Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: We should not have got Berry

Default We should not have got Berry

For you guys saying we needed a safety maybe so, but not as much as someone to stop the run. Last year our run defense was 31 second to worst, while our pass was not good it was 22 considerably higher then our run defense. We needed someone that can make tackles inside and plug gaping holes in our d-line. What we needed was a NT or a beast OLB to rush the qb so they don't have 2 minutes to throw the ball (which would help our current secondary out) or a ILB that can actually tackle.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    If we fix our lines and other needs berry will be a great pick. I just hope we can do this with whos left.
    If we get Tate at 2a (which I think we will if he's there), we will have done nothing to fix our lines with our 1st 2 picks. We could still use a couple OL, a NT, an ILB, and maybe an OLB. The most needed is a starting NT imo...
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    If we fix our lines and other needs berry will be a great pick. I just hope we can do this with whos left.
    2a. Kindle OLB, pass rush opposite hali

2b. Troup NT, possible starter...depth/rotation at nose

3. Lafell WR (or shipley), get some hands out there

4. Olsen OC, learn behind wiegmann...starting C next year

5. Johnson ILB, thumper to stuff the run

5. Black OG, move lilja to LG, waters to RG, and Black eventually takes the reigns from waters

5. Moeaki TE, pioli gets his TE, great hands

boom
    Last edited by whatwasthat?; 04-23-2010 at 01:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    For you guys saying we needed a safety maybe so, but not as much as someone to stop the run. Last year our run defense was 31 second to worst, while our pass was not good it was 22 considerably higher then our run defense. We needed someone that can make tackles inside and plug gaping holes in our d-line. What we needed was a NT or a beast OLB to rush the qb so they don't have 2 minutes to throw the ball (which would help our current secondary out) or a ILB that can actually tackle.

Are you serious?? You wanted to pass on an ELITE cover safety to get some front seven guys who can tackle? lol BTW not only is berry an elite talent in coverage but he will also surprise with how much wood he brings when he tackles. The draft is loaded with front seven guys who can get dirty and tackle. Hell Spikes is the perfect guy to play inside for us. Everyone blasting him for his slow forty time but I would be thrilled to get him with pick 50 then snag maybe a NT like Troup in the 3rd and that interior defense just got a lot better.

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
    Are you serious?? You wanted to pass on an ELITE cover safety to get some front seven guys who can tackle? lol BTW not only is berry an elite talent in coverage but he will also surprise with how much wood he brings when he tackles. The draft is loaded with front seven guys who can get dirty and tackle. Hell Spikes is the perfect guy to play inside for us. Everyone blasting him for his slow forty time but I would be thrilled to get him with pick 50 then snag maybe a NT like Troup in the 3rd and that interior defense just got a lot better.
    Man, Spikes will be there in the 3rd. He might even hang around until the 4th or 5th. His draft stock has plummeted since the combine.

Quote Originally Posted by bwilliams View Post
    Man, Spikes will be there in the 3rd. He might even hang around until the 4th or 5th. His draft stock has plummeted since the combine.
    i would love to get spikes...i just dont see him as a pioli type guy though

yeah he might. Too many 3-4 teams now, so I wouldn't be shocked if he's gone by our 4th rounder with someone needing a 3-4 ILB. I would be stoked if we could get him in the 4th though.

Spikes will be so Average in the NFL

When you look at the Youth we have at D-Line along with new coaching staff.

I would be suprised to see more than a NT picked. Edwards is a Starter he just didnt have any relief last year and was done by the middle of the 3rd Quarter. You need at least 2 if not 3 NT to rotate in the game. We got Shaun Smith, now we can pick up a NT and be very solid.

BTW the only reason we ranked that high in pass coverage last year was because they didnt have to throw against us. They were too busy killing the clock and protecting their lead. Did you watch any games last year.

Troupe or Thomas will be available in the third.

the more I think about it, the more I believe that Golden Tate is the perfect player to come in.

Normally, receivers need one or two years to adjust to the pro game. So, instead of paying a Decker or Benn for a year of learning the system, we could have an immediate contributor, someone who literally has spent three years learning all of the routes, terminology, and schemes. he has been the #1 in the system as well as the #2, so he could come in and contribute wherever they want him.

I would like to see Tate and Saffold in the second, with Cam thomas in the third.

If they really feel like they need a nose tackle right now, then Tate and Joseph (not high on cody) with Veldheer or Asamoah in the third.

Quote Originally Posted by SAPHOJUNKIE View Post
    Troupe or Thomas will be available in the third.

the more I think about it, the more I believe that Golden Tate is the perfect player to come in.

Normally, receivers need one or two years to adjust to the pro game. So, instead of paying a Decker or Benn for a year of learning the system, we could have an immediate contributor, someone who literally has spent three years learning all of the routes, terminology, and schemes. he has been the #1 in the system as well as the #2, so he could come in and contribute wherever they want him.

I would like to see Tate and Saffold in the second, with Cam thomas in the third.

If they really feel like they need a nose tackle right now, then Tate and Joseph (not high on cody) with Veldheer or Asamoah in the third.
    Tate would be perfect for our offense. Given the way ND players are dropping though, I wouln't be surprised if he were there at 2b.

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post

wawawawa last year i got the screw by them taking jackson...finally they get my player!!!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast