Thread: changing of the guards (yea i thought it was clever)

Default changing of the guards (yea i thought it was clever)

lets face it...waters' pass blocking is degrading...however, his run blocking is still above average and he has the perfect size to play RG

lilja is a bit undersized but is athletic..hes more of a LG than RG because of his body type

i propose lilja takes the LG spot and waters plays RG...we can draft Ciron Black out of LSU in the 5th round, a big nasty player who is an excellent run blocker...he can learn behind waters until he is ready to take over...he is also versatile and can play RT or possibly C

Quote Originally Posted by whatwasthat? View Post
    lets face it...waters' pass blocking is degrading...however, his run blocking is still above average and he has the perfect size to play RG

lilja is a bit undersized but is athletic..hes more of a LG than RG because of his body type

i propose lilja takes the LG spot and waters plays RG...we can draft Ciron Black out of LSU in the 5th round, a big nasty player who is an excellent run blocker...he can learn behind waters until he is ready to take over...he is also versatile and can play RT or possibly C
    So you want two established guards to switch positions, force them to learn how to protect on the opposite side of where they've played for a long time just so we can bring in a rookie at a certain spot....??

No thank you.

Please feel free to with me though.

Everyone seems to have forgotten about Brown. If Lilja and Waters dont bring it, he may be a starter. Kinda wish we would trade Waters, for 1 simple reason. I think if he gets out played and doesnt start that he will retire. Would like to get some value for him than nothing. If we could get a high 4th I would let him go.

That should get the natives wrestless

How about a little John Asamoah coming at you?

Would Like Asamoah but Im hoping for 4th round and dont think he will be there. I woud like to see us get Tennant C from Boston College. Can play C or G and think he can be a long term G for us. Give him a year behind Weigman

Seems to me that there are a lot of o and d lineman already being picked. Are there any true quality lineman left?

Quote Originally Posted by Fansincebirth View Post
    Everyone seems to have forgotten about Brown. If Lilja and Waters dont bring it, he may be a starter. Kinda wish we would trade Waters, for 1 simple reason. I think if he gets out played and doesnt start that he will retire. Would like to get some value for him than nothing. If we could get a high 4th I would let him go.

That should get the natives wrestless
    I have been saying the same thing about Waters. I would like to get something for him while we can, Im just not sure we can get anything for him. Im interested to see what Colin Brown can do. He has the size and athleticism, I just wonder about the skill.

I would love to see us pick-up Eric Olsen from ND. Obviously there is the Weis connection and he has played both C and G. He was by far the best player on the ND OL (which doesnt say much). He can probably be had for a 5th round pick.

Quote Originally Posted by bbacker51 View Post
    Seems to me that there are a lot of o and d lineman already being picked. Are there any true quality lineman left?
    A lot of DL got picked, but Dan Williams was the only NT picked. The rest were DEs, or 4-3 DTs.