Thread: training camp

Default training camp

isnt it in kc again?

and its open to the public?

i might want to go watch and drink a ton of beer

I didn't think training camp was ever in KC? Was in River Falls, WI. for years. This year begins a new training camp tradition...will be held in St. Joseph, MO...Missouri Western College...just off I-29, not far from KC at all.

Yes, it's open to the public, but with it now being closer to KC, and fan attendance expected to be much greater than when in River Falls, I've heard tell it will become more commercialized, so to speak. Not sure how true, but I've heard rumor they will charge a fee now to attend, sell tickets...it was always free in River Falls (I think?).
    Last edited by Connie Jo; 04-25-2010 at 09:09 PM.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Definatley will be going! Its only an hour away.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    I didn't think training camp was ever in KC? Was in River Falls, WI. for years. This year begins a new training camp tradition...will be held in St. Joseph, MO...Missouri Western College...just off I-29, not far from KC at all.

Yes, it's open to the public, but with it now being closer to KC, and fan attendance expected to be much greater than when in River Falls, I've heard tell it will become more commercialized, so to speak. Not sure how true, but I've heard rumor they will charge a fee now to attend, sell tickets...it was always free in River Falls (I think?).
    1991 the chiefs started having training camps in river falls

i know they used to have it at william jewel

Quote Originally Posted by whatwasthat? View Post
    1991 the chiefs started having training camps in river falls

i know they used to have it at william jewel
    You're are right, I was thinking you were asking as in more recent than 20 yrs ago. I had even forgotten they once had training camp in KC, I've become so use to it being in River Falls.

Every year I wanted to go to training camp in RF, but x-hubby didn't, so we never went. I should've went last year after divorce & could go then without his consent, but I didn't, and now regret it.

My Chiefs related friend Kelly lives within a few miles of River Falls. He talks about how great it was attending training camp far from KC & not being overwhelmed with fans. He said there was a one on one atmosphere with the players & coaching staff, that he doesn't think will be that way in St. Joe with it being closer to KC, more fans able to attend.

I dunno, I think it's cool more fans will have the opportunity to attend, and I too will now be able to feasibly attend with it being closer. Missouri Western is about 1 1/2 hrs from me. Since I never attended in RF, I won't know the difference as a fan, as far as if it's better or not than being in RF, haha.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

the cool thing about having it in river falls is there were a lot of packers fans that were in the closet chiefs fans from what ive heard...

that and its cooler in river falls .