Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Close losses

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    10,594
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 3

    Default Close losses


    0 Not allowed!
    Last year there were a lot of close losses that could have easily been won with a few more quality players. That is another reason i believe the chiefs are not far away from being a playoff team again! To all the people that say it will be a long time before anything good happens, I'll have to strongly disagree, due to many reason, including the 'close losses'.

    Just wanted to remind everyone of this before they start worrying about the productivity of the team if they don't like the draft choices so far.

  2. #2
    Member Since
    May 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    9,106
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 26

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan View Post
    Last year there were a lot of close losses that could have easily been won with a few more quality players. That is another reason i believe the chiefs are not far away from being a playoff team again! To all the people that say it will be a long time before anything good happens, I'll have to strongly disagree, due to many reason, including the 'close losses'.

    Just wanted to remind everyone of this before they start worrying about the productivity of the team if they don't like the draft choices so far.
    That's all well and good. But the '08 Chiefs lost 8 games by 7 or fewer points. (6 in '09)

    And the '08 team lost 3 games by four point, or less. (2 in '09)

    Close losses are gonna happen. But there are still losses.

  3. #3
    Member Since
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    786
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan View Post
    Last year there were a lot of close losses that could have easily been won with a few more quality players. That is another reason i believe the chiefs are not far away from being a playoff team again! To all the people that say it will be a long time before anything good happens, I'll have to strongly disagree, due to many reason, including the 'close losses'.

    Just wanted to remind everyone of this before they start worrying about the productivity of the team if they don't like the draft choices so far.
    What?!

    Week 1 - Ravens (lost by 14)
    Week 2 - Oakland (lost by 3)
    Week 3 - Eagles (lost by 20)
    Week 4 - Giants (lost by 11)
    Week 5 - Cowboys (lost by 6)
    Week 7 - Chargers (lost by 30)
    Week 9 - Jacksonville (lost by 3)
    Week 12 - Charger (lost by 29)
    Week 13 - Denver (lost by 31)
    Week 14 - Buffalo (lost by 6)
    Week 15 - Cleveland (lost by 7)
    Week 16 - Cincinatti (lost by 7)

    Where's all this close loss talk coming from? We lost eight games by a touchdown or more. We lost two others by six and two by 3.

    By the way, those four losses within a TD were all to teams who ran the ball and controlled the clock for the win.

  4. #4
    Member Since
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    10,594
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 3

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by bwilliams View Post
    What?!

    Week 1 - Ravens (lost by 14)
    Week 2 - Oakland (lost by 3)
    Week 3 - Eagles (lost by 20)
    Week 4 - Giants (lost by 11)
    Week 5 - Cowboys (lost by 6)
    Week 7 - Chargers (lost by 30)
    Week 9 - Jacksonville (lost by 3)
    Week 12 - Charger (lost by 29)
    Week 13 - Denver (lost by 31)
    Week 14 - Buffalo (lost by 6)
    Week 15 - Cleveland (lost by 7)
    Week 16 - Cincinatti (lost by 7)

    Where's all this close loss talk coming from? We lost eight games by a touchdown or more. We lost two others by six and two by 3.

    By the way, those four losses within a TD were all to teams who ran the ball and controlled the clock for the win.
    I'm just saying that If they win a lot of those close game (within 7 points) the record won't be 4-12, more like 8-8, then if they improve on that they could go more like 11-5 or 12-4.

  5. #5
    Member Since
    Feb 2007
    Location
    ALASKA
    Posts
    3,068
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18
    Given: 22

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan View Post
    I'm just saying that If they win a lot of those close game (within 7 points) the record won't be 4-12, more like 8-8, then if they improve on that they could go more like 11-5 or 12-4.
    Their argument Aussie is that to improve you need to control the game . i.e. pound the rock and/or the D has to make a stop. And it's usually the horses upfront that get you there. The trenches are a thankless job, no glory, no dancing down the sideline, but it's where the game is won or lost. Control the line....


  6. #6
    Member Since
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    10,594
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 3

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by AkChief49 View Post
    Their argument Aussie is that to improve you need to control the game . i.e. pound the rock and/or the D has to make a stop. And it's usually the horses upfront that get you there. The trenches are a thankless job, no glory, no dancing down the sideline, but it's where the game is won or lost. Control the line....
    Yeah. I think they should have definately drafted cam thomas! It's hard to believe that they didn't! He was available at 5a and 5b!

  7. #7
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Drunken State
    Posts
    3,975
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 45
    Given: 39

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan View Post
    I'm just saying that If they win a lot of those close game (within 7 points) the record won't be 4-12, more like 8-8, then if they improve on that they could go more like 11-5 or 12-4.
    I don't understand the point of this thread. Couldn't you say that about anybody?
    Last edited by Bike; 04-25-2010 at 12:05 AM.
    SHUT IT

  8. #8
    Member Since
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Kansas City! HOME OF THE CHIIIEEEFS!
    Posts
    3,943
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 30

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I think the point of the thread is simply to point out that there is always positive to be found in negative.

    As far as close games...losing a game by one score is considered a close game by many. We did lose several games by a score.

    I was at the Oakland opener, and if memory is correct, statistically we won that game, on paper where it counted we lost. I was at the Cleveland game, and I can guarantee there was a bad pass interference call that cost us that game...I saw it with my own eyes.

    "Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

    "The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

  9. #9
    Member Since
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    305
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post

    I was at the Oakland opener, and if memory is correct, statistically we won that game, on paper where it counted we lost. I was at the Cleveland game, and I can guarantee there was a bad pass interference call that cost us that game...I saw it with my own eyes.

    and a chris chambers dropped pass

  10. #10
    Member Since
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura, Ca.
    Posts
    2,605
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 1

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    There are a lot of reasons this team lost games. We cannot forget that this is a team sport. Yeah we have lost a lot of games by a small amount of points. But you have to look at those opportunities that were blown.

    We had many times when our offensive line broke down and Cassel was sacked or threw the ball away. There was a couple of games were he was pressured to throw an interception. That is what happens when your offensive line sucks. Every team knows that young inexperienced QBs will do that.

    There are also many of times where the defense blew coverage and allowed a long gain. Or worse, they were caught on a running play and they allowed that extra seven points that we needed to win the game.

    The point of thread is well taken. With a couple of key players in some key positions, those games get turned around. It is tough for a team to lose all the time, but lets hope the losing mentality is gone this year.


    Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Too close to home...
    By GlennBree in forum The Locker Room
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-30-2009, 12:49 AM
  2. Close call.
    By honda522 in forum The Locker Room
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-27-2009, 03:28 PM
  3. Please close this thread
    By DrunkHillbilly in forum The Locker Room
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-01-2008, 11:26 AM
  4. 11 straight regular season losses...freaking 11
    By nigeriannightmare in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-14-2008, 10:06 PM
  5. Cheering for Chiefs Losses, who is with me?
    By timsatt1 in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 100
    Last Post: 12-12-2007, 10:27 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •