Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Brian Cushing

Default Brian Cushing

should have been stripped of his defensive rookie of the year award. No questions about it. The NFL is now sending mixed signals to young football players everywhere that although using Steroids is bad, you can still succeed and be rewarded for using them. What do you guys think? (sorry for the non-chiefs post guys, just not a lot of chiefs news going on).
    Great Googly Moogly

RyanD82 - Twitter

I agree, he should not get the Defensive ROY. The guy seems like he has been a steroid monkey, and thus a cheater, since high school. I don't think the NFL is sending any messages though, the AP votes for Defensive ROY.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    I agree, he should not get the Defensive ROY. The guy seems like he has been a steroid monkey, and thus a cheater, since high school. I don't think the NFL is sending any messages though, the AP votes for Defensive ROY.
    ah good point.
    Great Googly Moogly

RyanD82 - Twitter

First, Cushing did not test positive for steroids. He tested positive for hCG. hCG is used after a steroid cycle to kickstart normal testosterone production. And he tested positive for hCG early in the season. Which means there's a pretty good probability that he was juicing in college and stopped for the pros.

Second, if you're going to strip Cushing, strip Peppers and Merriman of their ROYs too. And put an asterick next to every SB team that had a player who took a banned substance (hint: all of them).

This stuff isn't retroactive. And it shouldn't be.

Just wanted to share this tidbit I got from Rotoworld.com:

"One NFL GM tells Thomas George of AOL Fanhouse that suspended LB Brian Cushing's steroids use dates back to high school.
    'We did our research on him before the draft last year and we concluded he was a chronic steroid user dating back to high school,' said the unnamed general manager. 'More than a few people were surprised when he passed the steroid tests at the Combine. I think the guy became a pro at masking it, until he was caught. I definitely would have taken my vote back on (the Defensive Rookie of the Year) award if I had one.'"

Quote Originally Posted by bwilliams View Post
    First, Cushing did not test positive for steroids. He tested positive for hCG. hCG is used after a steroid cycle to kickstart normal testosterone production. And he tested positive for hCG early in the season. Which means there's a pretty good probability that he was juicing in college and stopped for the pros.

Second, if you're going to strip Cushing, strip Peppers and Merriman of their ROYs too. And put an asterick next to every SB team that had a player who took a banned substance (hint: all of them).

This stuff isn't retroactive. And it shouldn't be.
    You're right, he didn't test positive for steroid use. But testing positive for hCG indicates recent steroid use. hCG is still a PED and not allowed in the NFL. He should have been stripped, just like Merriman and Peppers should have. This test showed up positive in September during the season. Hence, strip him and give it to a guy who didn't need PEDs, Jairus Byrd.
    Great Googly Moogly

RyanD82 - Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by DC_Chiefsfan View Post
    You're right, he didn't test positive for steroid use. But testing positive for hCG indicates recent steroid use. hCG is still a PED and not allowed in the NFL. He should have been stripped, just like Merriman and Peppers should have. This test showed up positive in September during the season. Hence, strip him and give it to a guy who didn't need PEDs, Jairus Byrd.
    Let me put it another way: there is no evidence Cushing took steroids while in the NFL, although a great deal of evidence exists that he did in college. Traces of hCG (which isn't a masking agent - it kickstarts testosterone production after artificial sources have been deprived) were found at the beginning of the 2009 season, which probably means he'd abandoned them by then. If that's so, there's no cause to strip the award.

The AP had a chance to right a wrong. Finally, I thought there would be consequences. That's just my opinion. The fact that HCG was in his body is proof that he was doping. Was he not coming off a knee injury?. The guy cheated, period. After Barry Bonds and how he was crucified by the media, I thought for sure they would send a loud, clear, message here. Steroid use should not be tolerated at any level of sports. Again, that's just my opinion. HCG human chorionic gonadotropin Anabolic SteroidnbspProfiles - Steroid . com

The AP are idiots. You get caught cheating (yes cheating, he took a banned substance and got caught), and at the end of the day the worst that happens to you is that everyone knows you were taking a female fertility drug to make your testicles normal again. Ridiculous.

This image is insane. Nothing like 4 years of roids to turn you from a mushy freshman to a borderline cartoon character.

http://www.thedirty.com/wp-content/u...trh23e8ggb.jpg

hcg is still a banned substance and he tested positive for it in September DURING the season employed by the National Football League. If these results would have surfaced before season's end he would have been suspended and not eligible for the award. There is no reason that should be any different now. From what I read, you either take hCG during your steroid cycle or immediately after and it usually takes 2-3 weeks to raise your testosterone levels. This means he was most likely using during training camp and possibly during the actual season, which is unacceptable.
    Great Googly Moogly

RyanD82 - Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast