Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast

Thread: Big John Henderson

Default Big John Henderson

John Henderson, probowl defensive tackle for the Jacksonville Jaguars, was released today.

the giants tried to get him in for a visit, but Pioli beat them to it. His first stop in free agency is Kansas City tomorrow, Tuesday April 27th.

Henderson, who is a massive 6'7" and 345 pounds, will be 31 when camp starts, but he could easily be the stop-gap we need on the defensive line until we can draft and develop a nose tackle.

If he clears his physical and we sign him, then I am saying this offseason is an unequivocal success. Young, intelligent, high-character leaders, and solid, proven vets.

man oh man this would take all of the sting out of not drafting a big ugly to help the run defense. I mean, i would just be pleased as punch.
    Last edited by Coach; 04-28-2010 at 08:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SAPHOJUNKIE View Post
    i was joking, hence the smiley face.
    Of course you were, as was I, I just like using that question "Do you really want to go there?"

And Canada, we don't need anything outta you either!

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

An interesting thing about big John is that he has not signed with anyone yet. It makes one wonder who exactly decided that a visit was not needed.

I am guessing that the guy wants a lot of money. Considering that he was due a lot of money from the Jags, makes one wonder exactly what he is asking for. Even the Giants have not signed him and the speculation was that he was cancelling a visit to KC because he got a better offer there.

I have no doubt he will land a team before the season starts, but my guess is that he is going to hold out and try and get as much money as he can.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    An interesting thing about big John is that he has not signed with anyone yet. It makes one wonder who exactly decided that a visit was not needed.

I am guessing that the guy wants a lot of money. Considering that he was due a lot of money from the Jags, makes one wonder exactly what he is asking for. Even the Giants have not signed him and the speculation was that he was cancelling a visit to KC because he got a better offer there.

I have no doubt he will land a team before the season starts, but my guess is that he is going to hold out and try and get as much money as he can.
    I had heard he was having back problems as and needed to lose some weight to remedy that issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I had heard he was having back problems as and needed to lose some weight to remedy that issue.
    I was wondering if maybe he realized that there were a lot of teams interested, and why not take some time off? do you really want to sign with a team and try to go do all their offseason workouts?

If he waits two months, he can skip all the "voluntary" crap and hang out on a beach in thailand.

But that's really interesting, maybe he wouldn't have passed the physical, and he didn't want to have that looming over him.

I heard Keith Bullock say that he didn't want to talk to ANY teams until May, when he was over his injury. He told his agent that he didn't even want to know who was calling about him.

Man oh man, if he's healthy, I'd love to bring him in. Just a tackling machine. I know he's getting older, but he would be so perfect for this defense this year.

henderson/bullock - my new "dream list" for the offseason.

If he is just needing to drop weight to help his back then I hope we are in the running. If there is a real injury there I dont no. He is getting older in NFL age and will take more time to recover from injuries. It would be nice to see him brought in to help the defense. But since its been so long i dont think that its going to happen.

So I'm guessing the new news on Henderson is there is no news and we are guessing as to why he did or did not have a date to visit KC and if he did or did not want too much money or he does or does not have a back problem because he did or didn't put on some extra pounds or not? Wait....I'm confused....What was the question again, was there a question, who were we talking about? lol

Quote Originally Posted by okikcfan View Post
    So I'm guessing the new news on Henderson is there is no news and we are guessing as to why he did or did not have a date to visit KC and if he did or did not want too much money or he does or does not have a back problem because he did or didn't put on some extra pounds or not? Wait....I'm confused....What was the question again, was there a question, who were we talking about? lol
    We are talking about SoCal sports fans. Welcome to the conversation.

pfft...they were talking about his "bad back" when he came out of Tenn as a rookie. We should have already signed the guy.

We have nothing to lose. Sign him NOW!

It does make you wonder if there is something more to his back issues since Jax went out and drafted two guys to replace him in the first two rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post

Word is he wants too much money and until he decides to come down on his price, it looks like no one will take him at this time...

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast