Casey Wiegmann
    Ryan Lija
    Eric Berry
    Dexter McCluster
    Javier Arenas
    Jon Asomoah
    Tony Moeaki
    Jerheme Urban

So why are some of you whining and nagging about draft picks and offseason moves???

This has been one of the best offseasons that i can remember in a very long time! Remember: Rome wasn't built in a day!

We had a very good draft in terms of overall talent.

In my opinion though, if the OL is noticeably improved over last year, then I think when can call the draft of 2010 a success. If OL isn't better than last year then, I'm not impressed at all in this year's draft.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalT View Post
    We had a very good draft in terms of overall talent.

In my opinion though, if the OL is noticeably improved over last year, then I think when can call the draft of 2010 a success. If OL isn't better than last year then, I'm not impressed at all in this year's draft.

I think our OL will be better then last year, But Cassel getting sacked so much does NOT mean we had a bad OL. When he was in New England he was the league's most sacked as well and they had a very good OL, Also they had very good Wr's.

Last year our biggest problem (after they got rid of crybaby walking back) was Cassel not getting rid of the ball. Maybe bad play calling too.

Sure our OL didn't pick up many blitzes and they are not the best in the league, but they are not that bad either.

The QB has to take control of the offense and get the ball to the recievers,and of course they need to CATCH THE BALL.

Thats where McCluster comes in at...speed and good hands! He WILL make the QB, OL, and running game better.
    Last edited by 70 chiefsfan70; 04-27-2010 at 03:45 PM. Reason: mispelled

Quote Originally Posted by 70 chiefsfan70 View Post
    I think our OL will be better then last year, But Cassel getting sacked so much does NOT mean we had a bad OL. When he was in New England he was the league's most sacked as well and they had a very good OL, Also they had very good Wr's.

Last year our biggest problem (after they got rid of crybaby walking back) was Cassel not getting rid of the ball. Maybe bad play calling too.

Sure our OL didn't pick up many blitzes and they are not the best in the league, but they are not that bad either.

The QB has to take control of the offense and get the ball to the recievers,and of course they need to CATCH THE BALL.

Thats where McCluster comes in at...speed and good hands! He WILL make the QB, OL, and running game better.

Thats my biggest Concern with Cassle. I sat there time and time again yelling for him to throw the ball away. He took a lot of sacks that he shouldn't have taken. Hopefuly the new coaching staff can get him out of that habbit. Thats the only thing that I think is holding Cassle back from being a very good qb.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Thats my biggest Concern with Cassle. I sat there time and time again yelling for him to throw the ball away. He took a lot of sacks that he shouldn't have taken. Hopefuly the new coaching staff can get him out of that habbit. Thats the only thing that I think is holding Cassle back from being a very good qb.
    I do believe he will be better this year, new coaching will help along with getting used to the WR's and also better WR's . The running game will be better and I think teams will be less likely to blitz will the McCluster affect. Cassel should have his best year yet.

I can't agree with you. Having one of the highest sack ratings in the league does mean our OL is bad.

From what I saw last year, most of the time our receivers couldn't even get 20 yards down field before Cassel had to throw. Sometimes less. I'm sure he Cassel could get rid of the ball faster but that was not the reason for all those sacks.

Quote Originally Posted by 70 chiefsfan70 View Post

I can't agree with you. Having one of the highest sack ratings in the league does mean our OL is bad.

From what I saw last year, most of the time our receivers couldn't even get 20 yards down field before Cassel had to throw. Sometimes less. I'm sure he Cassel could get rid of the ball faster but that was not the reason for all those sacks.

what does it mean when you have a 1000 yd RB in 8 games?
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

That's not a bad point. Certainly if we can come anywhere close to this next season the passing game should open up.

But if we're running well then the number of sacks should fall too ... right? I certainly wouldn't mind being wrong about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    It means there is a possibility of 2000 yds in 16 games...
    SHUT IT

I don't think that anyone was saying that our O line did not struggle last season. But there were sometimes that they did there job an Cassle did not get rid of the football. I think the statement was more saying that Cassle needs to improve on that not that the O line was good.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I don't think that anyone was saying that our O line did not struggle last season. But there were sometimes that they did there job an Cassle did not get rid of the football. I think the statement was more saying that Cassle needs to improve on that not that the O line was good.
    Keep in mind that there will be times when the Oline will be superb and Cassell will have no place to throw the ball. That would mean the coverage is doing their job. It is better Matt not throw an INT than force a ball where it shouldn't go. With all of our weapons aquired in the draft and in FA as well as UDFA Cassell should have someone to throw the ball to.
    Chiefs Nation

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast