Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Disappointed

Default Disappointed

We possess the leagues 30th ranked defense. We needed to address the fundamental needs of stuffing the run and getting to the qb. We didn't do it. I'm trying to talk myself into the reasons why we didn't do this (I know we still have 2 5th rounders left to pick, but they are - well - 5th rounders) and this is what I came up with:
    LOLB - Vrabel/Studebaker - Sorry. I don't have an answer why we didn't address this.
    NT - Edwards/Smith - Sorry. I don't have an answer why we didn't address this.
    RILB - Mays/Belcher - Sorry. I don't have an answer why we didn't address this.
    I now have to believe that Pioli expects Crennel to get more out of these players than previous coaches were unable to do. Maybe he puts Demorrio Williams and DJ side by side at the ILB positions to help stuff the run. I don't know. I don't see Crennel getting any more speed out of Vrabel to help Hali get some qb pressure. And I don't see Crennel adding 30 lbs to Shaun Smith to stuff the middle of the line. Unless Pioli has something else in mind before the season starts, I don't understand why these basic concerns weren't dealt with.
    Not all doom and gloom though. Berry is a player. But he will need some help in front of him. And our sorry special teams improved dramatically with our 2 2nd round picks. I just hope Pioli knows what he's doing by not addressing the above mentioned needs in this years draft.
    SHUT IT

HOW can anyone be disappointed with the season, we were champions. What did you expect, a super bowl win. We had 10 wins the last three seasons. Praise the success of this season and do not downgrade the effort put forth by this team. If you had any football scene at all you should have been thrilled with a .500 season from a team that only won 2 "2" games last year. We stunk, smelled and were rotten. Did we improve? IYO. IMO we excelled beyond exceptions by a magnitude of so many I cannot compute. So why do we have so many bashers and extreme negative post and get rid of everyone. I just do not understand the lack of appreciation for the effort and the improvement this team has accomplished. GO CHIEFS. Fan for better or worse.

This thread was created last April. It's a conclusion from last season.. not this season.

I'm going to lock it so it doesn't create any confusion.

Resident Celebrity

Quote Originally Posted by stricken721 View Post
    This thread was created last April. It's a conclusion from last season.. not this season.

Nice job stricken!

Quote Originally Posted by stricken721 View Post

I know how to go thru Locks!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VPfQq-q9GA"]YouTube - THRU THE LOCK RESIDENTIAL DOOR RIM LOCK[/ame]

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234