Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: McCluster = Incredible acceleration!

Default McCluster = Incredible acceleration!

One thing that kind of disappointed a lot of scouts and draft type people was McCluster's overall 40 yard dash time. They thought he'd be in the 4.3 range and he ended up running a 4.58 and 4.46 at his pro day.

Here's the scary thing though. His 10 yard split, or how fast he runs the first 10 yards of the 40, clocked in at 1.52 seconds. That's a hundreth of a second faster than DeSean Jackson, one of the fastest players in the NFL! His 20 yard split is only 4 hundreths slower than Jackson at 2.56.

So basically, while McCluster seems to lack great top end speed, he reaches it extremely fast, and being his size he is able to turn on a dime. Image this guy running a 10 yard In route from the slot. He is 10 yards downfield in 1.52 seconds, already making his break. So, basically if Cassel can survive in the pocket for 2 seconds, McCluster is already ready to be receiving the ball!

Sorry, got a little nerdy there. But hopefully this excites somebody other than me. I can't wait to see this guy on the field!
    Last edited by Coach; 04-28-2010 at 08:01 AM.

i liked him @ the combine and was hoping we pikd him, but we may have reached a little.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    i liked him @ the combine and was hoping we pikd him, but we may have reached a little.
    Watching the draft they said that the eagles were only a couple of picks back were going to grab him and they were shocked when we got him. Hopefuly he turns out to be a steal even in the 2nd round.

Were going to like this pick....

I don't remember the game, but I was rooting against Ole Miss and McCulster won them the game. I was so made too...I don't even remember who was playing against them, but I know I didn't want Ole Miss to win.

He is something special.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Ole Miss won 2 Cotton bowls and McCluster is the reason why as he was mvp of both of those cotton bowls he played in. He is going to bring us a ton of excitement and it will be fun to watch. I can't wait. I already created the draft picks in Madden and have all players in position. Dexter has been scoring like a mad man in my ps2 lol.
    Chiefs Nation

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    One thing that kind of disappointed a lot of scouts and draft type people was McCluster's overall 40 yard dash time. They thought he'd be in the 4.3 range and he ended up running a 4.58 and 4.46 at his pro day.

Here's the scary thing though. His 10 yard split, or how fast he runs the first 10 yards of the 40, clocked in at 1.52 seconds. That's a hundreth of a second faster than DeSean Jackson, one of the fastest players in the NFL! His 20 yard split is only 4 hundreths slower than Jackson at 2.56.

So basically, while McCluster seems to lack great top end speed, he reaches it extremely fast, and being his size he is able to turn on a dime. Image this guy running a 10 yard In route from the slot. He is 10 yards downfield in 1.52 seconds, already making his break. So, basically if Cassel can survive in the pocket for 2 seconds, McCluster is already ready to be receiving the ball!

Sorry, got a little nerdy there. But hopefully this excites somebody other than me. I can't wait to see this guy on the field!
    It sure excites me!! I think It'll give cassel a new option if he is being pressured in the pocket.

I was reading on another site about this guy. It was brought up that McCluster put up 225lbs. 20 times. He is 175 lbs. The bigger Terence Cody(NT) only did it 22 times and weighs around 350. Nice power to weight ratio!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AkChief49 View Post
    I was reading on another site about this guy. It was brought up that McCluster put up 225lbs. 20 times. He is 175 lbs. The bigger Terence Cody(NT) only did it 22 times and weighs around 350. Nice power to weight ratio!!!
    Yup, it's incredible. It really explains how his size doesn't hold him back at all despite the fact that he is going to be the smallest guy on the field every time he's out there.

Granted it's a little easier to bench press when you have the arm length of a 5'8" guy than a 6'5", but he's definitely amazingly strong for his size.

Quote Originally Posted by buffman316 View Post
    I am with most of you all on here. At first I was stunned and then I saw the highlights and man, this guy is crazy fast. Also, he is a class act, Christian, leader and has a wonderful testimony:
    Looks like an exceptional young man...

I'm only concerned about his size, especially for a slot WR. I can just see him getting annihlated going over the middle.

Hell put on some bulk, and be close to the same size as alot of slot wrs albeit shorter and stouter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast