Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Big John Henderson

Default Big John Henderson

John Henderson, probowl defensive tackle for the Jacksonville Jaguars, was released today.

the giants tried to get him in for a visit, but Pioli beat them to it. His first stop in free agency is Kansas City tomorrow, Tuesday April 27th.

Henderson, who is a massive 6'7" and 345 pounds, will be 31 when camp starts, but he could easily be the stop-gap we need on the defensive line until we can draft and develop a nose tackle.

If he clears his physical and we sign him, then I am saying this offseason is an unequivocal success. Young, intelligent, high-character leaders, and solid, proven vets.

man oh man this would take all of the sting out of not drafting a big ugly to help the run defense. I mean, i would just be pleased as punch.
    Last edited by Coach; 04-28-2010 at 08:04 AM.

More people saying no visit now.

Honestly, it wasn't a great fit anyways. Henderson being 6'7" plays way too high to be an ideal 3-4 nose. He'd be great as a 3-4 DE, but that would mean possibly trading Dorsey or making him a rotational player. Do we really want to make such a drastic move to accommodate a 31 year old player?

Are you kidding? Our geniuses were already talking about playing Dorsey more at NT (mistake imo) but whatever. If they want to I would sure as hell much rather see a 3 man front of Henderson Dorsey and Jackson than half the other stiffs we have on our team. No matter how you shake up the lineup Henderson would be a HUGE upgrade for us. On the field and in the lockerroom. We have PLENTY of money to spend and he's an absolute no brainer signing imo. A gift that the KC brass would regret refusing imo.

Any news on the John Henderson front?

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post

None that I no of. I think that we would have signed him by now if we were going to. I hope that I am wrong but I think he is going eleswere.

i cant remember where i saw it but i saw some report that indicated to me that the giants might have stolen him out from under us...maybe offered him an overpriced deal

Here's another link regarding the Giants and John Henderson:

Giants eyeing ex-Jag DT Henderson »
    By Ralph Vacchiano

Despite using their first two draft picks last week to bolster their defensive line, the Giants don’t appear to be done just yet.

They have “kicked the tires” on former Pro Bowl defensive tackle John Henderson, according to an NFL source, and could have some interest in signing him if the price is right. Henderson, according to his agent, was officially released by the Jacksonville Jaguars today.

Read more: TheBlueScreen - NY Daily News

It's from the 26th but still shows to me that the battle to attain his rights appears to be between us and the Giants. I assume he'd have a much better chance at starting and making a large impact here in KC but the Giants reputation as of late is higher. That and maybe the NY life-style or money, who knows. If it's money I think we should throw a little more his way?!?

BUMP

Hell Yea!!! THAT would be a great addition!!! ")
    **ChiefsChick**

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post

Nothing new to report. Rumored interest by the Browns and the Giants.

He hasn't visited yet, that doesn't mean that he won't.

While the Giants may be more of a premium market, I honestly think having Crennel as your DC would be a big asset to our recruiting free agents.

In NY, you still have to battle dallas, philly, and now washington. You play well in KC, and you're primed for a playoff berth.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast