Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Draft Grade Thus Far

Default Draft Grade Thus Far

So throughout the three rounds this is how i grade the Chiefs Picks.

Round 1, Pick #5: S Eric Berry = A+
    You know how i feel about this pick, its simply a homerun.

Round 2, Pick #36: RB/WR Dexter Mcluster = B

(Because he is going to be used as slot receiver and special teams)

Round 2, Pick #50: DB Javier Arenas = C
    Could have went with a few other options here instead. However, I think he is a great addition to our team.

Round 3, Pick # 68: G Jon Asamoah = A- (This was a steal)

Round 3, pick # 93 TE Tony Moeaki = A-
    (Another steal this late in the draft, lets hope he stays healthy)

So if there was a GPA for the first three rounds, the chiefs would have a 3.28. Which is very good in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    I'm not here to educate you. I'm here solely for my entertainment. You are the one that brought up the fact that people here don't know what a safety does. So I'm thinking you are the one that should tell us... Lets hear it.
    You keep me in stitches man!

We all know what honda will say, but I think, as far as Berry goes, I pegged it. Of course, people will argue.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    You keep me in stitches man!

We all know what honda will say, but I think, as far as Berry goes, I pegged it. Of course, people will argue.
    Awesome. Keep all your 7's!!!! (remember that a couple years ago lol!!!)
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    I'm not here to educate you. I'm here solely for my entertainment. You are the one that brought up the fact that people here don't know what a safety does. So I'm thinking you are the one that should tell us... Lets hear it.
    I really do want to know what people think a safety does. I played football for 3 years in high school. Too small to play college, but I really want to coach. I pay attention to alot of things, they way players play in a game. I really want to coach....

First of all a saftey reads. It is going to be a run or pass? If they are covering someone, it really depends on the defense their playing, they will cover and still read the play.

So if it is a pass he covers a man, or a zone..or if the play calls for a biltz then....

But on run. I bet he just stands around. Oh wait! He flys to the ball, like any other player.

If you have ever, watched Berry highlights, you will know he fly's to the football. He might not be the first one there, but he is there..helping..

If he ain't defending the pass, he is defending the run, just like any other player. And Berry with his speed is going to make a big difference in open field takes.

Occasion, I will be he over shoots the defender tho.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    I really do want to know what people think a safety does. I played football for 3 years in high school. Too small to play college, but I really want to coach. I pay attention to alot of things, they way players play in a game. I really want to coach....

First of all a saftey reads. It is going to be a run or pass? If they are covering someone, it really depends on the defense their playing, they will cover and still read the play.

So if it is a pass he covers a man, or a zone..or if the play calls for a biltz then....

But on run. I bet he just stands around. Oh wait! He flys to the ball, like any other player.

If you have ever, watched Berry highlights, you will know he fly's to the football. He might not be the first one there, but he is there..helping..

If he ain't defending the pass, he is defending the run, just like any other player. And Berry with his speed is going to make a big difference in open field takes.

You think it doesn't matter if teams make 8 yards per pass attempt or get 5 YPC. Of course you think safeties can somehow magically win games by getting to a run play after a five yard gain or that a lack of a pass rush won't matter to a safetiy's ability to cover.

Sounds to me like you're leaning a heck of a lot on Berry. I know he's a heck of a player, though I do like his coverage ability more than what he does against the run. I just wish we could've, at least, helped Berry out and got an ILB.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Look, I am not saying Berry should be the first one there. But what about Tyson Jackson, Alex Magee, Glen Dorsey?

Your just going to throw them away. They are good players, they just need a little bit of working from Crennel...with the right training and adjustments, they should get better.

This is Piolis plan, I think. I don't care who else we drafted, or why we didn't draft them. Mike Brown, was not. Glen Doresy is. Tyson Jackson is. They have shown they can be good.

the goal, is to make them good ALL the time...not just once in a blue moon.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Look, I am not saying Berry should be the first one there. But what about Tyson Jackson, Alex Magee, Glen Dorsey?

Your just going to throw them away. They are good players, they just need a little bit of working from Crennel...with the right training and adjustments, they should get better.

This is Piolis plan, I think. I don't care who else we drafted, or why we didn't draft them. Mike Brown, was not. Glen Doresy is. Tyson Jackson is. They have shown they can be good.

the goal, is to make them good ALL the time...not just once in a blue moon.
    A 3-4 defense cannot work without a nose tackle (NT). A nose tackle is a big DT who is strong enough to hold his ground against 2, or even 3, interior lineman. A good nose tackle will prevent teams from running up the middle. This is important because it free up your OLBs to rush the passer, and to allow your ILBs to focus on the ball carrier, as opposed to being blocked by OGs or OTs. A nose tackle is usually 320+ and over 6'4", although a very strong player can be slightly shorter or slightly less heavy.

Dorsey, Magee, Smith, Edwards, and Jackson are not nose tackles (they are 3-4 DEs or 4-3 DTs), although Smith and Edwards have been converted to such, both both are too light, too short, and not strong enough to be proper NTs.

Do you understand now?

Oh for the love of god, put a sock in it...or on your hands.

Ron Edwards is just fine. He isn't terrible, but he isn't the greatest in world. I understand the 3-4 probably better than you. I don't believe are line is as bad as they look.

Ever consider that Pioil didn't care the nose tackles in this draft?

Ron Edwards is just fine. He isn't terrible, but he isn't the greatest in world. I understand the 3-4 probably better than you. I don't believe are line is as bad as they look.

You didn't know what a safety was, so I didn't know if you knew what a nose tackle was.

And your NT is not "fine" if your 3-4 defense ranks 31st in the league against the run. Or do you think that was because of safety play as well?

Ron Edwards SUCKS.
    SHUT IT

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast