Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Positional value

Default Positional value

Honestly I am kind of tired about hearing about postional value. I just want someone that can come in and play. I feel that we do not need Okung because Albert CAN plat LT maybe he is not the best LT but at least give him another year now that we got some other help on the o line. Everyone says they dont want to spend that much on a safety and I am not all for Eric Berry because I really like Myron Rolle and think we can get him as a value pick in later rounds but I just am kinda tired about hearing how something is positional value I don't care if we took a safety with the number one overall pick as long as that player came in and made the team better. Hell if there was a kicker who could make 70 yard FG against the wind blowing 50 miles in thier face I would take them at number one. I just want someone that can help us win !

I tend to agree if theres a guy out there who you think can help and thats your biggest need why not go for it. The reason I have not been all for Berry is that safety is not the biggest need on this team. We have bigger needs and I would like to see us work on those first. The only thing i will say is that its probley a waste pick to draft a kicker number 1 overall. Thats the one exception but overall i would agree.

The only player that makes sense at number 5 is Eric Berry. Everyone else that fills a need i.e. Dan Williams, Bulaga etc. will be available so I have to say, with a deep draft, the BEST thing to do is trade down for more picks.
    Last edited by KCINNYC; 04-16-2010 at 02:14 PM.
    Resident Ambassador!

Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppachief View Post
    Honestly I am kind of tired about hearing about postional value. I just want someone that can come in and play. I feel that we do not need Okung because Albert CAN plat LT maybe he is not the best LT but at least give him another year now that we got some other help on the o line. Everyone says they dont want to spend that much on a safety and I am not all for Eric Berry because I really like Myron Rolle and think we can get him as a value pick in later rounds but I just am kinda tired about hearing how something is positional value I don't care if we took a safety with the number one overall pick as long as that player came in and made the team better. Hell if there was a kicker who could make 70 yard FG against the wind blowing 50 miles in thier face I would take them at number one. I just want someone that can help us win !
    This is a pretty deep draft for safeties. I love Myron Rolle. If he can dedicate himself to just playing football, he will be a playmaker for years to come for some lucky team - hopefully us...
    SHUT IT

I'm crossing my fingers and praying that we get a trade worked out with:

Cleveland
    Buffalo
    or one of the teams from pick 6-13

Why would think Albert is going to be a great LT?

He was drafted as a guard and I think he better well play at the dam guard spot. LT takes alot of skill, why do you think its hard to find a great one?
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post

He was drafted as a guard and I think he better well play at the dam guard spot. LT takes alot of skill, why do you think its hard to find a great one?

Albert was drafted as a LT. The idea from the beginning is that he would play LT in the pros. The only reason he played LG at Virginia is that another guy, by the name of Eugene Monroe, was playing LT. Albert is the right size for a LT (compare his measurables to any LT), and still hasn't had a full year of the "system" under his belt. With Weis in the building, I believe Albert will really develop and be a great LT this year. He's slimmed down (and still a big LT), he's big, he's strong. He is ideal for a zone blocking scheme.

With that said, drafting a LT with the fifth overall would be unwise in my opinion. I want to see a playmaker. Either a safety, wr or pass rusher.
    Great Googly Moogly

RyanD82 - Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by DC_Chiefsfan View Post
    Albert was drafted as a LT. The idea from the beginning is that he would play LT in the pros. The only reason he played LG at Virginia is that another guy, by the name of Eugene Monroe, was playing LT. Albert is the right size for a LT (compare his measurables to any LT), and still hasn't had a full year of the "system" under his belt. With Weis in the building, I believe Albert will really develop and be a great LT this year. He's slimmed down (and still a big LT), he's big, he's strong. He is ideal for a zone blocking scheme.

With that said, drafting a LT with the fifth overall would be unwise in my opinion. I want to see a playmaker. Either a safety, wr or pass rusher.
    If we drafted Berry at 5, He would be making 10 mil more than the current highest paid safety in the league. Doesn't make economical sense to a rebuilding team to me. Build the lines first.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    If we drafted Berry at 5, He would be making 10 mil more than the current highest paid safety in the league. Doesn't make economical sense to a rebuilding team to me. Build the lines first.
    Even if economics weren't important, it wouldn't make sense as a pick. It doesn't matter how good your DBs are if your front seven stinks. You won't get pass pressure, and teams will gash you on the ground. Your defense will get tired out playing 40 minutes a game, every game.

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post

Thats the keyword right there a GREAT LET IS HARD TO FIND. Albert may not be the best LT but he is not horrible either who is to say that we draft a LT and he will be great ? I would rather take the chance to get a difference maker and let Albert have at least one more year under these new coaches to see what he can do. I just think that when we have so many needs and we have addressed the oline why unless Okung falls to us which i would take Okung over Berry in an instant. Honestly though what I hope most of all is we can trade down. I just dont like Bulaga much I would rather have trent williams

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast