Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: We did it. We got Eric Berry!

Default We did it. We got Eric Berry!

We got Berry, who do you like next?

Tip of the Hat to Aussie Fan .. he never doubt it!

I cant believe it , but lets hope it turns out for the best.

GO CHIEFS!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I am not thrilled with berry pick but its not a bad pick. I just wish we got o line or pass rush help first. Oh well berry should be good.
    Golden tate please.
    I'm in the same exact boat. I do like Berry but I think an OT would of been a better choice. Reaching for a Safety at the point does bother me. But right now we need to get a better pass rush up front to see the full potential of Berry. So DT is next or LB.

But I guess at least we have a GM now that is trying to make the team better with good drafting unlike Peterson.

I am ok with Berry. Hope he can play here, and perform up to the lofty expectations. If he does, then he will be an amazing addition.

When I saw that Washington passed on Okung, I got my hopes up. But, yet again, the theory of "the piss-poor play we have had is good enough" reigned supreme. So, as with each of the past four drafts, the O-line is again underappreciated.

However, there are still a couple of top OT prospects available. Should they slip past the first four picks tomorrow, then maybe we can see a legitimate attempt to improve that are of the team.

I'll have my fingers crossed.

something for us to appreciate (in case you havent seen it already).

I have already sent it to all my donk friends, i encourage you to do the same.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-hqGroNreE"]YouTube- Best Plays of 2008: Eric Berry Clobbers Knowshon Moreno[/ame]

Quote Originally Posted by Sn@keIze View Post
    something for us to appreciate (in case you havent seen it already).

I have already sent it to all my donk friends, i encourage you to do the same.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IQShWogLzw&feature=related"]YouTube- Mr Moreno meets Mr Spikes[/ame]

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I am ok with Berry. Hope he can play here, and perform up to the lofty expectations. If he does, then he will be an amazing addition.

When I saw that Washington passed on Okung, I got my hopes up. But, yet again, the theory of "the piss-poor play we have had is good enough" reigned supreme. So, as with each of the past four drafts, the O-line is again underappreciated.

However, there are still a couple of top OT prospects available. Should they slip past the first four picks tomorrow, then maybe we can see a legitimate attempt to improve that are of the team.

I'll have my fingers crossed.
    And so it continues, does 8 sacks given up in like 9 games mean anything to people? And like you said, the draft isn't over.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

blah blah so we didn't get the not top linemen this draft were going to get some steals later in the draft guys, deep linemen and the top ones this year werent elite there bellow alberts level of play, were gonna find some great linemen late in the draft gotta remember where will shields came from and wiegmann waters this guys weren't high picks

You people seem to have forgotten that we've already upgraded our OL and drafting one with the first pick isn't as much a priority as it was, say, 6 months ago.

I'm thrilled that we got Berry. We do need to draft OL but between Lilja and Wiegmann there was no need to go out in the first round to do it.

I will be disappointed, however, if we don't take an OL with one of our 2nd round picks.

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    And so it continues, does 8 sacks given up in like 9 games mean anything to people? And like you said, the draft isn't over.
    No. That doesn't mean anything to people.

Now, if you prefer to discuss the 18 sacks that they gave up in the last nine games, then I'd like to add that it was 45 sacks in 16 games.

Yes, they allowed fewer sacks and the team managed some solid rushing numbers down the stretch. But an NFL season is 16 games long.

I have hoped for two years that Albert would emerge as a good LOT. But it hasn't happened yet, and the rest of this o-line is just as suspect as any area of this team.

Just pointing out that they managed to look good for four or five games does not remove that they looked terrible for the previous 40+ games.

Love the Berry Pick. Most of the Sacks came up the middle. We have improved that with the release of Wade Smith and the Addition of Lilja and Weigman. Dont forget we will have Brown back this year.
    Dont see us going O line until 4th round and then will be C/OG
    Next pick
    Wow Cody, Tate, or Kindle whichever is there.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast