says, NO TEBOW.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDOuwaeV6Qk"]YouTube- Slurring Jerry Jones Bad-Mouths Bill Parcells, Tim Tebow - Jerry Jones - Deadspin[/ame]

Quote Originally Posted by cjsfw2 View Post

I wouldn't waste a 2nd on him. No way no how... He might be worth bringing in as a UFA if he fails to get drafted, but I would rather resign Tyler Thigpen before going that route.

I bet he ends up in Jacksonville, just to help sell tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I wouldn't waste a 2nd on him. No way no how... He might be worth bringing in as a UFA if he fails to get drafted, but I would rather resign Tyler Thigpen before going that route.

I bet he ends up in Jacksonville, just to help sell tickets.
    Yeah, I don't know whether Cassel will ever lead us to a SB, but I can guarentee Tebow is leading absolutely no one to a SB. He just isn't a NFL QB.

I agree Jacksonville picks him. Weaver is basically trading his 2nd round pick for millions of dollars, fan happiness, and a guy to hold a clipboard.

I think that Tebow might surprise a lot of people and be a good qb in the nfl. I just see something in him i dont no what. He loves the game of football and you no that he will do everything that he can to lead a football team to a superbowl.

that being said NO to drafting him. Simply put Cassle is at least good enough that we don't need to look at a qb draft this year. We have far to many needs to take a flyer on a guy that no one nos what your going to get so No for me.

I agree with all you guys that I 100% DON'T want us to draft him, especially at the level of pick we'd have to give up.

That being said, I can't say that I wouldn't want him on our team. The guy has the mentality your looking for and the work ethic you love. All I know is that the Chiefs worked him out so there has to be at least the thought of drafting him going around arrowhead. Hopefully it won't happen, I'm just not going to be 100% shocked if we pull something like that - only 99%.

I'd rather take Snead in the 4th round than draft Tebow..

Remember Snead was projected to be the 1st QB taken this year (before the season began)...but sucked it up and decided to declare anyways.

Well I have seen Mocks with us taking Skeleton who alot of people think is a sleeper.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast