Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who do we get at 2a?

Default Who do we get at 2a?

So ok I screwed up our 1a pick. I'm asking for your help on 2a!!
    SHUT IT

Clausen is so tempting. I'm terrified of the fact that Cassel played worse down the stretch last season despite the blocking improving dramatically and Charles emerging. He's also due a 7.5 million team option next season and has a front-loaded contract, so release next offseason isn't completely out of the question if he struggles this year.

Aside from him, Charles Brown, Golden Tate, Sergio Kindle, Terrance Cody.

Do we pass on Bruce Campbell if he's still around?
    SHUT IT

I like Kindle, I would be Derrick Johnson would appreciate playing with another longhorn

Brown, Saffold, and Tate are probably at the top of the list. Tate for obvious reasons. We only have 3 OT's on the roster, picking up another is a must.

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Do we pass on Bruce Campbell if he's still around?
    Y-E-S! Campbell is massively overrated. His skills are raw and his attitude is bad. He's going to be someone's long term project, not a rokkie or 2nd year starter.

We should go Charles Brown or Ducasse in the 2nd. Ducasse should last till 2b, where I'm begging Pioli takes him. He's my favorite OL prospect in this draft.

Quote Originally Posted by bwilliams View Post
    Y-E-S! Campbell is massively overrated. His skills are raw and his attitude is bad. He's going to be someone's long term project, not a rokkie or 2nd year starter.

We should go Charles Brown or Ducasse in the 2nd. Ducasse should last till 2b, where I'm begging Pioli takes him. He's my favorite OL prospect in this draft.
    Then at 2a I would say Clausen, Tate, Kindle, or Washington whosever avail...and get our OL 2b...
    SHUT IT

Clausen would be a wasted pick at this point, I think they will pick Golden Tate with the 2a if he is there....

Anyone who's saying Kindle should rethink that pick:

Allow me to point you to an article written by respected Longhorns beat reporter Chip Brown of the UT Rivals.com site. It reports on what he terms "a potential bombshell brewing" regarding the knee injury Kindle played with in 2009.

"There are a handful of teams who have graded Kindle as a 'serious' medical risk because of his knee, which one team said looks like it could require Kindle to have microfracture surgery," Brown wrote in the article.

Yikes.

"Microfracture is a surgery to create cartilage in the knee when it becomes a bone-on-bone situation," he continued. "It's a surgery athletes tend to have near the end of their careers. Not at the beginning. According to some teams, Kindle's medical exams showed a series of trauma on the knee that could limit his career

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Then at 2a I would say Clausen, Tate, Kindle, or Washington whosever avail...and get our OL 2b...
    Honestly, I'm very worried about the right side of our OL. Old, small, and/or slow are the words that may best describe Weigmann, Lilja, and/or O'Callaghan. Getting a couple OL starters (Brown at RT and Ducasse at RG) could go a long way to fixing our offesnvie problems. I mean, I wouldn't be unhappy with another position at 2a, but some legit young starters on the OL couldn't hurt.

I do say that we shouldn't draft Kindle (his recently discovered knee microfracture problem). And we can get a ILB, even a starting ILB in the 4th or 5th, so I wouldn't go Washington (who'll be better in a 4-3 anyway, I think).

Man, drafting Clausen is a risky idea. You've basically ended any long-term Cassel plans. If I'm drafting Clausen, I'm on the phone to the Bills right now offering Cassel in trade.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast