Thread: My FINAL CHIEFS Mock

Default My FINAL CHIEFS Mock

If you've read my previous mocks, you know that I'm picking as if I were the one doing the drafting... not what I think the Chiefs will do.

So, here we go:

Chiefs trade #5 (1st) to San Francisco for #13 (1st) and #17 (1st).

Trade #102 (4th) and #146 (5c) to the Falcons for #83 (3rd)

#13-ILB Rolando McClain
    In my last mock, I said I had soured on him because he reportedly had Crohns. Come to find out, he doesn't have the disease. So, my pick is back to McClain... whether we get him at #13 or at #5.

#17-NT Dan Williams
    The Chiefs need a permanent answer at NT. Obvious choice here.

#36-WR Golden Tate
    The Chiefs need a slot receiver and a kick returner. This is Weis' guy.

#50-TE Rob Gradkowski/OG Vladimire Ducasse
    If I knew more about Cottam, this pick could be different. If Cottam is capable of getting over his injury and playing at his full potential, I still think he's a true starter at TE. If not, Gradkowski is the pick. If Cottam is viewed as the primary starter, I'm going with an interior mauler like Ducasse. At some point we need to start thinkin about backing up Brian Waters. Between Waters, Lilja, Weigman, Niswanger, and Ducasse, we should be fine on the interior.

#62-ILB Brandon Spikes
    Undoubtedly my least popular pick. I'm kinda going with my heart with this pick. In my head, I'm moving DJ outside with Hali and leaving McClain and Spikes inside. Spikes and McClain teamed up for the long-term would be SICK!! This defense would no longer lack leadership... that's for sure.

#83-S Myron Rolle
    The Chiefs need Safety help and a 3rd round pick on a guy who's the smartest in the draft and who would've probably been a late first round pick last season if he hadn't skipped it, would be a GREAT value pick here.

#136-QB Jevon Snead
    After a poor Junior season, Snead STILL declared for the draft. I think it was a poor decision for him, but a great decision for the Chiefs' chances at landing him. He went into 2009 as a contender to be the first QB taken in 2010. He played in a pro system in college and could be a GREAT sleeper pick for the Chiefs. Since the Chiefs already have a "franchise QB" there is no need to rush him to be a starter. I think you could groom this guy like an Aaron Rogers or a Kevin Kolb or even a Matt Shaub. This pick would be a MAJOR coup for the Chiefs if they could land him in the 5th round. We already know Pioli is looking at QBs. We also know he prides himself on finding late round QBs. Taking Snead in the 5th isn't out of the question if he's still available. The problem with picking here is that I think the Steelers will draft him before the 5th. Here's hoping he slides to the 5th.

#142-RB LaGarrett Blount
    The Chiefs signed Thomas Jones, but he's aging and won't be a long-term solution. This is a fifth round gamble on a player who was projected to be a first round pick before character issues became relevant. The NFL has seemed to require a change of pace in the backfield. Currently, the Chiefs have the lightning... Blount would bring the Thunder. Another player the Chiefs had interest in at the Senior Bowl.

Well, there you go. My last mock for about 7 months.

Pioli won't take an ILB at 5 (or a safety) so we'd have to trade down do get him...
    Dan Williams will be long gone by 17 - I don't see him falling out of the top 10...
    I love Myron Rolle at 83...
    Last edited by Bike; 04-22-2010 at 07:16 AM.
    SHUT IT

Waxahachie, TX via Broken Arrow, OK via McLouth, KS

I would still trade our #5 for 2 1st rounders!

Quote Originally Posted by jtandcrew View Post
    I would still trade our #5 for 2 1st rounders!
    Absolutely...
    SHUT IT

I love it, hope it works out! I don't see the niners parting with there picks... but it looks good on paper.

BERRY
    BERRY
    BERRY
    BERRY!

I have a good feeling either way tonight will be a great night.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>