Casey Wiegmann
    Ryan Lija
    Eric Berry
    Dexter McCluster
    Javier Arenas
    Jon Asomoah
    Tony Moeaki
    Jerheme Urban

So why are some of you whining and nagging about draft picks and offseason moves???

This has been one of the best offseasons that i can remember in a very long time! Remember: Rome wasn't built in a day!

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    The 49ers had a very impressive draft.
    yep, they took two OL in the 1st. and Mays in the 2nd. I'd wager the 49ers are the NFC west champs this year.
    Should be interesting to watch Mays against his old coach.

Quote Originally Posted by AkChief49 View Post
    yep, they took two OL in the 1st. and Mays in the 2nd. I'd wager the 49ers are the NFC west champs this year.
    Should be interesting to watch Mays against his old coach.
    Yeah. He was kinda salty at him for drafting another S when he could have had him.

They may come out slow, but by the end of the season, I expect that they will be looking awefully tough.

Quote Originally Posted by KristofLaw View Post
    I think it's more a question of 1) not getting a preferred player whom one may have been familiar with; and 2) not getting known players on the board who really have just as many questions as those we did pick.

Many of the players we landed I did not see anyone here or other places project to the Chiefs... kinda suggests some level of unknown which is known to cause some level of discomfort. So to go with what has already been mentioned... don't forget we landed quite the coaching staff this off-season, everything will be okay I'm sure.

In my case, at least the 9ers landed Taylor Mayes and not some crap team like say SD or Denver... aside from who we picked up and Sam Bradford he was my main interest in this years draft.
    There were a handful here who felt the Chiefs would draft Berry, me included.

As I've said before, I know little about the Draft, as I don't follow the NCAA. I've learned some by reading discussions here at CC the 3 months leading up to the Draft. I do know about the NFL/Chiefs, including aspects related to the corporate business side of an NFL Franchise.

I did some research on the projected first round draftee's, combined that info with NFL/Chiefs knowledge...came to the conclusion Pioli would likely draft Berry. IMO, there is much more to Pioli's decision of Berry than his simply filling a needed position at Safety. In the mind of a GM...Berry made logical business sense too. I posted my theory as to why Pioli may draft Berry here at CC prior to the Draft, but many said it would never happen, regardless.

I think many fans were fixed firmly on who they felt the Chiefs needed to select based upon one problem area only...such as preventing QB sacks. Well, a good GM on the other hand must look at that problem, as well as, a broader range of problem areas, including related to the Chiefs being a business for profit & public relations.

Berry has a high potential to help solve many problem area's facing an NFL Franchise and GM, and quickly, that Okung & other's didn't have, rather they had potential to help solve fewer problems, and not as quickly, and other's can be found to fill those positions of equal talent...not so by comparison to Berry's potential talent.

Berry's predicted potential =

1) filling a needed position at Safety
    2) contributing to more wins
    3) making unhappy fans happy...Berry was a popular choice among fans...the crowd at Draft Day with excitement cheered loudly when Berry's name was announced = points in public relations = profit
    4) selling tickets...as fans anticipate Berry being a playmaker during games = profit
    5) NFL Star power = profit in merchandise sales & endorsements
    6) High possiblity of becoming a Pro-Bowler = profit in many aspects

I hope all that made sense, as I'm pre-occupied with unrelated thoughts, haha.
    Last edited by Connie Jo; 04-26-2010 at 12:12 AM.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    There were a handful here who felt the Chiefs would draft Berry, me included.

As I've said before, I know little about the Draft, as I don't follow the NCAA. I've learned some by reading discussions here at CC the 3 months leading up to the Draft. I do know about the NFL/Chiefs, including aspects related to the corporate business side of an NFL Franchise.

I did some research on the projected first round draftee's, combined that info with NFL/Chiefs knowledge...came to the conclusion Pioli would likely draft Berry. IMO, there is much more to Pioli's decision of Berry than his simply filling a needed position at Safety. In the mind of a GM...Berry made logical business sense too. I posted my theory as to why Pioli may draft Berry here at CC prior to the Draft, but many said it would never happen, regardless.

I think many fans were fixed firmly on who they felt the Chiefs needed to select based upon one problem area only...such as preventing QB sacks. Well, a good GM on the other hand must look at that problem, as well as, a broader range of problem areas, including related to the Chiefs being a business for profit & public relations.

Berry has a high potential to help solve many problem area's facing an NFL Franchise and GM, and quickly, that Okung & other's didn't have, rather they had potential to help solve fewer problems, and not as quickly, and other's can be found to fill those positions of equal talent...not so by comparison to Berry's potential talent.

Berry's predicted potential =

1) filling a needed position at Safety
    2) contributing to more wins
    3) making unhappy fans happy...Berry was a popular choice among fans...the crowd at Draft Day with excitement cheered loudly when Berry's name was announced = points in public relations = profit
    4) selling tickets...as fans anticipate Berry being a playmaker during games = profit
    5) NFL Star power = profit in merchandise sales & endorsements
    6) High possiblity of becoming a Pro-Bowler = profit in many aspects

I hope all that made sense, as I'm pre-occupied with unrelated thoughts, haha.

You said it very well!

He was my first choice as well,
    I thought he was the best player for the money, with the least chance for BUST.

I'll admit I was negative after seeing the picks on the 2nd day of the draft. Some of it was as mentioned previously picking guys that I didn't know. But some that I not heard of i.e. McCluster but picking them to early (by my thoughts).

I always hope that every player the Chiefs pick will be a pro bowl player. The other thing that wasn't mentioned but was a cause for me being upset was that to me we need LB'ers and we didn't address this with a higher round draft pick. Yes there's off season but lots of people (myself included) live in the now and I want instant gratification dangit!

I think we could lable this draft "the year of the playmakers draft." The first three picks were all playmakers who could make an immediate impact. I am also already excited about this upcoming season for sure. Just let me know when the Eric Berry jerseys are ready!

Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla Garilla View Post
    We have greatly improved this year with the addition of:

Thomas Jones
    Casey Wiegmann
    Ryan Lija
    Eric Berry
    Dexter McCluster
    Javier Arenas
    Jon Asomoah
    Tony Moeaki
    Jerheme Urban

So why are some of you whining and nagging about draft picks and offseason moves???

This has been one of the best offseasons that i can remember in a very long time! Remember: Rome wasn't built in a day!
    Our free agency was awesome, but the draft still sucks and we didn't address the NT position or our d-line really at all, but we did draft like 3 db's guess everyones getting the boot but flowers.

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    Our free agency was awesome, but the draft still sucks and we didn't address the NT position or our d-line really at all, but we did draft like 3 db's guess everyones getting the boot but flowers.
    Were the available NTs better that Shaun Smith?
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

From one person who said Pioli was not going to pick Berry, I sit corrected. The reasons I did not think he would pick him are many and I think the problems with that pick are just beginning, but I hope Pioli is the kind of guy that I think he is at getting players to resign. If he is not, Berry will be with us for 3 or 4 years and then be gone because of his high salary requirements.

So, as far as me being wrong about Pioli never picking Berry. I was wrong, yep, I was wrong, let me say it again, I WAS WRONG!!! Didn't hear that, let me turn it up!!! I WAS WRONG!!!!

I know, I know, I am as shocked as you are about me being wrong, but don't let it be said that Hayvern never admits when he was wrong... Did I happen to say I WAS WRONG?

Geez, talking about nagging!

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Were the available NTs better that Shaun Smith?
    No love for Terrence Cody?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast