Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dexter McCluster listed as WR on KCCHIEFS.COM

Default Dexter McCluster listed as WR on KCCHIEFS.COM

I like to see this and i think he could be a great KR too! If JC wasn't such a great RB then I think he'd still be the KR because he was so good at it, so I think he's a bit like JC.
    Kansas City Chiefs: Dexter McCluster

Quote Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan View Post
    I like to see this and i think he could be a great KR too! If JC wasn't such a great RB then I think he'd still be the KR because he was so good at it, so I think he's a bit like JC.
    Kansas City Chiefs: Dexter McCluster

I agree he is a lot like JC, very full of energy and excitement.
    I was surprised with the pick but like him alot.

But the CB we got after that was listed as the best Kick returner in the entire draft.
    It starts with the Offensive line

We now have two High speed backs on our team.

Our offense is going to be fantastic.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

This was a dumb pick, a throw away pick for us to get McCluster, I just don't understand it. Yeah, the guy might be fast, although is combine numbers don't show it, but he is too small for anything except perhaps returning kicks.

Look at 5'9" he is not big enough to be a slot receiver. At 172 pounds he is not heavy enough to be a great back, besides, we already have a back that is about that size and we are already talking about him having trouble being an everydown back.

I would have said great pick if we didn't already have Charles, but we have two guys now that are nearly the same, that does nothing for us, even if we put him in at wide receiver.

I am really disappointed with this pick, with thoughts of it being almost Al Davis-ish! Hopefully he will be a Sproles type return man, that is about the best we can hope for with this pick.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    We now have two High speed backs on our team.

Our offense is going to be fantastic.
    I agree, If they can get the Defense good too, the chiefs will be a powerful force once more.

What? Too short? Noone is too short. How tall do you think Welker is?

Dante was only 5'6" and he just didn't have the hands one should.

MJD 5'6ish or 7ish? He is one of their better backs around right now.

Size is nothing. It your heart and soul that counts, and the will to succeed
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

All the heart and soul in the world didn't make RUDY any good.

A smaller player CAN succeed. But they so rarely do that you have to consider it a far bigger gamble, than if you had taken a bigger player of similar skill.

We are not a team that has been so good that we can afford to be extra risky with our early draft picks.

For us to lose on such gambles means we don't improve and are the same as we were. And the same can be said for The Colts.

But The Colts were in The Super Bowl. So remaining the same as before is awefully good. We were 4-12. Do we want to stay the same?

We need every bit of upgrade that we can get. The Colts will do pretty good without.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    This was a dumb pick, a throw away pick for us to get McCluster, I just don't understand it. Yeah, the guy might be fast, although is combine numbers don't show it, but he is too small for anything except perhaps returning kicks.

Look at 5'9" he is not big enough to be a slot receiver. At 172 pounds he is not heavy enough to be a great back, besides, we already have a back that is about that size and we are already talking about him having trouble being an everydown back.

I would have said great pick if we didn't already have Charles, but we have two guys now that are nearly the same, that does nothing for us, even if we put him in at wide receiver.

I am really disappointed with this pick, with thoughts of it being almost Al Davis-ish! Hopefully he will be a Sproles type return man, that is about the best we can hope for with this pick.
    He is actually 5'8" and weighs in at 165 by kcchiefs.com profile on him. They do have him listed as a wr which most likely means they are going to use him in the Wes Welker role . I wouldn;t be surprised to see him doing some wildcat stuff as well. He can be a Sproles type rb with his size and speed is even still a great change up from JC. The main thing is his speed which in the NFL we all know speed kills. I don;t expect you to take my word on it but when the proof is in that he won't help the team, I will eat crow then but until then I see a good pick up.
    Chiefs Nation

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast