Casey Wiegmann
    Ryan Lija
    Eric Berry
    Dexter McCluster
    Javier Arenas
    Jon Asomoah
    Tony Moeaki
    Jerheme Urban

So why are some of you whining and nagging about draft picks and offseason moves???

This has been one of the best offseasons that i can remember in a very long time! Remember: Rome wasn't built in a day!

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Chiefs sign free agent defensive tackle Shaun Smith from Cincinnati

We signed a NT this year. As well as the one we had last year who was not terrible for a first time NT. Everyone acts like we didnt get anyone to play that position and we did!! Is he a 10 time pro bowler? No Are the some question surrounding him? Sure but he may very well turn out to play just fine for us. I trust Romo Crennels opinion (about a player that he has coached) more than I trust the opinion of some guy on the internet. Everyone acts like we needed help at every position, but this was a draft where there was not a ton of NT talent available, and our management just might have the forsight to fill that hole now and address it next draft. Thats fine with me.

Pioli and staff did not go inhe same direction that I would have in the draft, but I have not won as many SuperBowl as they have so Im gonna trust in what they have going on right now. I think we are 1 pass rushing LB away from having a pretty bada$$ Defense. New coaching and maturity along the D line will change a lot of things on this team. There is still talent out there in FA. The regular season has not started yet!!
    Nicely put.

I would have preferred Okung to Berry, but I am not at all unhappy with our first pick selection. I think Berry is a solid pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Nicely put.

I would have preferred Okung to Berry, but I am not at all unhappy with our first pick selection. I think Berry is a solid pick.
    Keeply agree Okung would have solidified our line, the man is a beast.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    From one person who said Pioli was not going to pick Berry, I sit corrected. The reasons I did not think he would pick him are many and I think the problems with that pick are just beginning, but I hope Pioli is the kind of guy that I think he is at getting players to resign. If he is not, Berry will be with us for 3 or 4 years and then be gone because of his high salary requirements.

So, as far as me being wrong about Pioli never picking Berry. I was wrong, yep, I was wrong, let me say it again, I WAS WRONG!!! Didn't hear that, let me turn it up!!! I WAS WRONG!!!!

I know, I know, I am as shocked as you are about me being wrong, but don't let it be said that Hayvern never admits when he was wrong... Did I happen to say I WAS WRONG?

Geez, talking about nagging!
    Ummmmmmmmm, did you say you were wrong; I didn't quite catch that. j/k

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    Keeply agree Okung would have solidified our line, the man is a beast.
    It would, in deed, have been nice to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    Reading some posts bashing every aspect of the Chiefs Draft, and the Chiefs in general...over the last few days has been disheartening to say the least. I understand & respect that everyone has a right to their opinion & to express it, but some are nothing but negative. The impression I'm left with is that even if we won the Super Bowl there would be bashing criticism of us not doing it right...we should've done this or that.

I have been nothing but positive since the win over Denver in Denver. From there we had significant & promising coaching changes, of which it is being said by a majority among the NFL, that the Chiefs have assembled one of, if not the best coaching staff in the NFL. Our off season moves & changes are intimidating our Rivals! A majority believe the Chiefs will have a legitimate shot at the AFC West Title, and be the turn around team in 2010. To read some posts here however, one would think our Chiefs are not only doomed in 2010, but we will be the worst team in the NFL!

We have drafted some young talented players of whom many professional analysts, as well as fans of other teams...are not only impressed with, but saying we have drafted some exceptional talented atheletes who will help the Chiefs win. We aren't done yet! We still have until September to improve our team further through the FA, trades.

Furthermore...many make no mention of there being many uusual negative factor's & circumstances last year beyond many players control, of which affected their game...including the firing of our OC & throwing out the playbook 2 wks before regular season began. There was the LJ fiasco, Bowe's suspension, injuries, a new GM & coaches, so much more that other teams in the NFL did not face in such abundance.

With all those obstacles & distractions affecting our Chiefs...we managed to win 4 games, twice as many as the year before...we ended the season in the most incredible way possible! Beating Denver IN Denver, and by many points! We had players set NFL records in that game, as well as franchise records!

Those many negative aspects our Chiefs faced in 2009 are not factored into stats, and the stat's don't tell the rest of the story. I don't believe it's possible to judge any aspect of the 2009 Chiefs fairly, including the OL. I don't believe our 2009 Chiefs team was as bad as our record indicates. I think Pioli & coaching staff hold that same opinion, which likely is why they aren't addressing some issues in the draft some fans feel they should have.

The 2010 season has not even begun yet, and there is absolutely no justified reason to be so negative, rather the opposite...we have so much to look forward to positively as we enter a new season.

GO CHIEFS 2010! YEEHAW! We're back!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Hey CJ - it is a public forum after all. Its a place to express our opinions - some good, some not so good. We all want the same thing here - for our Chiefs to be a perrenial playoff contender and get to, and win, the superbowl!
    I have been negative sometimes - but its how I feel. I am still optimistc! I am slowly starting to warm up to our draft picks. I am no expert on the NFL and the draft - just one fans opinion. I think Berry is a fantastic pick and will be awesome playing centerfield in our defense. Both our 2nd round picks will improve our special teams dramatically! Pioli wanted a faster team, and we are definetely faster today!
    Our most pressing need on this team was to stop the run and get to the QB. Perhaps Pioli didn't address this because he didn't see the personnel in the draft to do it. Or maybe he will during FA. Or maybe he does it next draft. Or maybe he doesn't address this at all. Maybe he is hoping Crennel can raise the bar on our existing players. I don't know! All I know is that our defense was terrible last year and it needs to improve for us to compete...
    I am not sold on Pioli/Haley yet - they are both new at their respective positions. But I am most definetely rooting for them to get our Chiefs to the next level...
    Nicely put, both of you, I appreciate both your optimism and a healthy dose of scrutiny. It's what makes this forum function.

If you encounter a troll who does nothing more then take an opposing, disrespectful point of view for the sole purpose of eliciting an equal and opposite response; then I implore you to: "...not feed the trolls".

Thank you.
    Last edited by Chiefster; 05-03-2010 at 03:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    No love for Terrence Cody?
    Im honestly asking. Im not all that up to date on NCAA talent. I mostly get what I read here about guys. I did have some doubt about Cody because of his weight. I just think that Shaun Smith is a band aid until we get into next years draft where there are better options to upgrade the position. I think Pioli and staff are looking at the long term fix and that they decided to go get a better NT next year as opposed to getting the best of a bunch of average NTs.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Im honestly asking. Im not all that up to date on NCAA talent. I mostly get what I read here about guys. I did have some doubt about Cody because of his weight. I just think that Shaun Smith is a band aid until we get into next years draft where there are better options to upgrade the position. I think Pioli and staff are looking at the long term fix and that they decided to go get a better NT next year as opposed to getting the best of a bunch of average NTs.
    If Shaun Smith is a band-aid, then John Henderson would be a medicated field dressing applied by a medic. I hope we sign Henderson.

I believe you are right.

If we get Hendersen the band aid will come off and we will have new skin under that scab.
    Chiefs Nation

Honestly, I was one of those who said Pioli would not pick Berry, and when Okung was on the board at #5 I thought for sure they would pick him. I am not at all disapppointed that they picked Berry, I was just a little suprised. I too was wrong......I just hope at this point in time that things go very well with Henderson and they tell us that he has been signed by Thursday!!!!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast