Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: for you people who are complaining about the draft

Default for you people who are complaining about the draft

You people would probably build a better team then pioli i'm sure because he does not know what he's doing. Well i for one like the picks mr pioli has drafted so far. And for that person that said herm edwards built a great team think again. Herm edwards didn't build anything except losing. The best draft ever brodie croyle. Yeah that was a great pick. At least we are not getting players like that in this draft.

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    So what is the problem then?

You can only go so far in the draft. How about we develop some of the players we have? Maybe Crennel could work the DL to the bone.

Maybe Charlie Wiess can help Cassel be more comfortable. Maybe will be better this year, no Gunther, no Haley BS'ing his way through the year, firing coaches 2 games before the season.

No one should be disappointing. Almost everyone wanted Berry. And we got him. I would given EVERY pick to get him.
    The only problem with the draft I see is that we didn't address our 2 biggest needs: stopping the run and pressuring the qb...
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by bwilliams View Post
    OK, here's the way to solve this. Why do you think we were so bad in 2009? Do you really believe we lost 12 games (most by sizeable margins) because of our free safety play?
    Cause you couldn't stop the deep pass. So what if a running back gains 5 yards? So what if a WR makes an 8 yard catch. Most of those games we were up or tie, or within a win. You can't let a running back run for 25 yards on ANY down. And you can't...CAN'T let a receiver slip away on 3rd and long. Dallas, the perfect example of a winnable game. Lost because Carr couldn't cover or tackle...and they saftey didn't make the stop. That is what a safety is there for. Mike Brown was slow, and didn't understand pursuit.

Saftey is a big part of this team. Yes, we need a DL. But your going to fire 2 guys you just hired?
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Cause you couldn't stop the deep pass. So what if a running back gains 5 yards? So what if a WR makes an 8 yard catch. Most of those games we were up or tie, or within a win. You can't let a running back run for 25 yards on ANY down. And you can't...CAN'T let a receiver slip away on 3rd and long. Dallas, the perfect example of a winnable game. Lost because Carr couldn't cover or tackle...and they saftey didn't make the stop. That is what a safety is there for. Mike Brown was slow, and didn't understand pursuit.

Saftey is a big part of this team. Yes, we need a DL. But your going to fire 2 guys you just hired?
    OK. This is as simple as I can say it. A team that can rush for 5 YPC or that can average 8 yards per pass attempt will win 100% of the games it plays, unless the opposing team can do the same on offense. There is no exception to this.

If you want to believe otherwise, knock yourself out. But the facts don't back you up.

You HAVE to be able to stuff the run at the line of scrimmage. If you can't do that, you won't win. Safety has ZERO to do with that. He can certainly assist - but the d-line has to make the initial stop - and hopefully the tackle. If the D-line can't do this, the ball will be run down our throats and are safeties will be forced to play up - leaving wide open passing routes for huge gains. It all starts with the D-line, and I dare say, the NT. Which - BTW - we decided not to address in this years draft...
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    You HAVE to be able to stuff the run at the line of scrimmage. If you can't do that, you won't win. Safety has ZERO to do with that. He can certainly assist - but the d-line has to make the initial stop - and hopefully the tackle. If the D-line can't do this, the ball will be run down our throats and are safeties will be forced to play up - leaving wide open passing routes for huge gains. It all starts with the D-line, and I dare say, the NT. Which - BTW - we decided not to address in this years draft...
    I wondered why people don't understand. That is the reason. They think that a team that can stop the long ball will win games. They don't understand that most teams would prefer to run the ball 50 times a game and control the clock if they could get away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Yes, the D-line has a lot to do with stopping the run, but in a 3-4, the primary run-stoppers are the linebackers. The NT and the Linebackers should've been priority #1 in this draft and we got nothing. That's pretty pathetic.

Ok so when kc is winning i hope all the people who didn't like are draft picks are here.

Quote Originally Posted by marloweopatchiefs View Post
    Ok so when kc is winning i hope all the people who didn't like are draft picks are here.
    I will be here. Just like after each of the past three drafts.

Quote Originally Posted by marloweopatchiefs View Post
    I ain't going nowhere - win or lose.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by bwilliams View Post
    OK, here's the way to solve this. Why do you think we were so bad in 2009? Do you really believe we lost 12 games (most by sizeable margins) because of our free safety play?

This is a great point and exactly why I didn't want a Safety taken with our first pick.

I still think Safety was a ned on this team, so I am OK with the pick but would have preferred a NT or LB taken with the pick. I think the 2010 Chiefs defense will come down to 3 major people:
    Romeo Crennel - Can he get more out the existing guys we have? Jackson, Hali, Johnson, Dorsey are all 1st round draft picks.
    Derrick Johnson - Can he finally become the LB that he was drafted to be?
    Shaun Smith - Can he become a legit NT for the Chiefs?

I like the chances of Crennel and DJ. Not so much on Smith. Just my opinion.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast