View Poll Results: What grade to you give this years draft picks?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • A+

2 4.00%
  • A

3 6.00%
  • A-

4 8.00%
  • B+

14 28.00%
  • B

14 28.00%
  • B-

3 6.00%
  • C+

2 4.00%
  • C

2 4.00%
  • C-

3 6.00%
  • D+

3 6.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Draft Grades

Default Draft Grades

What grade do you give the 2010 NFL Draft?

I really liked the first 5 picks; Eric Berry, Dexter McCluster, Javier Arenas, Jon Asamoah and Tony Moeaki!

I think they were all great picks but the last 2 kind of ruined it. No Cam thomas when he was available at both 5a and 5b and they didn't draft a LB either (although Cameron Sheffield is listed as a LB).

So, my draft grade for this year, B+

Last edited by AussieChiefsFan; 04-24-2010 at 09:37 PM.

The did draft a linebacker, Cameron Sheffield is a Linebacker. he's not much really and I don't expect him to make much on the team, but he is getting his shot and maybe he is a diamond in the rough.

I have made my thoughts very clear on this draft. While I expect all three of those top picks to make an impact for the team, and likely Asamoah till as well, I don't expect much from Moaeki.

I think there are other needs that we needed to address in the second round, and the pick up of three defensive backs in the draft is a little mind boggling to me, I would give the overall draft grade a C verging on a C-.

This might well go up with the other moves that Pioli may be thinking of doing in the remainder of the offseason. If he is able to bring in one more solid linebacker, nose tackle and offensive tackle, I will be happier with these picks. If we leave things the way they are now, I would stay with my grade of a C+.

There were just too many other more glaring needs than getting two potential return players with 2nd round picks.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

In terms of talent, this draft is a B. We got some very talented players in Arenas, Berry, Asamoah, and some talented (but very risky) players in Moeaki and McCluster. Both of our 5ths might turn out to be very good special teams/backup players.

In terms of getting us more than four wins in 2010, this draft is a D. Berry and Arenas will help in coverage, and Asamoah will help our interior line, but out biggest three problems were:

1. Bad rush defense
    2. Bad pass rush
    3. Bad pass protection

Our draft did not improve those three areas. It does not matter how good our safeties are if we can't generate a pass rush. It does not matter how good our KR/PR is if our QB is sacked 60 times next year (see Cribbs, Joshua). It does not matter what we do at all if teams can run 5 YPC and wear our defense out by keeping them on the field 40 minutes a game.

Quote Originally Posted by bwilliams View Post
    In terms of talent, this draft is a B. We got some very talented players in Arenas, Berry, Asamoah, and some talented (but very risky) players in Moeaki and McCluster. Both of our 5ths might turn out to be very good special teams/backup players.

In terms of getting us more than four wins in 2010, this draft is a D. Berry and Arenas will help in coverage, and Asamoah will help our interior line, but out biggest three problems were:

1. Bad rush defense
    2. Bad pass rush
    3. Bad pass protection

Our draft did not improve those three areas. It does not matter how good our safeties are if we can't generate a pass rush. It does not matter how good our KR/PR is if our QB is sacked 60 times next year (see Cribbs, Joshua). It does not matter what we do at all if teams can run 5 YPC and wear our defense out by keeping them on the field 40 minutes a game.

Our new coaches and an extra year of experience for our young team will make our DL and OL much better, which in turn will make our 2010 draft picks look like better choices, However I would have liked to see an ILB and NT. with that I have to grade our draft a B+

In My Opinion B+

Quote Originally Posted by bwilliams View Post

1. Bad rush defense
    2. Bad pass rush
    3. Bad pass protection

Eric Berry ring any bells?

Quote Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan View Post
    Pas protection, IE O-line protecting the passer. Not Pass Defense, which is where Eric Berry's name would be counted.

Oh, is Berry lining up at left tackle?

EDIT: What chief31 said

For the money we are going to pay him, he had better ring a lot of bells

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Pas protection, IE O-line protecting the passer. Not Pass Defense, which is where Eric Berry's name would be counted.
    Rightio.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast