Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: OK, am I correct that this is our starting lineup now?

Default OK, am I correct that this is our starting lineup now?

OK, am I correct that this is our starting lineup now (new starters astericked)?

Offense:

QB: Cassel
    RB: Charles/Jones*
    FB: Cox
    WR1: Bowe
    WR2: Chambers
    TE: Pope/Moeaki*
    LT: Albert
    LG: Waters
    C: Weigman*
    RG: Asamoah* (probably)
    RT: O'Callahan

Defense:

LDE: Jackson
    NT: Shaun Smith*
    RDE: Dorsey
    LOLB: Vrabel
    LILB: DJ/Mays
    RILB: DeMorrio Williams
    ROLB: Tamba Hali
    CB1: Flowers
    CB2: Carr
    SS: Berry* (I'm guessing)
    FS: Kendrick Lewis* (I'm guessing)

K: Succop
    P: Colquitt
    KR/PR: Arenas*/McCluster*

Sound right?

Page will start next season. I'm willing to put money on that.

You know, maybe Page will play SS. I just read that he played SS all through college, and then played FS in the Tampa 2 under Herm, which splits the field responsibilities in half between the two safeties, so there isn't a huge difference between the two positions like there is in other schemes. Berry at FS obviously utilizes his skillset best as a centerfielder type and our fastest player on defense, though he has no problem hitting people either:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXbGA-d_6Rs&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube- Eric Berry 360 hit[/ame]
    Last edited by yashi; 04-25-2010 at 07:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    Page will start next season. I'm willing to put money on that.

You know, maybe Page will play SS. I just read that he played SS all through college, and then played FS in the Tampa 2 under Herm, which splits the field responsibilities in half between the two safeties, so there isn't a huge difference between the two positions like there is in other schemes. Berry at FS obviously utilizes his skillset best as a centerfielder type and our fastest player on defense, though he has no problem hitting people either:

WOW! I love it, this guy is exciting!

Quote Originally Posted by bwilliams View Post
    A lot of what you wrote is right. But even if you're right, I don't think it matters. I think Cottam is gone. We're not carrying four TEs, and we're not getting rid of Pope, Moeaki, or Connell.

O'Connell only dressed for 4 games last season. If they don't carry 4 TE's he's the odd man out assuming Cottam is healthy. You don't cut a 3rd round pick for a 7th round pick, no matter WHO drafted him.

Same with Page. You may think its a bad move, but I'm pretty sure Page hasn't signed his tender, which makes me think he's either going to be signed long term (unlikely, given that we drafted *two* free safeties), traded (possible), or cut (probable). And really, it's probably better for him that way. Let him pull a Pollard and go to another team.

"Pull a Pollard??" Haley CUT Pollard... which is why our safeties SUCKED so horribly this season. Page will sign and start. count on it. The Chiefs drafted two safeties because neither Brown or McGraw are starters. So, ONE OF THEM was a necessity. The other is to provide depth, not start. Do you honestly think a 5th round Safety is capable of coming onto this team and replacing a productive starter with 4 years experience?

Brown isn't going to be cut. Our interor linemen are Waters, Lilja, Weigman, Niswanger, Brown, and Asamoah. I think Niswanger goes before Brown does, and I think Brown goes back to the practice squad before being cut.

Brown did nothing to secure a spot on this team and you're not going to cut your backup Center in favor of a 5th string OG. Besides, Brown would have to clear waivers before being put on the practice squad. In order for him to clear waivers, he'd first have to be cut...

EDIT: And Moeaki may not be a Tony G., but he could be a nice Jason Dunn for us for the next decade. He'll be a good contributor I think.
    Geez... Moeaki won't be a "Jason Dunn" type player because he's not a good blocking TE. He was drafted PURELY for his pass catching abilities... even though he's slow and can't run good routes. Also, he missed most of 2007 season with a dislocated elbow. Missed 2008 spring practice after having surgery on a broken wrist. Missed time in 2008 with a broken foot, pulled hamstring and a concussion. Missed time in 2009 with an ankle injury.

From what I've read, he is Brad Cottam Redux... except that he can't block well and isn't fast. He's a great athlete with a huge ceiling, but staying healthy is the issue. Hopefully between Cottam and Moeaki, we'll have ONE good TE.

If you're expecting first year starters to come from any of the players taken after the 2nd round, you're going to be VERY disappointed. You can expect some of those players to develop into starters within the next couple years, but they won't be difference makers this or maybe even next year. Expecting Moeaki, Asomoah, Lewis, or any of the UDFAs to start this season, you're being COMPLETELY unrealistic and expecting WAY too much.

How in theeee flaming Hay-uhl can anyone be "correct" about our starting lineup right now? That's a far better question for mid-to-late August.

And is it just me, or do ALL those highlight clips have the most annoying music ever conceived?

well the more i think of it i would rather have berry at FS and page at SS

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    well the more i think of it i would rather have berry at FS and page at SS
    It makes a lot of sense, but I guess we'll see.

Berry = 6', 211 lbs. Extremely fast, with incredible range.

Page = 6', 225 lbs. Big, strong guy, not particularly fast, but a very hard hitter.

Both guys are ball hawks, but Page certainly seems to fit the bill better playing closer to the line of scrimmage with Berry manning deep. Berry is probably the better guy in pursuit and misses less tackles, and cover a lot more ground quicker. You definitely don't want your FS missing many tackles, unless you like giving up touchdowns.
    Last edited by yashi; 04-25-2010 at 09:05 PM.

I will not be at all surprised to see Asamoah starting at RG, Moeaki our starting TE & Lewis our starting nickle back by seasons end, but only time will tell.

This is how I see our starting O-Line looking by late December -

LT Albert, LG Waters, OC Lilja, RG Asamoah, RT OC

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefscrazy View Post
    I will not be at all surprised to see Asamoah starting at RG, Moeaki our starting TE & Lewis our starting nickle back by seasons end, but only time will tell.

This is how I see our starting O-Line looking by late December -

LT Albert, LG Waters, OC Lilja, RG Asamoah, RT OC
    Lilja at C? Interesting..

Lilja at C? Interesting..

Well, nfl.com has him listed as a Center.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Tek View Post
    Hit the nail on the head right here. Page is a fine safety and will be starting immediately. Kendrick Lewis is a special teamer at this point.

Also, Ryan Lilja will be starting over Asamoah. Lilja is a beast.
    Being a Chiefs fan, I have seen plenty of terrible FS play. But I have never seen anyone play it as poorly as Page has.

Unless he learns to, either, tackle, or just stay out of the rest of our defenders' way so they can tackle, I would hate to see him playing for us.

He made a few Ints. So there was something positive to point to with him. But on most plays he was failing miserably to cover the deep middle of the field, or tackling our own defenders and preventing them from making tackles.

Is there an option to leave that position empty and just send 10 guys out there? That may be a better option.

I would be amazed to find that noone would be ble to take the starting spot from him.

And at SS? Page? 31 NFL teams would be thrilled with that and The Chiefs would not be one of them.

I know I am being pretty harsh on him. But he was, seriously, as bad as I have ever seen play the position.

So, unless he has fixed some of his major problems, then I'd really want no part of this guy.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast