Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Big John Henderson

Default Big John Henderson

John Henderson, probowl defensive tackle for the Jacksonville Jaguars, was released today.

the giants tried to get him in for a visit, but Pioli beat them to it. His first stop in free agency is Kansas City tomorrow, Tuesday April 27th.

Henderson, who is a massive 6'7" and 345 pounds, will be 31 when camp starts, but he could easily be the stop-gap we need on the defensive line until we can draft and develop a nose tackle.

If he clears his physical and we sign him, then I am saying this offseason is an unequivocal success. Young, intelligent, high-character leaders, and solid, proven vets.

man oh man this would take all of the sting out of not drafting a big ugly to help the run defense. I mean, i would just be pleased as punch.
    Last edited by Coach; 04-28-2010 at 08:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hometeam View Post
    Oh there is enough people in LA to support two teams.. LA has 20x the people KC does.

It just that LA people dont like football enough. There is too much other crap to do (or they are too busy trying to be somebody~)
    Sorry - you're wrong.

Lots and lots and lots of people in LA love the NFL. The reason why a specific team doesn't work is because there are so many transplants.

go to a bar on a Sunday morning, and there are Eagles, Steelers, Browns, Seahawks, giants, Jets, Saints, Chargers, Cardinals jerseys. Not to mention to requisite raiders.

My thought is this. Just play 17 games in LA. If they brought every team into Los Angeles for one week, that stadium would always sell out. I think that is how you start to build up the fan base, introducing the game to a lot of the immigrant population who otherwise is disinterested.

When I lived in SoCal and the Rams and the Raiders where still there, The Raiders draw a not so friendly crowd. The location of the LAC was in a not so good part of town. The last game @ LAC I went to there we fights, people attacked and a ton of unfriendly drunks and sore losers. I never returned to another game there after that.

Also, it got so bad they baned drinking all together. No beer from start to finish....

Quote Originally Posted by okikcfan View Post
    When I lived in SoCal and the Rams and the Raiders where still there, The Raiders draw a not so friendly crowd. The location of the LAC was in a not so good part of town. The last game @ LAC I went to there we fights, people attacked and a ton of unfriendly drunks and sore losers. I never returned to another game there after that.
    Yeah, LA has some of the worse fans outside of New York and Philadelphia. They are just plain nasty.

The Dodgers games are not as bad as the Raiders games, but they are bad enough that I do not buy tickets for the cheap seats anymore. You take your life in your own hands if you go in the cheap seats sporting other team's jerseys. Again, not as bad as it was at Raiderss games, but it is bad enough.

I don't get it though, KC and St. Louis fans are so classy compared to the idiots out here.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Yeah, LA has some of the worse fans outside of New York and Philadelphia. They are just plain nasty.

The Dodgers games are not as bad as the Raiders games, but they are bad enough that I do not buy tickets for the cheap seats anymore. You take your life in your own hands if you go in the cheap seats sporting other team's jerseys. Again, not as bad as it was at Raiderss games, but it is bad enough.

I don't get it though, KC and St. Louis fans are so classy compared to the idiots out here.
    I am not so sure it is the locals so much as it is the crowd that the Raiders attract. I almost got my butt kicked when I went to Oakland to watch a Faider v Chiefs game. I wasnt even wearing red and gold, or cheering for the Chiefs. I was wearing grey and just keeping to myself. I was threatened because I wasnt cheering loud enough for the Raiders!

San Diego fans are pretty tame when they arent playing the Raiders.

It does have alot to do with whom the Faiders attract, There biggest fans are crips, bloods & Family (The Gang, Family) but again thats when they were in LA. I grew up in Inglewood in the 70's, back then the crips had most of the control because they were the biggest.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    I am not so sure it is the locals so much as it is the crowd that the Raiders attract. I almost got my butt kicked when I went to Oakland to watch a Faider v Chiefs game. I wasnt even wearing red and gold, or cheering for the Chiefs. I was wearing grey and just keeping to myself. I was threatened because I wasnt cheering loud enough for the Raiders!

San Diego fans are pretty tame when they arent playing the Raiders.
    San Diego fans are great, in my experience. We saw the Chiefs playing the Chargers (the day Priest got injured), and everyone there was ribbing us in a very good-natured way. A couple fans even gave us some BBQ and beers out in the parking lot.

Quote Originally Posted by okikcfan View Post
    It does have alot to do with whom the Faiders attract, There biggest fans are crips, bloods & Family (The Gang, Family) but again thats when they were in LA. I grew up in Inglewood in the 70's, back then the crips had most of the control because they were the biggest.
    Maybe, but that does not equate to the problems at Dodgers' stadium. It is bad there as well. The Dodgers organization is really working hard to clean it up. There are not too many other stadiums around the league with these problem.

Of course, San Francisco gets ugly when the Dodgers come to town and Chicago and St Louis are always ready to throw down when they get togehter, but it seems like places such as Philadelphia, Boston, LA and New York or openly hostile to anyone that comes into those stadiums.

Of course I am talking baseball here, I have never been to a football game other than in KC.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

I love how this thread turned from Jon Henderson into a dialouge about California fans.
    Resident Ambassador!

Quote Originally Posted by KCINNYC View Post
    I love how this thread turned from Jon Henderson into a dialouge about California fans.
    Threads tend to take on a life of their own.