Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: This Draft is not the end of the world!!!!!!!

Default This Draft is not the end of the world!!!!!!!

Ok while I can't say that I am 100% thrilled about the picks that we have made so far Reading some of the post on here you would think that this team took a HUGE step backwards.And we are going to be 0-16 this season.

Simpy put its far to early to tell. The picks have not even gotten into one preseason game so we don't no what we got yet.

Mccluster might turn out to be a weapon on offense. Some are compareing him to wes welker. If and Yes it is a big if he is close to that then I am happy with the pick.

I no its not the draft that some wanted. We didnt get tate or whoever eles many wanted. But if you look at Piolis history this is how he drafts. Tom Brady was thought to be nothing more then a backup when he was drafted. That turned out well. We might not have got a Tom Brady in this draft but its far to early to start doubting the direction of this team. While i am not 100% happy about what we have done I think before people start jumping off the bridge we should at least see them play.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    I kinda look at it this way. I have a Ferrari (not really). I also have a family, a wife and three kids. We are in the market for a new car. Now I know I need something that will carry the family around, but I go out and buy a Corvette. Yeah, it is prettier, faster, and more exciting, but it did not address what I needed, something that would carry my family around.

Of course it is not my money on the line with this team, only my hopes that we will build a winner.
    I see where your coming from. The thing to keep in mind is NFL teams don't need to totally bank on the draft to complete the objective of need. Free agency is now a huge part of the scheme and our FA pick ups have been very good so far this year. Combine that with the draft and things look much better .
    Chiefs Nation

Quote Originally Posted by endzonewillie View Post
    From what I can tell if most people don't see the people they think should be drafted picked they get angered over the ones that are picked. I personally like the picks we have made and when they are added to the FA pick ups we got this offseason I would say the Chiefs should kick major azz. Just one fans opinion.
    I agree! So long to all the people that are saying its ages until a playoff berth!

All Tony Moeaki doubters, watch this video,
    Look, it's not that people have a real problem with the players that we now have from the draft. It's that we did nothing to address the huge gaping holes that caused to be among the league's worst in pass-protection, pass-rush and run defense.

But I will say that this highlight reel must be lacking in something. There really isn't anything impressive about it. Not one amazing catch. Not a single broken tackle. Just alot of pedestrian TE catches.

But then, as i hear it, he is supposed to be a blocking TE anyway, so.. Meh.

This is the end of the world. I hope so... The world we have been living in doesn't get us any game time after week 17

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Look, it's not that people have a real problem with the players that we now have from the draft. It's that we did nothing to address the huge gaping holes that caused to be among the league's worst in pass-protection, pass-rush and run defense.

But I will say that this highlight reel must be lacking in something. There really isn't anything impressive about it. Not one amazing catch. Not a single broken tackle. Just alot of pedestrian TE catches.

But then, as i hear it, he is supposed to be a blocking TE anyway, so.. Meh.
    So when he leaped over that northwestern player who was standing straight up was not breaking a tackle? How about the catch he made with 2 Indiana DBs covering him not a fantastik catch? Ok , the catch in the endzone against Northweatern , he should have gotten 2 feet in bounds but he was 1 inch from that. I am not saying he is the worlds greatest but he is better than Cottam.
    Chiefs Nation

So when he leaped over that northwestern player who was standing straight up was not breaking a tackle?
    This highlight is at 1:15 into the video. And no. Seeing as hos the guy still made the tackle, this is not a broken tackle. A nice move to gain an extra yard or two. But not a broken tackle.

How about the catch he made with 2 Indiana DBs covering him not a fantastik catch?
    I am guessing that this is the play at about 3:15?

It was a poor pass, that bounced off of a defender and dropped right into his hands. Fun to watch, but there is nothing special about what Tony did there.

Ok , the catch in the endzone against Northweatern , he should have gotten 2 feet in bounds but he was 1 inch from that. I am not saying he is the worlds greatest but he is better than Cottam.
    That play is at about 1:23. And he didn't need two feet in-bounds. It's college. That's a TD. But the ball would have hit him in the chest or helmet had he not put his hands up. Good catch for a TD. But nothing really amazing about it.

He may be a very good TE. But this particular video doesn't show anything all that special.

And what makes him better than Cottam?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTW9sIOyf9Y&feature=related"]YouTube- Brad Cottam Gets Hit[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=me81Pm8ObaQ"]YouTube- Brad Cottam 2007 highlights[/ame]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123