Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: McCluster = Incredible acceleration!

Default McCluster = Incredible acceleration!

One thing that kind of disappointed a lot of scouts and draft type people was McCluster's overall 40 yard dash time. They thought he'd be in the 4.3 range and he ended up running a 4.58 and 4.46 at his pro day.

Here's the scary thing though. His 10 yard split, or how fast he runs the first 10 yards of the 40, clocked in at 1.52 seconds. That's a hundreth of a second faster than DeSean Jackson, one of the fastest players in the NFL! His 20 yard split is only 4 hundreths slower than Jackson at 2.56.

So basically, while McCluster seems to lack great top end speed, he reaches it extremely fast, and being his size he is able to turn on a dime. Image this guy running a 10 yard In route from the slot. He is 10 yards downfield in 1.52 seconds, already making his break. So, basically if Cassel can survive in the pocket for 2 seconds, McCluster is already ready to be receiving the ball!

Sorry, got a little nerdy there. But hopefully this excites somebody other than me. I can't wait to see this guy on the field!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Coach; 04-28-2010 at 08:01 AM.

just watch some of his combine drills...the cuts he makes at full speed are ridiculous

didnt he also have the fastest 20 yd shuttle?

This guy is fun to watch, I hope we use him with his best ability and wildcat, or trick play him. It should be very interesting to watch.

I was caught off guard with this pick. Just didn't see it coming, but I absolutely love it. I was hoping that the Chiefs would be able to grab Sproles before he was tagged. I view McCluster as a Sproles/Dante Hall. Maybe with a little better recieving ability than both. With him and JC on the field together will create some serious match up nightmares.

still think we should have picked up Shipley or Tate

Great pick for the Chiefs.A D-fense will get real tired chasing McCluster and J Charles around all day.The give big T Jones the ball and let him smack you right in the mouth.We didnt get all the things we need in the draft but we will be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Boobcrack View Post
    I was caught off guard with this pick. Just didn't see it coming, but I absolutely love it. I was hoping that the Chiefs would be able to grab Sproles before he was tagged. I view McCluster as a Sproles/Dante Hall. Maybe with a little better recieving ability than both. With him and JC on the field together will create some serious match up nightmares.

Me too. The first words out of my mouth when I heard the pick announced were,WTF. Then they showed high lights and I reconized him through the high lights but not by name.

I now think its was a smart pick.

I am with most of you all on here. At first I was stunned and then I saw the highlights and man, this guy is crazy fast. Also, he is a class act, Christian, leader and has a wonderful testimony:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWsGL1lbmHk"]YouTube- Dexter McCluster's Testimony[/ame]

he's going to get us some major YAC yards

My guess the reason for his superspeed accell but lack of top end has everything to do with his short stature (and short legs)

he is still going to be an explosive part of this upcoming KC offense

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast