Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Who *don't* you want?

Default Who *don't* you want?

By this, I mean a (likely) player who it would pi$$ you off if his name were called tomorrow at #5?

My choice: McClain

He's an excellent player, but we're basically giving up on the season if we don't pick a LT, NT, or even Berry in the 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by bwilliams View Post
    Hey, I love our team. Especially given our exceptionally great schedule in 2010. And I'm not exactly a Berry fan, but I would understand the high pick.

But we need OL and a NT more than anything in 2010 if we're planning to be a playoff team. An ILB won't do us much good.
    I remember a few years back, ray lewis was complaining that the Ravens didn't have a true nose tackle. He was getting taken out of plays, because there was no space eater to occupy blockers.

they drafted Ngata not long after (I think that very draft) and Lewis' play resumed it's all-pro level.

I totally agree we need a nose tackle. If that's Dorsey, terrific. If it's Dan Williams, I hope we traded down.

If it's cody, god help us. They need to put in a city-wide restaurant ban on Cody, like they did with SHerron Collins in Lawrence. take out an ad in the newspaper asking restaurants not to overserve him.

I read that Bulaga's stock has been dropping big time...I don't think (at least I hope) that they don't take him at #5.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    And taking a safety at 5 is better than taking an LB, how... McClain is a rediculous athlete which is why his stock rose.
    I have heard multiple analysts say that McClain takes plays off. Whatever that's worth, it would certainly give me pause.

You just can't go wrong with Eric Berry. How we DON"T draft him I just still don't see.
    Resident Ambassador!

Quote Originally Posted by KCINNYC View Post
    You just can't go wrong with Eric Berry. How we DON"T draft him I just still don't see.
    I wonder if a pick has ever been read wrong. That or I'd love to see something like we pick Tim Tebow edit: just kidding we'd never take Tebow in a million years, our real pick is ...

Four hrs til the draft!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KCINNYC View Post
    You just can't go wrong with Aaron Curry. How we DON"T draft him I just still don't see.
    Fixed.

Thanks Aussie!

Mount Fat### Cody

Quote Originally Posted by bwilliams View Post
    By this, I mean a (likely) player who it would pi$$ you off if his name were called tomorrow at #5?

My choice: McClain

He's an excellent player, but we're basically giving up on the season if we don't pick a LT, NT, or even Berry in the 1st.
    The only 1st rd pick that would really set us back would be taking a QB. Shortly after that, would be RB.

This team is awful on defense and protecting the QB/run blocking. All the focus in the first 3 rounds needs to be on those positions.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345