Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs vs Bengals

Default Chiefs vs Bengals

It's the season opener, and our beloved Chiefs are at home against an obviously improved Cincy team. I say our revamp "O" line shows up for work and LJ pounds it down their throats in a hard fought slug fest of smash mouth football. I think what will be noticeably different in this game will be the much improved play of the Chiefs over-all "D". This will be the year that they climb out of the cellar.

What say you Chiefs and Bengals fans; sound off!
    :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

Default Re: Chiefs vs Bengals

3777 wrote:
    It should be a great game. The noise level generated by almost 80,000 die hard, knowledgable fans, is hard to quanitfy, but the weapons on the Bengals offense are numerous. I'm primarily concerned about Gonzalez and LJ of course, but I do think the Bengals have made sufficient improvement on their D to be an average NFL defense this year instead of the doormat they were in the past.

I also have to give kc props for Trent Green. Nice articles today in the Cincinnati Enquirer concerning Green's relationship with Carson Palmer and how encouraging he has been. Nice to know that there are some true class acts out there like Green.

Here's to a great game on Sunday (with the Bengals winning of course!)
    I think it's going to be a tough one; and yes, one cannot rule out the off-season acquisitions that both teams have made. As always it will come down to who wants it more. I'm giving an edge to the Chiefs simply for the fact that it's the season opener and we're at home.

Nice analysis and response, even down to the sarcasm. In another post I recognize Gonzales, although I have to admit to having spelled his name incorrectly. The problem with shootouts though, regardless of last year's game, is needing a variety of weapons. You named 3. The stats for those 3 speak for themselves, but what about the wideouts that you don't mention by name? Your concern should be that the Bengals bring the #2 passer, a 1400 yard running back, and 3 wide outs that could start for any team in the NFL. In the preseason game, the Bengals did not play conservative football with Palmer. They tried all of the routs that a vanilla preseason game plan includes, plus Palmer scrambling and even running 11 yards for a first down. Don't look for them to try to baby Palmer. At the same time, that 1400 yard back, playing behind one of the top 5 lines in the NFL is there to even it out.

Both teams have good offenses, but until the effect of Roaf's retirement and the state of your o line is demonstrated, I look for the chief's d to have a very long day.

All in all it should be an exciting and great game. Here is to a hard fought game with no injuries and the best team winning!

3777 wrote:
    ...All in all it should be an exciting and great game. Here is to a hard fought game with no injuries and the best team winning!
    Agreed! :pint: :-D

Generally speaking, having six new starters isn't a good thing for a defense.I didn' see the names Rod Woodson, or Ray Lewis in that bunch.

Speaking of Ray........why don't you ask Ray what it is like delivering a hit to L.J. Oh wait, that would be recieving a hit from Will Shields. You don't just run up and lay one on L.J. First you try to squeek past the dominant pulling linemen, then you absorb the hit from L.J. The Bengals' defense,Much like ours here in K.C.,hasn't exactly struck fear into the hearts of opposing offenses.

I'll grant that the Bengals'DB's had a knack for the INT last season, but wich of them had more than Ty Law?

That's right. Hit L.J. Piss him off. That's what I'd do.
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad

prough91 wrote:
    That's right. Hit L.J. Piss him off. That's what I'd do.
    Sounds like a plan to me. :-D

3777 wrote:
    It should be a great game. The noise level generated by almost 80,000 die hard, knowledgable fans, is hard to quanitfy, but the weapons on the Bengals offense are numerous. I'm primarily concerned about Gonzalez and LJ of course, but I do think the Bengals have made sufficient improvement on their D to be an average NFL defense this year instead of the doormat they were in the past.

I also have to give kc props for Trent Green. Nice articles today in the Cincinnati Enquirer concerning Green's relationship with Carson Palmer and how encouraging he has been. Nice to know that there are some true class acts out there like Green.

I thought that was downright awesome of Trent to do that.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Guru wrote:
    3777 wrote:

Link???

I have to admit to being a novice on message boards. I'm not sure how to link it, but it was in the Cincinnati Enquirer sports section for 9/7/06. I know that you can read the Enquirer on line, but I don't know whether the story would be in the on-line version or not.

They were rightfully very complimentary to Green, and Palmer indicated that it meant a lot to him. Even more telling of the class that Green has, it was Green who apparently reached out to Palmer.

Just 2 more days until the fun begins.
    Chiefster wrote:
    Guru wrote:
    3777 wrote:

Link???

[quote]
    3777 wrote:
    I have to admit to being a novice on message boards. I'm not sure how to link it...

No worries; usually a simple copy and paste do the trick. :-D

It is great to hear a story like this; rather then some TO hoopla. What exactly are the circumstances???

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast