Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dexter McCluster listed as WR on KCCHIEFS.COM

Default Dexter McCluster listed as WR on KCCHIEFS.COM

I like to see this and i think he could be a great KR too! If JC wasn't such a great RB then I think he'd still be the KR because he was so good at it, so I think he's a bit like JC.
    Kansas City Chiefs: Dexter McCluster

Quote Originally Posted by endzonewillie View Post
    I doubt that Belichick made all the decisions in NE however he is now. Scott Pioli's rep is deserved.
    Woudn't the GM (Scott Pioli (other than when he was hired)) make a fair few of the decisions?

Quote Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan View Post
    Woudn't the GM (Scott Pioli (other than when he was hired)) make a fair few of the decisions?
    He wasn't GM. He was Vice President - Player Personnel...
    SHUT IT

I don't want to talk crap to those who are disappointed by the McCluster pick, but you guys don't seem to understand that he is obviously being brought in to be our slot receiver (something we desparately need) and gadget play guy, as well as someone to add some speed to an offense that is very slow aside from JC and Lance Long (assuming Long even makes the team next season).

You all talk about how small he is, but I can almost guarantee you that Pioli sees a lot of Wes Welker in him (5'9 185 lbs) - a small guy who reaches full speed instantly, has great hands, and is not afraid to go down the middle whatsoever. Size means nothing for slot receivers. It's all about quickness, route running, hands, and toughness.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    I don't want to talk crap to those who are disappointed by the McCluster pick, but you guys don't seem to understand that he is obviously being brought in to be our slot receiver (something we desparately need) and gadget play guy, as well as someone to add some speed to an offense that is very slow aside from JC and Lance Long (assuming Long even makes the team next season).

You all talk about how small he is, but I can almost guarantee you that Pioli sees a lot of Wes Welker in him (5'9 185 lbs) - a small guy who reaches full speed instantly, has great hands, and is not afraid to go down the middle whatsoever. Size means nothing for slot receivers. It's all about quickness, route running, hands, and toughness.
    Perfect way to explain why he was a good choice. REP!

EXACTLY!

P.S. MAN I don't understand why people have nothing better to do but constantly bitc* on these threads about the Chiefs. It makes me wonder...if we won the Super Bowl would there still be people on here moaning about how it wasn't by enough points?

Be thankful we have a team to root for!
    Resident Ambassador!

Nice Post! Completely agree!

Quote Originally Posted by KCINNYC View Post
    EXACTLY!

P.S. MAN I don't understand why people have nothing better to do but constantly bitc* on these threads about the Chiefs. It makes me wonder...if we won the Super Bowl would there still be people on here moaning about how it wasn't by enough points?

Nice post .Rep added as I have wondered this same point myself at times.
    Chiefs Nation

Quote Originally Posted by KCINNYC View Post
    EXACTLY!

Did we just win The Super Bowl? Did we come close? Did we make the playoffs? Did we have a winning record? Did we go 4-12?

Answer those questions and you will be one step closer to figuring out why some people aren't all that thrilled.

I can see "the bright side" just fine. But, where I am differing from many of you is that I can also see the "not-so-bright" side.

Are the players we drafted good? Probably. They were taking with higher draft picks. (Bright side)

Are they going to play a big part in helping to stuff the run, pass-protect, or rush the QB? No. Not likely. (Not-so-bright side)

See how I did that? After looking at the bright side, instead of just declaring everything to be great, I then had a look at the not-so-bright side.

This provides a balanced picture. Not a one-sided picture.

I just prefer to have that balance.

*** NOTE*** There is alot deeper that one can go into the bright, and the not-so-bright sides. But just wanted to make it a quick example.

Very well said. We have a huge need for this guy, He will make Cassel and the OL both look better, also the rest of the WR's and the TE.

Very well said. We have a huge need for him. He will make our QB and OL look better,also the rest of the WR's and TE, and the running game as well.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast