Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who do we get at 2a?

Default Who do we get at 2a?

So ok I screwed up our 1a pick. I'm asking for your help on 2a!!
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by bwilliams View Post
    Honestly, I'm very worried about the right side of our OL. Old, small, and/or slow are the words that may best describe Weigmann, Lilja, and/or O'Callaghan. Getting a couple OL starters (Brown at RT and Ducasse at RG) could go a long way to fixing our offesnvie problems. I mean, I wouldn't be unhappy with another position at 2a, but some legit young starters on the OL couldn't hurt.

I do say that we shouldn't draft Kindle (his recently discovered knee microfracture problem). And we can get a ILB, even a starting ILB in the 4th or 5th, so I wouldn't go Washington (who'll be better in a 4-3 anyway, I think).

Man, drafting Clausen is a risky idea. You've basically ended any long-term Cassel plans. If I'm drafting Clausen, I'm on the phone to the Bills right now offering Cassel in trade.
    I'm ok with this - if we can get Cam Thomas at 3a...
    SHUT IT

IMO it has to be Kindle or Tate.

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
    IMO it has to be Kindle or Tate.
    Mays sounds pretty intruiging if he's there but I don't think Pioli pulls that trigger. Too much like Pollard imo...
    SHUT IT

Well now they are talking about a possible micro fracture with Kindle. Health concerns could be too much to pull the trigger on him. So he may not be the guy for us. If Tate is off the board we could end up going OL at pick 36. Or maybe they targer another 3-4 hybrid guy like a Rickey Sapp to get after the QB.

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Mays sounds pretty intruiging if he's there but I don't think Pioli pulls that trigger. Too much like Pollard imo...

Mays is interesting and becomes even moreso the more he falls. Like you I can't see us or any NFL team for that matter taking two safeties back to back that hight. I will say though it's not like we are stacked we couldn't use him. All we have other than Berry is Page (who may not even want to play in KC anymore) and question marks. Berry at free and Mays at strong probly looks pretty good to Romeo lol. And Romeo loves big SS who he can play in the box, that is Mays' mo.

Possible combinations:

Scenario #1

Brown RT
    Tate WR

We protect Matt Cassel and give him a sure-handed weapon who knows the offense from day one. better than knows it...is an expert.

Drawback: Our run defense still needs major support.

Scenario #2:

Taylor Mays
    Terrence Cody

Mays has never been accused of character or work ethic issues. With two of the best safeties in all of college football, teams would have legit fears about passing the ball against us. If Page's injury is lingering, this might be a real possibility.

Drawback: While Mays would be an asset in run support and hits over the middle, we still lack in initial push in the trenches. We still also don't address the number of dropped passes last year.

Scenario #3

Arrelious Benn
    Linval Joseph

Joseph isn't massive like Cody, but he has the perfect frame at 6'4 1/2 and 320 pounds to not only occupy blockers at the nose, but also to see over the offensive linemen and direct his interference towards the play. sight line is key for a nose tackle, and one reason Dorsey, at 6'1, might not succeed there.

Drawback: with dorsey potentially moving to the nose, we are phasing out a top 5 pick by drafting a space eater here. Maybe a dorsey trade could help? Depends on what we get, I suppose.

Scenario #4

Everson Griffen
    Terrence Cody

griffen has the size to play in romeo's defense - he likes bigger outside linebackers, less rangey guys than Pittsburgh's version. With Cody eating up space in the middle, dorsey and jackson on the ends, griffen could do some damage taking over for the aging vrabel. Also the last chance to have Vrabel mentor his replacement.

Scenario #5

Saffold
    Cody

best of both worlds. We protect Cassel and also massively upgrade our run support.

Drawbacks: No pass catcher, no pass rusher. With Cody, Cam Thomas, Linval Joseph, and Troupe still available, we might be able to grab a legit nose tackle with our third rounder, though I think most of us have that one pegged as an inside linebacker.
    Last edited by SAPHOJUNKIE; 04-23-2010 at 03:17 PM.

I would really like to see Tate and ducasse or Navorro Bowman in the 2nd and Troup in the 3rd.
    Great Googly Moogly

RyanD82 - Twitter

I don't think there's anyway Tampa doesn't take a WR here (they seriously have no WRs). The question is will it be Benn or Tate. I would not mind either, both were tremendous college players.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    I don't think there's anyway Tampa doesn't take a WR here (they seriously have no WRs). The question is will it be Benn or Tate. I would not mind either, both were tremendous college players.
    Now I'm looking that the Rams might look for a WR for Bradford. Benn and Tate both might be gone in the first 3 picks.

We have the fourth pick. Vikes have the 2nd pick and won't be taking a WR.

Rams could still be looking for that defensive tackle to pair with Chris Long. Brian Price at the top of the round might happen.

of course, this is all predicated on the idea that no one trades up for a QB ahead of Minnesota.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast