Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: tony moeaki

Default tony moeaki

do you like him as our third rounder. almost evry draft expert has him as the best blocking tight end in the draft.and from the clips i have seen he looks like he will be a good receiving te when needed.i am excited to add a good blocking te it will make the o-line better i did not like the pick at first but it is growing on me

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    One thing you can always count on, is time, it will tell the story, in time.
    True TS. Add pressure to time = could be a diamond?

I'm loving this guy's tape. If he is as good of a run blocker as advertised, I think he may have stumbled onto something great.

Ferentz tabbed him as the greatest TE he's ever coached. I'm sure that went a long way with Pioli. I'm sure Scott had him on his board as a must have and that is why they traded back up into the 3rd rd to get him.

I'm really excited about this guy. Really excited. I'm going to do more homeworkon him and will post back in this thread later.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    I'm loving this guy's tape. If he is as good of a run blocker as advertised, I think he may have stumbled onto something great.

Ferentz tabbed him as the greatest TE he's ever coached. I'm sure that went a long way with Pioli. I'm sure Scott had him on his board as a must have and that is why they traded back up into the 3rd rd to get him.

I'm really excited about this guy. Really excited. I'm going to do more homeworkon him and will post back in this thread later.
    Me too. I love what I see from this guy in the receiving game. Catches the ball with his hands, good speed, immediately looks to run after the catch.

I like the fact that he played a pro-style offense. He can block and catch.

I checked in a friend that follows Iowa football like its a religion.
    Here are his brief comments:
    Moeaki is going to be really good. Great hands, good blocker, and can get open.

Based on the video posted above, I'd tend to agree. Time will tell.

But if he does start, that means we will have drafted at least 4 starters in this draft class.
    Berry - FS
    McCluster - Slot WR
    Arenas - PR/KR, possibly nickel CB.
    Moeaki - TE

I won't be surprised if Asomoah ends up cracking the startting lineup this year as well. 4-5 starters, I'd say that's pretty good draft.

I like this Moeaki kid.

I think absolutely Moeaki starts and he's a HUGE upgrade for us from day one!

From the star:

"Perhaps the most impressive of the rookies was Moeaki, who looked as if he could be a nice addition to the passing game.
    Moeaki gave the defense fits during the only full-squad portion of practice that was open to reporters. His ability to get down the field exceeds that of veterans Leonard Pope and Brad Cottam.
    Moeaki wasn’t quite ready to declare himself a worthy successor to Tony Gonzalez.
    "He has a billion catches," Moeaki said, "and I have zero."

Like I've said before the kid is a great all around TE.

If he can block as well as Dunn and if he can avoid injuries then the Chiefs have improved the running attack in a very big way.

It would be interesting to see a few double TE sets with him when they get near the red zone. That is going to give defenses fits. They won't know if they Chiefs are going to pass or run.

Dunn was like an extra offensive linemen and TG is the greatest receiving TE ever. I do not expect Moeaki to block as well as Dunn or be the receiver that TG was, but he obviously has a ton of potential and I hope he can be a very good all-around TE. If he can do that, he will be more than worthy of the pick we spent on him.

I do not expect to ever see another TG, unless TG resigns with the Chiefs before he hangs up his cleats. And even TG will not be the same TG by that time.

chiefs!!!!!!!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast