Now that our defense got a lot more exciting,

Who do we get at 36?

Who do we get at 50?

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    2a Mays
    2b Cody
    3 Spikes

that would make me VERY happy.
    Why is everyone so high on Spikes? He ran an extremely slow 40 and doesn't look like a starter from where I sit.

EDIT: Mays and Cody in the 2nd would be a crazy round. Talk about boom-or-bust.

no way its Kindle, as stated above, hes falling because of the possible need for Micro Fracture surgery, which would not possibly but DEFINATELY end his rookie season.

No thanks. Take OL and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by bwilliams View Post
    Why is everyone so high on Spikes? He ran an extremely slow 40 and doesn't look like a starter from where I sit.

EDIT: Mays and Cody in the 2nd would be a crazy round. Talk about boom-or-bust.

Because he's a football player! lol Are you serious? I watched him play in the SEC against great competition, guy is a real thumper and leader on defense. And the guy is instinctive, makes up for slower 40 times when you aren't misdiagnosing half the plays and taking false steps. We really could use a guy like him at ILB imo.

Quote Originally Posted by DynastyTalk View Post
    no way its Kindle, as stated above, hes falling because of the possible need for Micro Fracture surgery, which would not possibly but DEFINATELY end his rookie season.

No thanks. Take OL and move on.
    And?!? We've got Vrabel for another year. Draft him, tell him to get the surgery and sit him for a year then bring him in for the 2011 season. We've got a stud OLB replacement for Vrabel and Vrabel if he's up for another year can be a mentor to Kindle.

Not to mention that's "if" he has to have the surgery. The only thing that's been said is a possible micro-fracture. Just like an ACL injury not all of them need surgery.

I like Kindle, unless they trade

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    And?!? We've got Vrabel for another year. Draft him, tell him to get the surgery and sit him for a year then bring him in for the 2011 season. We've got a stud OLB replacement for Vrabel and Vrabel if he's up for another year can be a mentor to Kindle.

Not to mention that's "if" he has to have the surgery. The only thing that's been said is a possible micro-fracture. Just like an ACL injury not all of them need surgery.
    Just a little medical info to clear the air. First, not to nitpick, but 99% of ALL ACL tears require surgical repair in an athlete. The only time we (yes I am a resident in orthopedic surgery) dont replace a torn ACL is when they are not athletes and are fine with not being able to run hard/long distances.

2nd, microfracture is only brought up as an option when there are few other options. Usually we consider microfracture when there is little to no cartilage left. It is usually a last ditch option to give the athlete a FEW more years of playing time. That means even with the surgery, he isnt going to be playing at a high level for more than 7/8 years. Rarely does it work well enough to give someone more than 10 years of high level sports play. It scares me also that he has so much damage to his cartilage that the cartilage is mostly gone at such a young age.

If you draft someone who needs a microfracture, you are doing so with the understanding that you are getting a player that will probably not have a long career.

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post

And when Vrable gets hurt what do you do
    Guess nobody likes Studebaker

I think Studebaker is our replacement for Vrable.

Just dont see Pioli taking that chance Thats more of a Cowboy move.

forget about Kindle and hold off on Spikes, he will fall into the mid third possibly fourth.

If Tate falls to us I say we draft him and then trade with the fins up to #40 and pick up Cody. If Tate is gone take Cody and hope either Gronkowski or Duccasse/Charles Brown slips to 2b.

At that point we are sitting pretty and hopefully Koa Misi slides to us in the third. It would be perfect. Bring him in as a rookie for situational pass rush and groom him as Vrabel's replacement.

In the fourth I would consider any of Brandon Spikes, Donald Butler, or Pat Angerer a steal to adress ILB.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    Just a little medical info to clear the air. First, not to nitpick, but 99% of ALL ACL tears require surgical repair in an athlete. The only time we (yes I am a resident in orthopedic surgery) dont replace a torn ACL is when they are not athletes and are fine with not being able to run hard/long distances.

2nd, microfracture is only brought up as an option when there are few other options. Usually we consider microfracture when there is little to no cartilage left. It is usually a last ditch option to give the athlete a FEW more years of playing time. That means even with the surgery, he isnt going to be playing at a high level for more than 7/8 years. Rarely does it work well enough to give someone more than 10 years of high level sports play. It scares me also that he has so much damage to his cartilage that the cartilage is mostly gone at such a young age.

If you draft someone who needs a microfracture, you are doing so with the understanding that you are getting a player that will probably not have a long career.
    Thanks for the info, didn't know that and very interesting stuff! With that in mind yeah..don't want Kindle. Someone long term would be best of course. I've been hearing Donald Butler's (ILB) tossed around a lot for a possible pick tonight. Any thoughts?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345