Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: allan fanneca is a free agent

Default allan fanneca is a free agent

the jets just dropped the pro bowl guard

Quote Originally Posted by bwilliams View Post
    It's because you obviously don't know who the man is or how good he is. You're just going off what you read.
    In 50 yrs I have never watched a Chiefs game.
    Chiefs Nation

Can't we all just get along? Faneca seems like a NY versiion of Brian Waters. Pro-bowl G that is past his prime with maybe 1-2 years left in the tank.

I doubt the Chiefs will be looking to bring in that type of player. He could be better than lilja or waters, but marginally. And with his salary demands, I doubt that we would use a roster spot on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Can't we all just get along? Faneca seems like a NY versiion of Brian Waters. Pro-bowl G that is past his prime with maybe 1-2 years left in the tank.

I doubt the Chiefs will be looking to bring in that type of player. He could be better than lilja or waters, but marginally. And with his salary demands, I doubt that we would use a roster spot on him.

Quote Originally Posted by endzonewillie View Post
    In 50 yrs I have never watched a Chiefs game.
    You've been watching since you were -38?

Quote Originally Posted by bwilliams View Post
    You've been watching since you were -38?
    yea I was 38 in 1960. oof you really need to grow up.
    Chiefs Nation

Pioli won't take Faneca based on his age and salary as you stated. If and it is a huge if that he could still get it done past the age of 40 he may be a good pick up but that is a very huge if.
    We just signed Casey Wiegman at 37. How could you possibly assume Pioli wont sign any player cause of age. To me it seems very apparent that Pioli is only interested in getting guys in here that fits his mold.

Before any more of this Piloi wont do this or that... Go back and read thread after thread about how Pioli will NEVER draft Eric Berry.

I think it is safe to say that the majority of us don't know ****!!! (and since I know it is sensored, It is crap... but the bad word)

yea I was 38 in 1960. oof you really need to grow up.
    That would explain it. I figured it was either senility or immaturity.

....For a reason.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    Faneca is really bad now. I know he was really good when he was younger, but now he was very bad last season despite making the pro bowl because of his name.

ProFootballFocus.com - By Position

We're set at OG now anyway with Waters, Asamoah, and Lilja.
    Yeah, he was clearly horrible. And somehow, the Jets managed to be the top rushing team in The NFL.

He continued to mangle defenders in '09, just as he had done in previous years while clearing paths for Jerome Bettis and Willie Parker.

Not that we should go get him. We have a roster fuill of OGs. But there was nothing wrong with his play in '09. The Jets will regret losing him.

You didn't know we picked up Chris Weigman in this offseason? We don't need a C we need a RT that is about it on the line at this point. Do some research please.
    Research? What do you want research for? So you can use blind faith to trump logic?

Nah. The evidence against our O-line is all around you. I'm not going to waste time pointing you in the right direction, just to have you close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post

I don't want to have us run off and chase Faneca. But he is getting a bad rap.

Since he arrived in New York, the Jets have gone from 19th (2007, prior to Faneca) to 9th (2008) to 1st (2009) in rushing, in the NFL.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast