Casey Wiegmann
    Ryan Lija
    Eric Berry
    Dexter McCluster
    Javier Arenas
    Jon Asomoah
    Tony Moeaki
    Jerheme Urban

So why are some of you whining and nagging about draft picks and offseason moves???

This has been one of the best offseasons that i can remember in a very long time! Remember: Rome wasn't built in a day!

Quote Originally Posted by endzonewillie View Post
    Keep in mind that there will be times when the Oline will be superb and Cassell will have no place to throw the ball. That would mean the coverage is doing their job. It is better Matt not throw an INT than force a ball where it shouldn't go. With all of our weapons aquired in the draft and in FA as well as UDFA Cassell should have someone to throw the ball to.
    I think by just adding Charlie Weis Cassel and the rest of the offense is MUCH better than last year...
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    I think by just adding Charlie Weis Cassel and the rest of the offense is MUCH better than last year...
    Absolutely couldn't agree with you more. Our offense sputtered at times last year because we had no organization and that will cause bad things to happen. Weis will be the biggest upgrade the team has made for the offense then add in the players being added. Me and my son (Richie 15) did as much research on the players we could find and we created them in Madden 10 and I realize that can't be used for a real look but if the real Chiefs is anything like the Madden team I can't wait to see this start. The defense also is very stiff .
    Chiefs Nation

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    It means there is a possibility of 2000 yds in 16 games...
    If the shoulder popping out can be controlled? That is going to make a short career for JC. I hope that this is not going to happen, I assume that is why we have done some FA signings, JC will not last long. Because of that issue of his shoulder, makes me wonder about longevity, I think he will be the starter at the season opener, but do not know about the last game of the season. I hope he is!

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    If the shoulder popping out can be controlled? That is going to make a short career for JC. I hope that this is not going to happen, I assume that is why we have done some FA signings, JC will not last long. Because of that issue of his shoulder, makes me wonder about longevity, I think he will be the starter at the season opener, but do not know about the last game of the season. I hope he is!
    With JC's speed he should try not to take guys head on. If he has a chance to pick up his yards then step out of bounds it would be in his and the teams best interest. Sure it's always cool to watch 2 players blast into each other but JC is not that type of back.There has been a great many players who have disloacated their shoulder yet still had extraordinary careers. The one that comes to mind without doing research is Emmitt Smith. He disloacted his shoulder against the Giants if I am not mistaken and not only did Emmitt finish that game injured he also went on to pass Walter Payton for the most rushing yards by any NFL rb ever. JC is that same kind of player.
    Chiefs Nation

Absolutely couldn't agree with you more. Our offense sputtered at times last year because we had no organization and that will cause bad things to happen. Weis will be the biggest upgrade the team has made for the offense then add in the players being added. Me and my son (Richie 15) did as much research on the players we could find and we created them in Madden 10 and I realize that can't be used for a real look but if the real Chiefs is anything like the Madden team I can't wait to see this start. The defense also is very stiff .
    Well, adding Crennel to our D was a huge upgrade from last year also. We improved our team dramatically from last year by adding these two coordinators. However, the backbone of a 3-4 is the NT. I guess we couldn't get what we wanted in the draft - and it needs to be fixed. Also Vrabel isn't getting ant younger, and not sure he has the speed required to get to the QB. And Studebaker may be an adequate backup and a special teamer - but really doesn't instill a lot of fear in opposing offenses. I'm not as concerned at ILB as some here, as I think Williams and DJ can flourish under Crennel...
    So my major concerns come down to this:
    On defense - LOLB and NT
    On offense - Cassel

Cassel has the tools he needs to succeed now. Some may argue the OL is still in shambles - but we are making strides. Cassel now has a proven OC, a pro-bowl RB, a new pounder in Thomas Jones, a young, fast slot reciever to complement Bowe and Chambers, and a new TE with good hands. Its a make or break year for Cassel as I see it...
    Last edited by Bike; 04-27-2010 at 11:46 PM.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    Yes. Hence - Thomas Jones.
    SHUT IT

Keep in mind that there will be times when the Oline will be superb and Cassell will have no place to throw the ball. That would mean the coverage is doing their job. It is better Matt not throw an INT than force a ball where it shouldn't go. With all of our weapons aquired in the draft and in FA as well as UDFA Cassell should have someone to throw the ball to.
    Thats when you move outside the pocket in throw the ball into the stands. It won't be a sack or on INT. There were times last season that Matt took a sack when there was enough time to do that. A sack will end drives most times. Hes just got to learn sometimes its better to throw the ball away then to take a sack.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Thats when you move outside the pocket in throw the ball into the stands. It won't be a sack or on INT. There were times last season that Matt took a sack when there was enough time to do that. A sack will end drives most times. Hes just got to learn sometimes its better to throw the ball away then to take a sack.
    Lets not forget that just because he has been in the league for awhile, he is still a pretty green quarterback. Those types of things only come with experience.

I have every reason to believe he will get there.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    That is true , lets just hope that if he gets happy feet because he has pressure he doesn't actually start doing that every time he feels a lil pressure and makes it a habit throwing the ball to the fans . At times that can save the drive but at other times it is a drive killer. Just depends on the situation I guess.
    Chiefs Nation

Couple of thoughts:
    People will be surprised how may carries Thomas Jones will get. In a couple of games, I'm seeing 20 carries and around 10 touches/game besides those couple.

McCluster will struggle at first, but eventually will get adjusted and become a contributor.

We're pretty old at OL, gonna need to draft another G or C because our OL is freakin' old. If we're not careful, we could lose half our OL and be like we were when Roaf, Shields, and Weigman left a couple of years ago.

Love our Secondary, wonder how Page does this year because if it's bad he may be out quick. Unfortunately I think Legget will have a hard time making the team. I wanted us to look at Ken Hamlin in the backfield and we still have a chance.

Just because Crennel is our DC, don't expect dramatic statistical changes. It will take time and our D didn't change much.

After my whining, I'd like to say I'm excited to see what happens. Looks like we will have to outscore teams to win this year. No less than 8-8 for expectations.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678