Casey Wiegmann
    Ryan Lija
    Eric Berry
    Dexter McCluster
    Javier Arenas
    Jon Asomoah
    Tony Moeaki
    Jerheme Urban

So why are some of you whining and nagging about draft picks and offseason moves???

This has been one of the best offseasons that i can remember in a very long time! Remember: Rome wasn't built in a day!

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    my biggest problem is one of the CHIEFS biggest problems, a 3-4 defense w/o a true nose tackle. we had a couple of chances to pick one and didn't, i hope Pioli has a trade or FA signing ahead. the O line has been upgraded to an average NFL line only a solid LT away from the next level. secondary lookin good, offensive weapons upgraded as well. just pleeeeeease get a NT.
    im sure they just werent impressed with any of the NTs in the draft otherwise they would have taken one.. if they didnt believe any of the NTs was the future NT of the chiefs then im happy they didnt take one

Quote Originally Posted by diehardkcfan View Post
    im sure they just werent impressed with any of the NTs in the draft otherwise they would have taken one.. if they didnt believe any of the NTs was the future NT of the chiefs then im happy they didnt take one
    Thats kinda my thinking. Next years draft I think has some quality NT's coming out...
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Hey CJ - it is a public forum after all. Its a place to express our opinions - some good, some not so good. We all want the same thing here - for our Chiefs to be a perrenial playoff contender and get to, and win, the superbowl!
    I have been negative sometimes - but its how I feel. I am still optimistc! I am slowly starting to warm up to our draft picks. I am no expert on the NFL and the draft - just one fans opinion. I think Berry is a fantastic pick and will be awesome playing centerfield in our defense. Both our 2nd round picks will improve our special teams dramatically! Pioli wanted a faster team, and we are definetely faster today!
    Our most pressing need on this team was to stop the run and get to the QB. Perhaps Pioli didn't address this because he didn't see the personnel in the draft to do it. Or maybe he will during FA. Or maybe he does it next draft. Or maybe he doesn't address this at all. Maybe he is hoping Crennel can raise the bar on our existing players. I don't know! All I know is that our defense was terrible last year and it needs to improve for us to compete...
    I am not sold on Pioli/Haley yet - they are both new at their respective positions. But I am most definetely rooting for them to get our Chiefs to the next level...
    I'm not referring to a healthy fair balance of positive and negative opinions, such as you personally hold, bike. Rather, the many continued posts of which read to have no positivity at all...doom, doom, doom.

The intention of my post was to simply bring to the forum some balance, as the scales in my opinion, appeared to be tipped, or tipping more in favor of negativity.

My personality is naturally one of which will always stand up for & defend the positive aspects of our Chiefs vs. the negative, especially when one sided debates occur. Besides, being negative just plain feels like crap, and being positive feels GREAT! I'd rather feel great than like crap, hahaha.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Absoluely none?
    Not from my point of view, hahahaha.

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    I'm not referring to a healthy fair balance of positive and negative opinions, such as you personally hold, bike. Rather, the many continued posts of which read to have no positivity at all...doom, doom, doom.

The intention of my post was to simply bring to the forum some balance, as the scales in my opinion, appeared to be tipped, or tipping more in favor of negativity.

My personality is naturally one of which will always stand up for & defend the positive aspects of our Chiefs vs. the negative, especially when one sided debates occur. Besides, being negative just plain feels like crap, and being positive feels GREAT! I'd rather feel great than like crap, hahaha.

I've only noticed myself, bswilliams, chief31, and maybe a couple others that had negative opinions concerning the draft. The overwhelming majority of folks here were actually quite pleased with the draft...
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    I've only noticed myself, bswilliams, chief31, and maybe a couple others that had negative opinions concerning the draft. The overwhelming majority of folks here were actually quite pleased with the draft...
    Honestly, besides my remembering bswilliams, figrostic (sp?)...I couldn't tell you who was posting negatively, but there were sure many negative comments one right after another it seemed to me. Apparently others felt so too, as some started threads countering the negativity...such as Vanilla & Aussie. I think there were many random member negative comments here & there since Thursday night.

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    Honestly, besides my remembering bswilliams, figrostic (sp?)...I couldn't tell you who was posting negatively, but there were sure many negative comments one right after another it seemed to me. Apparently others felt so too, as some started threads countering the negativity...such as Vanilla & Aussie. I think there were many random member negative comments here & there since Thursday night.
    Ahem. I was not negative until Friday evening. I was completely OK with Berry on Thursday (although I would have picked differently).

Quote Originally Posted by bwilliams View Post
    Ahem. I was not negative until Friday evening. I was completely OK with Berry on Thursday (although I would have picked differently).
    Heck, I couldn't tell ya when your first negative comment was, hahaha. What I meant was...negative comments began following the selection of Berry Thursday night, not that you were the first. There were many members making negative comments, some more than others, such as yourself. Some I think may have only made one or two random negative comments here & there, then left, lol.

You didn't leave, you just keep coming back with more, hahaha.

Really, it's all good, I simply am doing what you're doing, only I'm on the opposite side of the scales...the positive side.

I think it's more a question of 1) not getting a preferred player whom one may have been familiar with; and 2) not getting known players on the board who really have just as many questions as those we did pick.

Many of the players we landed I did not see anyone here or other places project to the Chiefs... kinda suggests some level of unknown which is known to cause some level of discomfort. So to go with what has already been mentioned... don't forget we landed quite the coaching staff this off-season, everything will be okay I'm sure.

In my case, at least the 9ers landed Taylor Mayes and not some crap team like say SD or Denver... aside from who we picked up and Sam Bradford he was my main interest in this years draft.

Quote Originally Posted by KristofLaw View Post
    I think it's more a question of 1) not getting a preferred player whom one may have been familiar with; and 2) not getting known players on the board who really have just as many questions as those we did pick.

Many of the players we landed I did not see anyone here or other places project to the Chiefs... kinda suggests some level of unknown which is known to cause some level of discomfort. So to go with what has already been mentioned... don't forget we landed quite the coaching staff this off-season, everything will be okay I'm sure.

In my case, at least the 9ers landed Taylor Mayes and not some crap team like say SD or Denver... aside from who we picked up and Sam Bradford he was my main interest in this years draft.
    The 49ers had a very impressive draft.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast