Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just a question.

Default Just a question.

Should the chiefs try to go after a LT still. Like Jared Gaither from the ravens or Jammal Brown from the saints.

I like Gaither. If we can get him for a good price, then definitely. I kind of think the Ravens aren't going to trade him though.

He hasnt signed his tender yet. Do you think he is worth a first round pick?

uh no. Branden Albert is still young, and improved last year, we have a good young LT prospect. no reason to throw that away.

Quote Originally Posted by hometeam View Post
    uh no. Branden Albert is still young, and improved last year, we have a good young LT prospect. no reason to throw that away.
    meh.. Gaither is young too (younger actually), and an elite LT right now. Nothing would be thrown away, we still need a RT. Branden can play there. I don't pass up a chance at a young, elite player because I believe my player might get better.

I wouldn't give up a 1st rounder for him, but I'd trade a 2nd for him.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    meh.. Gaither is young too (younger actually), and an elite LT right now. Nothing would be thrown away, we still need a RT. Branden can play there. I don't pass up a chance at a young, elite player because I believe my player might get better.

I wouldn't give up a 1st rounder for him, but I'd trade a 2nd for him.
    I agree, but I think it's a moot point. The Ravens, if they trade Gaither, lose one of their starting OTs. They may have done it pre-draft when they could draft his replacement, but they won't do it now.

Jamaal Brown is likelier, though he'd probably only worth a 4th or 5th, and we'd probably play him on the right side.

Like it or not (and you can guess which one of those fits me), our current GM/HC really believe Albert is our long-term solution at LT.

If we can get gaither for a 2nd round pick there is no doubt we should get him.

Left tackle is STILL a need for this team.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    I like Gaither. If we can get him for a good price, then definitely. I kind of think the Ravens aren't going to trade him though.
    I AGREE, IMO the Ravens are the team to beat in the AFC in 2010, therefore I don't see them making big changes, especially now that the draft is over, a trade won't help them this year.

........And next year (2011)the chiefs will beat them in the playoffs.Thet won't trade with us.

Quote Originally Posted by hometeam View Post
    That is a matter of opinion. People see the Chiefs improving the second half of the season, and i see our schedule being easier the second half with a few other varibles that helped like J. Charles and Chambers. Those variable made Albert better, but I am not comfortable relying on him being the LT. The same could be said for Rt. I would rather we get a much more proven LT and move Albert (who is an upgrade at RT) to RT to answer two questions with one move.

I think Pioli believes that if you sign enough O -lineman either late in the rounds or through UFA, you will find an adequate starter. That is how they did in NE and already showed that with this years UFA rookie signings.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast