Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ridiculous

Default ridiculous

i was reading an article on kcchiefs.com and in the comments there were a ton of people who were anti-berry, pro-OT before the selection of berry

now they are all ranting and raving about how we should pick up mays and how it will improve our whole D...i just cant see this happening...not with cody, kindle, and tate available...i do not think pioli is considering it either

Quote Originally Posted by whatwasthat? View Post
    i was reading an article on kcchiefs.com and in the comments there were a ton of people who were anti-berry, pro-OT before the selection of berry

now they are all ranting and raving about how we should pick up mays and how it will improve our whole D...i just cant see this happening...not with cody, kindle, and tate available...i do not think pioli is considering it either
    Well, I wanted Okung, not Berry. Now, I'm open to drafting Mays at 2a. Why?

First, we still have no SS. Berry is a FS, and we'd be idiots to play him out of position.

Second, Pioli really and truly seems to believe that Albert is a legit LT, which means we aren't drafting OT too high.

Third, a good NT should be available at 2b. Either Thomas, Cody, or Joseph should drop.

Fourth, just the idea of Berry/Mays at safety makes me grin at the insanity of it. That would a be a freakishly athletic safety duo that would be immensely fun to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by bwilliams View Post
    Well, I wanted Okung, not Berry. Now, I'm open to drafting Mays at 2a. Why?

First, we still have no SS. Berry is a FS, and we'd be idiots to play him out of position.

Second, Pioli really and truly seems to believe that Albert is a legit LT, which means we aren't drafting OT too high.

Third, a good NT should be available at 2b. Either Thomas, Cody, or Joseph should drop.

Fourth, just the idea of Berry/Mays at safety makes me grin at the insanity of it. That would a be a freakishly athletic safety duo that would be immensely fun to watch.
    i truly believe that the chiefs plan on moving page to SS...he has the exact build you would want out of that position

if we want to go SS, i would wait until 3 and try to take darrell stuckey

i was almost positive we werent going OT...days ago pioli sternly said "albert is our LT"

im pulling for torrell troup at 2b...i dont really want cody
    Last edited by whatwasthat?; 04-23-2010 at 01:19 PM.

I dont want anther safety in todays picks. We cant fill a defense of all safetys and like I have said I think there are much bigger needs.

No more safety's. Was just listening to ESPN Radio and Eric Casilius (sp) was talking about every person in the complex he talked to was down on Okung

i truly believe that the chiefs plan on moving page to SS...he has the exact build you would want out of that position

i was almost positive we werent going OT...days ago pioli sternly said "albert is our LT"

Berry played SS in college though, why would they move him to FS?

Berry is a complete safety. He is big enough at 211 lbs for run support, but has freakish range to play free safety.

Page is a less-talented version of berry. he has ball skills, speed, and size for hitting power. He just isn't as good. We should play them together, and Page as the #2 safety is a fantastic situation. I love the idea of mays as well, but we just don't need hiim.

With Dan Williams dropping so far, it really allows us to wait on the nose tackle.

personally, I think we should be looking at OL, NT, WR, and ILB over the next three picks.

Maybe we can trade back from #36 and pick up another third rounder. then we could go with Tate and a NT in the 2nd, then pick up Veldheer and Spikes in the third. Of course, trading back is contingent on a team going after kindle, clausen, or mccoy.

Never agreed with you more. Cody may be top man on our board at 2a im ok with it then but like you we can get one deeper. My sleeper is Linval Joseph Monster just waiting for a little technic coaching.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Berry played SS in college though, why would they move him to FS?
    He only played SS his senior year. While he was good at it, I would want someone with his athleticism ballhawking, knocking around WRs, and supporting our CBs in coverage. Not getting injured (at most elite SS do - see Sanders, Bob and Polamulu, Troy) by playing the run in the box.

I mean, I think #5 was awfully high for a free safety for precisely this reason. But it would be crazy to waste Berry's coverage skills and athleticism in SS position, especially if he gets injured and there's $11M sitting on the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by bwilliams View Post
    He only played SS his senior year. While he was good at it, I would want someone with his athleticism ballhawking, knocking around WRs, and supporting our CBs in coverage. Not getting injured (at most elite SS do - see Sanders, Bob and Polamulu, Troy) by playing the run in the box.

I mean, I think #5 was awfully high for a free safety for precisely this reason. But it would be crazy to waste Berry's coverage skills and athleticism in SS position, especially if he gets injured and there's $11M sitting on the bench.

agreed...berry played FS his freshman and softmore year...hes a true ballhawk...it would be a waste of his talents not to put him in center field and let him make game-changing plays

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast