Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: for you people who are complaining about the draft

Default for you people who are complaining about the draft

You people would probably build a better team then pioli i'm sure because he does not know what he's doing. Well i for one like the picks mr pioli has drafted so far. And for that person that said herm edwards built a great team think again. Herm edwards didn't build anything except losing. The best draft ever brodie croyle. Yeah that was a great pick. At least we are not getting players like that in this draft.

Quote Originally Posted by marloweopatchiefs View Post
    For sure i will. I still like pioli though and haley. They are way better then the herm edwards/ carol peterson era.
    Agreed 100%. Rep added.
    Chiefs Nation

Quote Originally Posted by bwilliams View Post
    Edwards/Peterson won 31% of their games.
    Haley/Pioli have won 25% of their games.

Until that Haley/Pioli number goes above the Edwards/Peterson number, I'm not sayin one's better than the other.

You can't even compare yet. Herm edwards and carol peterson worked for 3 years together. Pioli and haley came in playing with the mess that peterson and edwards left behind. They have 1 season under there belt. You can compare the two after about 2 more seasons. What did you expect last year. The staff was working with what they had. Even I knew it would take at least 2-3 years to turn it around. Some people such as yourself have no patience.
    Last edited by marloweopatchiefs; 04-24-2010 at 03:43 PM.

I'm very happy with this draft. I would have taken NT Cam Thomas instead of a 2nd safety, and probably would not have taken Arenas that high, but I am extremely happy with every other pick. This is a B+ draft for me.

You can't even compare yet. Herm edwards and carol peterson worked for 3 years go together. Pioli and haley came in playing with the mess that peterson and edwards left behind. They have 1 season under there belt. You can compare the two after about 2 more seasons. What did you expect last year. The staff was working with what they had. Even I knew it would take at least 2-3 years to turn it around. Some people such as yourself have no patience.
    I agree with this. If Haley/Pioli won 25% of their games in 1 yr vs Edwards/Petersen winning 31% in 3 yrs the math still works against Edwards/Petersen. Not one team can say they went from dead last to the Superbowl in one Management and season change. It takes atleast 2 offseasons to make an effective change in player personal as well we changed our defensive and offensive schemes on the fly so to have any success is encouraging.
    Chiefs Nation

i love the picks. we have playmakers now that this team has lacked for years. i think pioli has done a great job. we will be a very dangerous team this year. and we will be able to put points on the board

Here's the difference. Edwards/Peterson started as a playoff team, and went downhill every season from there. In one season of Pioli/Haley, we already had an improvement over the previous year. Twice as many wins in fact.

You can't even compare yet. Herm edwards and carol peterson worked for 3 years go together. Pioli and haley came in playing with the mess that peterson and edwards left behind. They have 1 season under there belt. You can compare the two after about 2 more seasons. What did you expect last year. The staff was working with what they had. Even I knew it would take at least 2-3 years to turn it around. Some people such as yourself have no patience.
    Man, I'm not disagreeing that we need time to see if this work. Really, I do have plenty of patience. But here's my point:

After we lose in the Wild Card round in 2006, we blow the team up. Herm/Carl decide to build through the draft. Herm trades our best player (JA), ignores the OL, spends a number of high picks on DL (but no big men) and DB, and drafts a ton of projects. They have a ton of faith in their handpicked QB, who most teams see as questionable. Two years later, the Chiefs bottom out at 2-14, and those two are thankfully shown the door.

In 2009 and 2010, Pioli/Haley decides to blow the team up. Pioli/Haley trade our best player (TG), ignore the OL, spend a number of high picks on DL (but no big men) and DB, and draft tons of projects. They have a ton of faith in their handpicked QB, who most teams see as questionable.

Do you see where I'm going with this?

Quote Originally Posted by jpkchiefs View Post
    i love the picks. we have playmakers now that this team has lacked for years. i think pioli has done a great job. we will be a very dangerous team this year. and we will be able to put points on the board
    With the defense we had last season if we could have scored 27 points a game we would have had a winning record. We did pick up 4 defensive players in this draft 2 will play one will start. We definately made our offense better so if we can score 25 points a game and keep our points allowed under 25 we will win games. Simple math and that is how most formulas are made up. On point spreads. If there is a position chart that can show that I want to see it.
    Chiefs Nation

Default ya

Man, I'm not disagreeing that we need time to see if this work. Really, I do have plenty of patience. But here's my point:

After we lose in the Wild Card round in 2006, we blow the team up. Herm/Carl decide to build through the draft. Herm trades our best player (JA), ignores the OL, spends a number of high picks on DL (but no big men) and DB, and drafts a ton of projects. They have a ton of faith in their handpicked QB, who most teams see as questionable. Two years later, the Chiefs bottom out at 2-14, and those two are thankfully shown the door.

In 2009 and 2010, Pioli/Haley decides to blow the team up. Pioli/Haley trade our best player (TG), ignore the OL, spend a number of high picks on DL (but no big men) and DB, and draft tons of projects. They have a ton of faith in their handpicked QB, who most teams see as questionable.

Do you see where I'm going with this?

Pioli even said it would take at least 2 to 3 years to turn the program around. I understand your point and your opinion. Doesn't mean i agree.

Edwards/Peterson won 31% of their games.
    Haley/Pioli have won 25% of their games.

Until that Haley/Pioli number goes above the Edwards/Peterson number, I'm not sayin one's better than the other.
    Yes but edwards took over the team with much better talent than when haley took over. After that 9-7 season, we were 4-12, then 2-14. Haley took over a 2-14 team. give him some credit that he won 4 freakin games. Haley is already 80x the coach that edwards was.
    Great Googly Moogly

RyanD82 - Twitter

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast