Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: for you people who are complaining about the draft

Default for you people who are complaining about the draft

You people would probably build a better team then pioli i'm sure because he does not know what he's doing. Well i for one like the picks mr pioli has drafted so far. And for that person that said herm edwards built a great team think again. Herm edwards didn't build anything except losing. The best draft ever brodie croyle. Yeah that was a great pick. At least we are not getting players like that in this draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    This is a great point and exactly why I didn't want a Safety taken with our first pick.

I still think Safety was a ned on this team, so I am OK with the pick but would have preferred a NT or LB taken with the pick. I think the 2010 Chiefs defense will come down to 3 major people:
    Romeo Crennel - Can he get more out the existing guys we have? Jackson, Hali, Johnson, Dorsey are all 1st round draft picks.
    Derrick Johnson - Can he finally become the LB that he was drafted to be?
    Shaun Smith - Can he become a legit NT for the Chiefs?

I like the chances of Crennel and DJ. Not so much on Smith. Just my opinion.
    I'm with you. My concern with Smith is obviously his history - being released by 7 teams in 7 years. And his size. But Crennel knows him and coached him, so we'll see.
    I'm getting tired of sundays without a Chiefs game. I'm ready for the season to start...
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    This is a great point and exactly why I didn't want a Safety taken with our first pick.

I still think Safety was a ned on this team, so I am OK with the pick but would have preferred a NT or LB taken with the pick. I think the 2010 Chiefs defense will come down to 3 major people:
    Romeo Crennel - Can he get more out the existing guys we have? Jackson, Hali, Johnson, Dorsey are all 1st round draft picks.
    Derrick Johnson - Can he finally become the LB that he was drafted to be?
    Shaun Smith - Can he become a legit NT for the Chiefs?

I like the chances of Crennel and DJ. Not so much on Smith. Just my opinion.
    Here's the thing. I think Romeo Crennel will be a good-to-excellent DC for us. I just have no idea how he's going to stop the run without continually sticking eight in the box, and I have no idea how he plans to get to the passer without continuously blitzing. If we do either of those, I think we'll get killed in the intermediate passing game. If we don't I think we get gouged on the ground. Somebody, please tell me why I'm wrong! Please, tell me how we're going to stop the run with no true ILBs or NT!

I don't know about DJ. I don't know if he's tough enough to be a good ILB against the run, and I don't think he's big enough to be a legit OLB. The man just seems built to be a weakside 4-3 LB. He'll be great to cycle in at ILB on passing downs, but I just don't think he's going to be an everydown LB for us.

I really like the signing of Smith. I think he'd be an excellent backup/rotation guy if we got a mammoth two-down NT like Cody or Wilfork. He's mean, about the right size (a little light and not as strong as you want, but very serviceable), and he did OK in Crennel's defense in Cleveland. But it terrifies me that this is our opening day NT. That we're expecting him to be a three-down NT when he's never been able to be that in the NFL! I mean, even in his best years (Cleveland, 2007-2008) his teams were near the bottom of the league in run defense (27th and 28th, respectively). Why do people think that, with the same coach as he had there (Crennel), he's going to be magically better?

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    I'm with you. My concern with Smith is obviously his history - being released by 7 teams in 7 years. And his size. But Crennel knows him and coached him, so we'll see.
    I'm getting tired of sundays without a Chiefs game. I'm ready for the season to start...
    I think we all are getting sick of being without our chiefs thats why we are on this site everyday. Can't wait for the season GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456