Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: for you people who are complaining about the draft

Default for you people who are complaining about the draft

You people would probably build a better team then pioli i'm sure because he does not know what he's doing. Well i for one like the picks mr pioli has drafted so far. And for that person that said herm edwards built a great team think again. Herm edwards didn't build anything except losing. The best draft ever brodie croyle. Yeah that was a great pick. At least we are not getting players like that in this draft.

Quote Originally Posted by DC_Chiefsfan View Post
    Yes but edwards took over the team with much better talent than when haley took over. After that 9-7 season, we were 4-12, then 2-14. Haley took over a 2-14 team. give him some credit that he won 4 freakin games. Haley is already 80x the coach that edwards was.
    Wow...

This is such a grossly incorrect statement, that I just couldn't let it slide. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by endzonewillie View Post
    Moeaki was the best pick we have behind Berry . You may not like him but I am learning to include you in the whiners club.
    Ya know what sucks worse than whiners? People who happily embrace poor decisions. Reminds me of so many Cubs fans.

Quote Originally Posted by endzonewillie View Post
    I eat crow every year when the Chiefs don't make the Superbowl. It is nothing new to me but if your looking to make a stupid childish bet forget it I don't gamble.I would prefer to see the team do well and be positive about them instead of ripping every single move that I don't understand. I would make the suggestion you try and do the same but I just don't believe you could do this.
    Well, if you predict The Chiefs to go to The Super Bowl every year, then logic is lost on you. You already have your mind made up about everything, right?

So, why are you out here trying to argue how reasonable this draft was, if logic has no bearing on your opinion?

As I have said in the past, it may not be the people herm picked in the draft, it may just be herms poor coaching. A team is only as good as it's coach and staff. With everything Pioli has started so far, from Hailey on down we will look like an entirely different team. I for one felt Herm and king carl made some good choices in their last draft, but his coaching and overall outlook is what did us in. He self destructed.

I don't understand what is wrong with adding depth at a kick return. We haven't one since Dante Hall. Our average starting field position was on the 17 yard line. That is terrible. What happens if we get a big kick return for 35 - 40 yards?

It boost momentum, which is a big thing in the NFL. We need that momentum.

There is no reason people should be pissed. This was a great draft. We got the best player in draft. Obviously Pioli didn't think much of Dan Williams. Other wise he would have nabbed him up...same with all the other nose tackles. And nooo...Suh wasn't a NT, he was an interior defensive lineman. He would not have fit well in a 3-4.

I suppose many wanted Suh so I could only hear everyone bi*ch and complain how he made no impact for 2 years here.

You want to see a team that drafted poorly, look at the donks. They picked TebOO in the first round. They could of had him in the second or third round. So they drafted all offensive guys in the meaningful rounds. I look forward to laughing at Denver this year when the Chiefs have a 4 or 5 game lead on them, cause McDainels is a terrible head coach and their owner is just dumb. I saw alot of dumb moves in this draft. SD traded up to get a RB that they could of had at a later time...Buffalo drafted a RB when they really need an OL and a quarter back....I don't want to hear anymore how the Chiefs and Pioli have done a terrible job, I think they picked up some amazing players this year starting with Berry and ending up with Moeki....
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by okikcfan View Post
    As I have said in the past, it may not be the people herm picked in the draft, it may just be herms poor coaching. A team is only as good as it's coach and staff. With everything Pioli has started so far, from Hailey on down we will look like an entirely different team. I for one felt Herm and king carl made some good choices in their last draft, but his coaching and overall outlook is what did us in. He self destructed.
    I think your very right in many ways. What hurt our team the most was Herm getting rid of most of our veteren leadership, include some pretty good vets. There was no one in the lockerroom or in the field to lead. Pioli/Haley have done that part right. We have a pretty good blend of savvy vets (Waters, Vrabel, Jones) and promising rookies (Dorsey, Berry, Jackson). We have field marshals and athelticism.

Where both have gone wrong is their faith in themselves to coach up certain key positions. Herm Edwards really believed he could coach up Tank Tyler, Brodie Croyle, DuJuan Morgan, Brad Cottam, and every other failed 1st, 2nd, and 3rd rounder. He overlooked the necessity of *talent* (see the idiotic cutting of veterens like Mitchell and Napo, and the trading of JA). He wanted players who would embrace his vision and style of play. He got them. They just weren't (for avery large part) great players.

Some were injured way too easily (Cottam, Croyle, Turk). Some just weren't very good (Morgan, Cottam, Tank, Page). Some have turned out (Hali, Dorsey, Bowe, Albert), but most of those aren't playing the role originally envisioned.

I think Pioli and Haley are making the same exact mistake. They are overlooking critical positions because they think they can coach up existing players (Shaun Smith, Ryan O'Callaghan). We reach for projects in the draft because our coaching staff trusts its ability to train them. They're cutting/trading vets they shouldn't cut because the vet doesn't share their vision (Pollard, TG). They're ignoring the need for *talent*.

The Pats (to whom we're necessarily comparing things) didn't do this in 2000-2008. They drafted positions of need in the first four rounds (Wilfork, Warren, Seymour, Light, Merriweather, Mankins, etc.). They traded picks if they saw a good deal (Welker, Moss, Dillon). They did have an odd love for picking TEs high, but only if their other needs were met, and only if they had two picks in the round. They *didn't* reach for guys like McCluster. If they wanted a slot receiver, they drafted one or traded for one. They didn't try to convert a RB. They didn't draft CBs high if they had even serviceable ones.

What we're doing now is not the blueprint that built the Pats. People can't pretend otherwise. Which makes me wonder whether Pioli was the equal to Belichick that everyone thought he was.

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    I don't understand what is wrong with adding depth at a kick return. We haven't one since Dante Hall. Our average starting field position was on the 17 yard line. That is terrible. What happens if we get a big kick return for 35 - 40 yards?

I don't think anyone has said that there was something wrong with adding depth at KR. It's just a matter of prioritizing that over Full-time starting positions in areas of extreme need.

There is no reason people should be pissed. This was a great draft. We got the best player in draft.

This is a big part of the problem. There is no reason for people to be pissed, because you have a high opinion of the draft?

Wouldn't that mean that you have no reason to be pissed? Others don't think it was a great draft. Others don't think we got the best player in the daft.

Obviously Pioli didn't think much of Dan Williams. Other wise he would have nabbed him up...same with all the other nose tackles. And nooo...Suh wasn't a NT, he was an interior defensive lineman. He would not have fit well in a 3-4.

I suppose many wanted Suh so I could only hear everyone bi*ch and complain how he made no impact for 2 years here.

I have not seen a single mention of Suh since he was drafted before we had a chance to pick. But, just as you are assuming that Suh would be "no impact for two years", maybe others feel that way about the players we got. Idf there is any logic in thinking that Suh was gonna be a no impact guy, then the same logic is perfectly applicable to any player in this draft.

You want to see a team that drafted poorly, look at the donks. They picked TebOO in the first round. They could of had him in the second or third round. So they drafted all offensive guys in the meaningful rounds. I look forward to laughing at Denver this year when the Chiefs have a 4 or 5 game lead on them, cause McDainels is a terrible head coach and their owner is just dumb. I saw alot of dumb moves in this draft. SD traded up to get a RB that they could of had at a later time...Buffalo drafted a RB when they really need an OL and a quarter back....I don't want to hear anymore how the Chiefs and Pioli have done a terrible job, I think they picked up some amazing players this year starting with Berry and ending up with Moeki....
    I think you are just willing to accept anything that they might have done in the draft. Because the positions that they selected are the positions needed by a successful team that is looking for "final pieces" to their puzzle, instead of foundation players.

And we were, most definitely, not so good, at 4-12, to be looking for those "final pieces".

So what is the problem then?

You can only go so far in the draft. How about we develop some of the players we have? Maybe Crennel could work the DL to the bone.

Maybe Charlie Wiess can help Cassel be more comfortable. Maybe will be better this year, no Gunther, no Haley BS'ing his way through the year, firing coaches 2 games before the season.

No one should be disappointing. Almost everyone wanted Berry. And we got him. I would given EVERY pick to get him.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

You can only go so far in the draft. How about we develop some of the players we have? Maybe Crennel could work the DL to the bone.

Maybe Charlie Wiess can help Cassel be more comfortable. Maybe will be better this year, no Gunther, no Haley BS'ing his way through the year, firing coaches 2 games before the season.

No one should be disappointing. Almost everyone wanted Berry. And we got him. I would given EVERY pick to get him.
    The problem is that most of us feel that adding talent, instead of just "maybe genius" was needed.

Maybe they can "coach-up" the sub-par players that have been failing for the past couple of seasons. But "probably" not.

There is a limit to how much you can get out of a player with limited skill. Most people feel like more skill was needed to be able to coach them to a decent level of play.

But, what we have, in areas of huge deficiency, are the same, or equal player, expecting the coaching to not only be good, but miraculous, and take all of our major weak-spots, and turn them into strength, with the same weak players.

There is no reason people should be pissed. This was a great draft. We got the best player in draft. Obviously Pioli didn't think much of Dan Williams. Other wise he would have nabbed him up...same with all the other nose tackles. And nooo...Suh wasn't a NT, he was an interior defensive lineman. He would not have fit well in a 3-4.

OK, in order:

1. There's absolutely nothing wrong with boosting your KR. There's a great number of things wrong with boosting your KR when you don't have legitimate starting RTs and NTs. Wouldn't it be smarter to take a project KR in the 5th, and take a starting OLB at the top of the 2nd?

2. I agree that the Berry pick is a very defensible one if you think we're set at LT and you don't like Williams. Truthfully, I'd have rather had McClain or JPP than Berry, simply because I don't think we every start winning games until we fix our pass rush and run defense. But Berry is a good first pick if you address those problems in the 2nd or 3rd. We didn't.

3. Do you see the irony of mocking Buffalo for taking a RB when they needed an OT? Do you not realize that's exactly what we did at 2a? Also, Matthews doesn't drop past the Texans at 20. The Chargers made a smart move trading up. He's LT-lite in his abilities to run, catch, and block. And they have the luxury of trading up because they're set at almost all of their other positions! And while Denver wasted that Tebow pick, the rest of their draft is solid. They fixed their DL (including NT!) in free agency, so they felt they could goof around.

I just don't understand why anyone is supporting this draft. We're not going to be FA players, and building a team with UDFAs got us to 2-14 in 2008. We have one of the worst OLs and front sevens in the NFL. We could have fixed a lot of that, and we didn't do that Pioli/Haley could have fun drafting project players.

OK, here's the way to solve this. Why do you think we were so bad in 2009? Do you really believe we lost 12 games (most by sizeable margins) because of our free safety play?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast